Maybe Boundless's first oficial Holliday:day off the explorer (just one day a year)

I agree with you for the most part. I see what they are trying to do here, it WOULD show you the entire world to it’s full potential. But I just love those portals. It’s not that it makes it easier but that it is such a cool aspect being able to see through and just travel around. It’s a very cool feature.

Closing off portals would push me away from Boundless to be honest.

Closing off the portals for just one day as an event? If you don’t mind me saying so, that seems a bit of an overreaction. To take portals out of the game entirely and forever, yes, I take your point. But the question was about a single day, right?

yeah, @the-moebius - you gave 2 options that sound very extreme lol; its either lovable or dumb, no middle ground :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yep one day a year

yeah i got it now lol just dont vote if its inbetween next time i make more options for polls

i getting vibe here that alot off people think its forever its just one day a year
i put it in title and add for 24hours lol
hehe love the reactions people keep em coming i might have to invent something else lolz like random portal day

lol I didnt mean more options, just the wording for them; its obvious there are 2 choices (yes, no), but they could be simply “yes” and “no”

I voted “no” but it made me a bit uncomfortable that it sounded like “its dumb idea” cause I didnt see it that way :wink:

2 Likes

yeah was a little joke didn work out well hehe
cant change it anymore
feel free to say im dumb guys i dont mind lolz and some off you neither hahahah :star_struck:

1 Like

The post originally didn’t say only 24 hours, but if that’s the case then no big deal. I’ll go play something else for a day. :blush:

1 Like

I would caution though, that a lot of players don’t follow these forums. If they login that day and find all the portals closed, they may log out and we could potentially lose them forever. Not good for a game that already has issues with low player population.

haha im not gonna do it no worrys lol just to see opinions its clearly not loved by alot off peoples so i leave it alone

How about the game portals all players to a random destination on another planet. We could call it the Day of Lostness, and the festivities would include surviving and trying to make it back to civilization. Then we could erect monuments to the explorers who never returned. Lol

3 Likes

Oh this sounds so fun!

yeah way better when i have time i start a new post but this needs some dev support so not sure its possible maybe we just do a sugestion post for ideas for a holiday :smile:

I agree it does need dev support because not everyone uses the forum. My neighbour, for example, they don’t use the forum and tend to keep to themselves but pops by every now and then, but not often enough for me to relay the information.

wow its olmost 50 50 like the time to control the weather poll
interesting again

me personally i love the idea… and as rigtly said, those who cannot truely afford up-keep costs for the re-start costs - those people can wall of their exit… also as said it would be a choice of the participent…

However… i personally think that maybe it should be done with only major thourough-fairs and major links etc, then we would not have to argue about anything once/if it happens…

As an explorer myself i would agree to seing this implemented as long as…

• It is the major hubs only (as officicial) and the rest of us can participate if we so choose
  • it is for one day a year (or a weekend?) i mean whats 24 hours of forced exploration (which as @the-moebius actually says will not be forced) I still think it should be forced to the major links and etc
  • If enough people complain the idea will be re-thought
  • it would bring a whole new meaning back to the Warp Crystal which as of now imo is completley redundant
  • its a vote… nothing is being forced on anyone

also on the pro side… it would encourage new things socially… for example, people would bother getting parties together JUST to explore the Oortiverse…

A few thoughts
it might be a randomized one way portal, to a random location on a random planet, and you have all your current warp locations frozen until you tag the portal again.
Or an alter that gives you a location to reach, limiting how you can get there (warp blocks, sanctum)
Optional time limit, having to find the portal like meteors dist., switching between planets.

3 Likes

as much as that is a good way of seeing it… what if someone does this, but is then stuck on the way back?/can’t get back? unless that single portal works both ways ofc (and does not just die after one use)

1 Like