Meet and greet. for old and new players

Bobmcbobzorz here, a software developer in the UK. Joined the community back in August 2014 as a wayfarer, but have largely been a silent witness.

Looking forward to building a character like this
bobmcbobzorz is great

4 Likes

Iā€™m Cirlex. I love the Oort Online community and have been a part of it for like half a year.
Iā€™m a 15 year old boy living in Norway.
I love games like Oort Online and canā€™t wait for it to officially release.

6 Likes

hello Iā€™m Predatoxic. I think Iā€™m one of the youngest members in this community (Iā€™m only 14 years old :slight_smile: ) and I live in austria. I love Oort online and itā€™s community and Iā€™m happy to be part of the development of this amazing game :smiley: I love building, exploring and fighting whith other people.

5 Likes

Hellou! My Oort Online pseudonym is Bokke, Iā€™m 35 yrs old, and Iā€™ve been playing computer games since I was a little kid. The first computer game I bought from my own money was the ingenious puzzler Push Over by Ocean. It remains one of my all time favorite games. So far Iā€™m very happy about this community here, and I enjoy talking to u guys even though Iā€™m not that talkative. So feel free to address me whenever u like : )

5 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™m 1nquizitor in game or Doomer on steam. I saw Oort online for the first time in July 2014 and I immediately fell in love with it. Backed it in August.
My base is set up on Meezan world. You are all welcome there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice to meet ya, @Babasjiles! I feel that way, too sometimes. Hopefully one day you can show me something youā€™ve built in game! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello all.

My name is Nathan. I am twenty years old and I currently reside in Texas. Iā€™m interning at a production company here. Iā€™ve loved video games for my entire life, and in the past two years or so, I took that love for video games and turned it into something bigger and more meaningful: My gaming Youtube channel. Iā€™m known as PendragonTheNinja, and Iā€™ve been working hard to make it unique, and provide content that is professional and fun. :smile:

I discovered Oort Online late 2014, and when I fully read up on it on the website, I fell in love with the game, the vision for it, and how much the developers seemed to truly care about it and the community they were slowly building. I purchased it as soon as my budget would allow! Very soon, I will be beginning a Letā€™s Play series with the game, as well as an Oort Online update series when the game gets new updates and such.

Thank you to the developers for working so much with the community to create a game that is exactly how it should be. Community driven. You guys rock, and I look forward to being a part of this community for a long time, watching this game grow and develop, and being able to say, ā€œI was there from the beginning!ā€ :smiley:

7 Likes

Hi all,
yesterday I was posting on the old forumā€¦ So now I will post on this one instead!
Iā€™m David from Italy, Iā€™m 25yo and Iā€™m really into gaming and mostly MMOs. This one looks like a new way to express myself and also to do it with a lot of other people sharing their passion for creating and playing. Canā€™t wait to see how this goes! My ingame name is Desirion so hit me up if you wanna build something together or just to get to know eachother.

Iā€™m a sort of Prince of a fairytale, so my idea is to build my own palace, Iā€™m actually working on Nbor Eu Central! ^^
Looking forward to meet someone ingame. Ohā€¦ my steam account name is ā€œdesirionā€!

4 Likes

Hello!

Nyuudles here from US WEST. Iā€™m 18 years old and hoping to be a concept artist in the near future. Creating things is my passion even though itā€™s kinda eh at the moment :x

Nice to meet you all! :smile:

5 Likes

Hey ho Oortarians! Opulus here. Iā€™m in the realms of Oort since July. Iā€™ve been building a Guild House back then and it took me around 8-12 hours in total because you cant fly :smiley:
Yeah uhmā€¦ Iā€™m planning to make an Guild that concentrates on expansion andeconomic domination (DOMINATION!!!). Gonna make a thread to see who wants to join.

Uhm I guess that all I can tell?! xD

Yeah Thereā€™s one more thing. If someone is good in building Towers, could he please contact me? I want to change that horrible looking Towers of my Guild Houseā€¦
Hereā€™s the Trailer btw: http://youtu.be/ndJTRisP9pg

Yeah thats all, nice to meet you Oortarians, and nice to get all your money/gold/oortarian-dollars later ingame ^^

4 Likes

Fireworkman1 here! Also known as; ā€œThe Secret Dev Twitter Guyā€ - Ben

Met some of the team during Insomnia 52 in the UK - Stole most of their wrist bands and is one of the few people that have a Oort online T-shirt?!?!

I am a Wayfarer and joined the community a couple of weeks before the first roadmap vote! :open_mouth:

Currently I donā€™t play too much because I have to focus on University (Games Design) and sometime in the future hope to be good enough to be part of the team ;-; (The kind of dreams I haveā€¦)

Anyways! Much love <3 Fireworkman1 The Secret Dev Twitter Guy

5 Likes

Hey Iā€™m Kuma but unfortunately someone else beat me to this nick, so my Ingame name is KuroKuma. Feel free to call me Kuma^^ (or Kuro but I might not listen). Iā€™m a 20 years old computer science bachelor (not sure if itā€™s called that if Iā€™m not finished yet but I think so^^) from Switzerland who wants to end up with something that has to do with games.

Iā€™m in the Oort community for a long time, but please donā€™t ask me for how long. Iā€™m terrible at guessing.

And even though I sometimes think the game could drift in the (for me) wrong direction. The Devs always do something to please almost everyone, including me. So Iā€™m still here^^ And with the new forum I might post more than before.

4 Likes

Kuma is here

Hosts a little party

1 Like

Hey thor^^ yea had no Internet for about 1 Month >.< Have to catch up on everything now xD

Hi guys Turakae here :smiley:
I am a 24 year old architecture student from austria and joined couple of days ago.
The game is great fun so far and me and a friend already build a nice fortress in folva :smile: feel free to hop by and say hallo if you are around though we dont have a beacon yet so i better describe it ^^ its a huge wall with a giant tower at one side that looks kinda like Big Ben from the U.K. without the pointy roof :smiley:

2 Likes

Yay another austrian player :smiley: hallo

1 Like

Oh nice another one :smiley: nice to meet you Predatoxic

2 Likes

Hello hello!
Ami here from Ohio, USA. 21years of age! Iā€™ve been playing games online for quite a while and I must say Iā€™ve totally fallen in love with Oort.
Iā€™m currently a college student working on a cinematic arts major (more on the still photography side) and am in the works on making my own gaming YouTube channel.
Itā€™ll be a while before itā€™s up and running but when I do have things set up I may do a few episodes of Oort if allowed.
:sunny:
Anyhoo, love the game and look forward to each update. Canā€™t wait for the next one! :smile:

2 Likes

Heya folks! Well met!
Bootlegger here and on Steam (same pic), feel free to friend me.
Older(44), derpy, an always smiling, Perpetual Newb who cant work a controller, or type for that matter. Thanks again @james for helping to solve that minor(!?) beacon spelling issue.
I bought my own 1st computer with wedding gifts (perhaps why Iā€™m no longer married). A whopping pII 233 with 128mb of ram and an 8gb hard drive screaming along online at 56.6k, to play (the first coined by Richard Garriott, MMORPG) Ultima Online. Saw a reference to that game on the Oort Online website and knew Iā€™d finally found a game for me!
Currently hanging out on USEast Xewell, starting lots of builds in a secluded valley, hopefully ending up as a village of sorts. Castles, towers, world trees and, a fountain!?
Thanks to all the builders for the inspirations. Cant wait to explore, build, fight and survive with all of you!

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Iā€™m AmandaPan from California, US. Iā€™m a Digital Design major who hopes to be a 3D modeler for either games or animated movies sometime in the future. Iā€™m more of a lurker on the forums cuz Iā€™m too shy to comment. :no_mouth:

Nice to meet everyone.

4 Likes