Meteor Drops are Sadly Lacking

as i said *exactly because its only the higher end road runners that drop them :wink: and how does someone get there solo ? yeh you need loads of crystals to start - (warp crystals) that is understandable… but to have to fuel a portal to get there for 50 mins? you going to have to be hunting RRs all day to make it beneficial :slight_smile:

I was able to support and run Fire Caverns without huge group hunts or meteors. Fire Caverns touched every planet and was an extensive network.

So it is not a requirement and you will be able to have portal networks just fine… look and what Jeff and Betulix could do without hunts.

There is no doom or gloom is meteors are adjusted and we find a more fair and balanced way for all people to get Oort.

3 Likes

Warp Augments and Warp Conduits let you explore the universe just fine. Perm portals are not a necessity.

1 Like

sounds like they removed rewards completely from dormant :frowning:

I’m not sure how to scale that properly with having some kind of shared loot which has many more downsides

1 Like

OHHH i keep forgetting warp crystals are glass and copper now?

But still… do we not need a solid network come release?

@Simoyd sound like (discord) they changed it so that dormant’s now give lessening rewards based on time its been dormant

yeah I really think they should drop more rewards the higher level the meteor is

1 Like

so a new strategy could be for 1 person to travel ahead and spawn a bunch of lvl1 meteors, then have a large group just destroy all the level 1 meteors and stay back to not spawn higher level ones.

quite a perfect idea actually :slight_smile:

but the devs could have just saved the time and not developed having higher level meteors at all. It seems like this is not intentional.

1 Like

sa in it would be more effective on a level 6 planet etc (as you said on discord)

1 Like

sounds like the planet level doesnt matter and you still only get 1-2 oort per meteor

2 Likes

Your right that was rude of me I appoligize I guess I was still salty over your attack on me earlier over the viceroy issue!

Trying to just be a jerk and call people out certainly doesn’t help anything dude…

This is not a problem for release because no one will be at that level. The devs has much bigger things to worry about over this for the next two weeks.

I am certain they will see the post and add it to the list they have on balance problems and work on things. The game won’t end or the world blow up because people can’t get Oort on day one in massive amounts.

I am sure there are plenty of people here that agree instead of posting a thread announcing the end of meteor hunting you could have just posted a bug report or something that was more conducive toward dev evaluation of the issue.

You made your post, so move on… your issue will be looked at based on the overall priority they have.

4 Likes

a bug report is always good yes… but when V-D doesn’t read the thread in 24/48 hours he has to scroll… what … 50 + reports?

Mainly the point of these posts are to cut down the time the devs have to read the bug reports etc (has always been my opinion but now we are slightly off topic)

And you are completely breaking process and actually causing MORE work for the development team. The threads are there for awareness, consistency, and tracking. We should follow the process they set forth and do our best to adhere to it. When you don’t stick to that stuff you don’t help anything but create more noise.

We have threads for announcing a release, reporting issues with that release, etc. We should respect their wishes and follow it. While they might allow us to post anywhere and answer it, you are not really helping them.

2 Likes

im not breaking the process myself… @Sulfurblade is in this case :stuck_out_tongue: (we all have our opinions… the personal individual always wants to think they are mostly right) i agree in a sense and thats all i am going to say and now mute the thread because i don’t want to push this anymore off topic than it is :slight_smile: (not giving up my opinions, just this thread :wink: )

I wasn’t at the hunt but my slingbows were…

Sad to hear the loot levels were broken!

I am all for resource scarcity… but I am also a big proponent of properly proportional rewards.

A meteor t5 should be amazingly good rewards for the madness of getting that big of a group and completing it

I hope we are heard on this one

3 Likes

The devs read every thread. If I can keep up (and I’m here maybe once/twice a day), I’m absolutely sure someone from Wonderstruck is reading everything.

2 Likes

Cant we all just be friends? These are not POSITIVE VIBES

2 Likes

As hunting is a defined role in the game, I would disagree that this does not need attention prior to release. All the people that like combat are going to be extremely disappointed and the group hunts are one of the only activities that ever draw a crowd of players at one time. I like to solo, but this has really affected a group activity in a very bad way.

2 Likes