Mega Coil (1 coil that maxes a machine's power) POLL

Anonymous poll. Which do you prefer? Consider base density and mesh limits as well as aesthetics or any other ideas you have.

• Yes, I want a single end-game Coil that provides maximum power to a machine.
  • No, I want to keep using several coils at once.

0 voters

Machine rooms look cool as they currently are. However, they ruin your build because of mesh limits. So I’m leaning towards save mesh.

2 Likes

But you wouldn’t complain if you had both as an option right?

1 Like

Perhaps a third option being this would be more popular.

its all about preparation

roughly 125 machines fully coiled to max power with maxed spark generators
and s**tloads of storage
I have not had the mesh limit message yet! feel free to come and peek. it is still a work in progress

5 Likes

So you feel you would have lost enjoyment if there had been an even higher tier coil that didn’t require so much preparation?

1 Like

It would add quality of life to the game if people could power machines with 1 coil. The only downside is all those amazing machine room builds people have made would then be old-school, outdated.

3 Likes

i would never lose enjoyment i adapt myself to the changes the game has to offer. im easy going
if this is what makes others happy then so be it. i’m not bothered

5 Likes

I see. I only asked because I know some people do enjoy the logic puzzles brought forth by managing a workshop.

1 Like

yeah some do :slight_smile:

I like the idea of having a mega coil, but I think everyone would want to know how you would decide how much goes into a mega coil. As far as I can tell, the idea is to save space by combining coils. So how much would a mega coil add?

For the sake of the poll I assumed a single mega coil would max out a machines power. It would be like an umbris blink and/or rift kind of coil and very expensive to make. Maybe instead of one it could be broken into 3? Anyway just thinking about it.

1 Like

Sure, that makes sense either way. Currently, we can only cap out at 7200 power, of course, which is still overkill. Maybe in the future we’ll need more for who knows what?

1 Like

I voted Yes even though the latest patch notes about storage chests is going to bring in a QoL change to machines and coils. Basically, repair a machine or coil and it repairs all the attached coils and machines as well.

I do think that coils are a nice crafting sink in the game cause it seems like people are making new bases and builds all the time so creating new workshops tends to happen from time to time. Plus in the long term, I think the coils are going to be a better progression point for newer players when they get to that end game point or are farming up coin and mats to buy and craft their own.

A single mega coil would probably need to be a multi-block coil (3x3x3 of example) and require a lot of mats to craft too. It would be expensive as heck on top of that. Not saying I am against it or for it but from a space economic point of view for getting the most out of the space in your plots, I like it. I don’t think it would hurt the game to have it though as something beyond Advanced Coils.

2 Likes

Compact 24 advanced coils?

3 Likes

STD Coils = 100 power
ADV Coils = 300 power
If we could have a 3rd coil to deliver 900 power, it’d be a great option that follows the same progression and allows for future power capacity increases.
I’d support a Mega coil but want to keep options open, too.

3 Likes

Yeah this is good too.

1 Like

Anyone who doesn’t want a mega coil, mind explaining why?

Then the code that checks for the maximum allowed number of coils needs to be changed as well. There is no limit to max power, there is a limit of 24 coils…

1 Like

Oh, interesting, well what I meant was a max of whatever the highest current power can be reached is, so 7200 max I think?

But I like the idea of a new set of coils that give 900 power each.