Meteor Drops are Sadly Lacking

Today During the Last Great hunt pre 1.0…

Some of our most valiant hunters got together and we did several level 4 and level 5 meteors and we can confirm that Meteors are for lack of a more diplomatic or nice term! FUBAR

Level 5 Meteor loot = 1 medium fossil, 1 tech component
Level 4 Meteor loot = 2 Oort ore nothing else
Level 4 Meteor loot = 1 Ort Ore 1 Silver Ore

After three high lvl meteors I walk away with 3 Oort??? Why even bother to hunt???
Why waist out sling bow’s durability???
We could salvage the dormant meteors and get more loot!!!

This will be MY SECOND TIME POSTING THIS THREAD

The last time the thread turning into people talking about EVERYTHING BUT the Meteor loot…
This needs to get some attention and badly… This is game balance and game breaking…

Simply NOT ACCEPTABLE Video evidence soon to follow, Also Jiivita likely recorded aswell as Questing Knight…

13 Likes

Although this post is maybe a little dramatic, I’m seriously wondering if this loot is intentional. Currently it’s more efficient for the hunt party to just all go different directions, spawn meteors like mad, then pick up all the dormant loot afterwards. I feel like this can’t be the intended efficient way to get oort…

2 Likes

As it stands right now, meteors feel extremely broken. Maintaining anything more than one or two portals is infeasible, especially for a casual player.

This should be a top priority imo

1 Like

This is a pretty strong post and I am not sure we needed a second post instead of just a simple comment in the existing “live report problems thread”.

I am not sure how it is game breaking than any of some of the other issues. I am sure they are working on the balance as fast as they can.

You are technically still getting Oort so you will get a portal up sooner or later. All the other weapons and stuff to support are resources easily obtained overall because after wipe we won’t be using gems weapons for a while.

3 Likes

Maybe not game breaking, but I think it’s very much meteor breaking. Why would do meteor hunts with this loot table?

My understanding is you get way more experience with a fast tool mining… (@Peyago can back me up on this)

2 Likes

I was on this hunt as well and over the course of three or 4 meteors two of which were above 4+ and I left with 3 Oort stones and a few random other drops, such as tech components and Medium Fossils, I am unsure if this is intended or not, but it feels like it would make maintaining portals will be in the realm of impossibilities.

We no one will have a fast mining tool right away after wipe. So they can have some time to work on the balance.

This is all just about balance. Clearly they were giving too much loot (hence we saw portals and gem spam everywhere from hunts) they dialed it back probably too much.

I’m not saying that is the right value. Meteors are group events. In the next few weeks there will only be small groups if any at all. In the hunt we did on test our group of 4 felt that the rewards were ok considering the level we were at. We walked away with plenty of stuff.

Additionally we need balance for all forms of hunting - solo, group, meteors, and normal monsters in the wild. So they need to work on the loot tables for all these things not solely meteors.

Many people have been complaining about the issue with solo wild monster hunting and no one cares because it is “all about the meteor hunts.” So it being broken now gives them a chance to fix everything for everyone and not just focus on 1 specific thing a group of people want.

2 Likes

dramatic? if we only get 1>2 each time how the XXX is anyone going to fuel a portal at all? 1 oort lasts a week now?

noone will have a weapon to do high level meteors anyway.

yeah maybe dialing it back a bit is good, but personally I really think it’s way too little loot now, to the point that noone would really do it other than just to try it out…

I think the main concern here is the high level ones don’t scale up. And the loot that you’re happy with actually will spawn from a dormant too. You can do a circuit around the planet, wait 30 minutes, then just go to all the dorments and get more loot than you had gotten in your group. This seems like it’s not intentional…

It is nice to be able to do different things, but meteors are the only way to get oortstone in decent amounts, so we’re not able to take an alternate path.

4 Likes

the point is… Meteores are apranelty the only way to get oort now…

2 Likes

it’s true they drop from roadrunners but, honestly that’s worse than meteors right now. (even on the lvl 6 planets)

Yep, it’s crazy… how on earth is the portal network going to be maintained???

2 Likes

exactly and the devs want us to explore the universe… how can we do that? work for hours/days making 20 warp crystals and forget portals entirely? (and yes this is also about the other loot as well so about that)

I was in the hunt myself… and i was only getting

• 1 oort total (45 mins)
  • 1 ruby
  • 1 titanium
  • and about 5 fossiles

Planet was Epsilo as you could tell by the video

I thought they intended to fix the drops being so low with this last patch but it clearly hasn’t improved…

I mean crush them oort stones down and use a straw they’ll last longer. (Just trying to ease the mood) but seriously they will “probably” fix these issues

2 Likes

yep still a month till release, but no harm warning the devs (in case it gets overlooked)

Agree, because they might not understand the scale the resource is being used

I don’t do group hunts, but hunt meteors solo. I don’t do it for drops and don’t care about drops. I do it for fun and a challenge. Any drops are just icing on the cake and tend to just sit on my shelves collecting dust as I never made a portal or a gem anything. I just collecting gems and stones in case someday I wanted to. I hunted with iron bow. :grin:Do it for fun if it’s fun to you and just look at drops as a bonus rather than the main course. If it isn’t fun there’s no point to doing it.

1 Like

I do agree that likely at the high levels that loot balance is wrong. At lower levels there seems to be a different experience we are having.

1. Heureka (I think) got rewards from a dormant meteor
  2. Our whole group of 3 and 4 people tested many meteors and never received any rewards for a dormant meteor.

So we need help from development understanding which is the normal thing to expect.

We have camps of people that like that and we have camps of people that feel that meteors should not be the only way (outside of the road runner drop). That people in solo or non-meteor group hunts should be able to obtain portals. Portals need to be sustainable for all group unless the devs really do want to require them to be a big guild or massive team coordination thing.

Personally I think they need the right reward for group things but we must get back the solo things. It isn’t fair to solo people or those that have a schedule or game situation that cannot allow them to be in “groups”. So why should those people be denied Oort except via stores. That doesn’t feel fair nor a game benefit.

3 Likes

Road runners drop it.

1 Like