Meteor Drops are Sadly Lacking

Fair enough, forgive my overuse of the phrase, I will try to state the point without the qualifier…

Trust me, I will forget and use it sometimes still ( yes, being facetious in this case! ) so bear with me

4 Likes

So I did lead “the end of the worlds hunt” yesterday. The reason why I wanted to run it was that I suspected that the loot tabels was not fixed yet @james. As everyone ells is saying it’s lacking and probably a bug.

The only said part about it that the less loot feels to may players including me that this is not good enough for continuing hunting and may players instead thought it was easier to do solo hunts. We eaven talked about plans for mass spawning meteors and let them go dormant to loot them. That’s not a good sign. I know there is alot of palyers out there that like the hunts and the social part of it. It’s such good way to get together and do something fun.

I will discuss my options on the combat (tank) in another post soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@virresss Did you see this from Tobelawe the developer?

I did :slight_smile:
I just had to post too. As I was leading the hunt :slight_smile:

I’ve had 3000 hours and been leading several hunts every week all from December to now and had 3-35 players it was really hard to count sometimes so probably more too.

I also remember that you stopped leading hunt when the because meteorite where introduced, you got too little Oort, also the meteors were no fun and you liked the old ways (the no feature). this is the reason why the fire caverns shut down.

You have been strongly argumenting that they were not good enough and recently you be been arguments that the solo meteorites need to be bee dropping more loot and then also that group hunt needs fewer drops.

My point, it does not matter what you do, if you are a pro or just a newbie. Everone is entitled to his or her oppinon. it feels sometimes hard knowing that you always is there to strongly argumenting agents so many players and sometimes correcting them. your opinions seem to take over too much sometimes, so chill down. its okay

In my opinion, It’s a bit higher than we had before on live before 195. But it doesn’t sound too much as it takes way more resources and works to get the group hunts going, for lvl 5+ meteors, rather than just go and mine your self. I think the group reward has to be good as it should reward players grouping up because that’s the hardest part of any game function. This is why the difficulty of the group hunt may need an increase, not for everyone but for the tank as the only hard planets are mounteen and alturnik as they have the hardest Debuffs in the game that you can’t block anymore.
so we may need to work a bit harder. higher risk, higher reward.

Furthermore, I believe the aggro may have been nerfed to mutch. to a point where I’m doubting if I’m tanking at all as I can’t hold aggro more than few mobs at the time and only the ones I hit and the ones I hit. I usually do too much dmg. so most mobs I shoot dies anyway 5 seconds later. but he this may be a good change. if we get harder mobs/bosses that the tank has to tank and focus on. the elite wild stocks is a good example. Ee might need the aggro brew to be able to pull full aggro if needed.

So I’m not complaining, as there are too many factors we don’t know about. I’m just saying that there is some sort of unbalance that makes the hunts very different from before and that one tank cant tank them all.

so all hunter you better get some defense now. and maybe some pies.

5 Likes

This is a good point that we haven’t touched on…
During the hunt both you and I were rocking Tank builds with the agro skill and we often times were at different side of the meteor… And even with the two of us we could not hold the mobs attention they were killing and targeting everyone else… In the prior version the agro system wasn’t great but at least it worked the current system doesn’t seem to work at all…

1 Like

Was it because of this…?

2 Likes

I probably should clarify a few things since there are some misconceptions here:

• I didn’t put a game hour number to compete with you or anyone. It was to explain to a newer player that I understand the game decently especially the rudimentary parts of it on groups, hunting, etc. and that they didn’t need to tell me how things work when I never asked for details.
  • I never questioned your expertise in hunting mechanics or was even trying to. Nor was I trying to belittle the hunts that have happened regularly. You have done a good job of creating and managing a regular event for the community and deserve credit for that.
  • I did not quit the hunts because Oort was too little. I had plenty of Oort - 10+ smart stacks of raw stone and 15 smart stacks of shards. I was doing numbers comparing normal wild monster hunts against the meteors and it was slightly less (compared to the time invested) but still a lot overall.
  • I didn’t feel the hunts were not fun. I enjoyed them but overall hunting in this game is simple. I stopped doing them because I felt that we should not have removed one feature of the game (large wild creature hunting) for another feature (meteor event) and restricted larger rewards to only the meteor events.
  • Fire Caverns did not shut down. My post specifically said I was on a temporary break. Yet a few hours after my post, our main portal in Therka Market was stolen and completely redid by Portal Seeks without asking if it was ok, or permission from me or Moebius. So maybe that is where you heard that we “shut down.”
  • I rarely argue “loot tables” and that meteors were not good enough because I have not done them with any consistency lately to decide. Instead, my comments on solo Meteors was that it was needed and should not be going away in a push to make more “group only” events. The meteor life was hurting solo play. I have consistently passionately fought for solo and new player experience in this game.
  • I am cautious on drop numbers and lean to less because it was very visible in the game that when the meteor event came out that something was off because we saw a huge spike in portals and an even larger spike in Gem spam everywhere in cities. Cities and builds of complete gems. So somewhere the balance was off and needed to be fixed since people were not mining for it. They were using an “event” system and possibly taking advantage of a bad balance scenario.
  • I’ve never said people could not have an opinion. I only hold them to solid points, facts and figures, and something beyond just beating up people on the forum because they have some critical point or thing they don’t like in the game or are hugely dismissive of that person.

So yeah I passionately defend people that are not being treated fairly and give a little of that medicine back to the person doing it. Yes, sometimes I come on very strong and aggressive, but most of times it is in equal amounts to the person that did the original post. I’m more verbal when people don’t accept all sides of a discussion or don’t give respect to the other views.

I get that it can feel a certain way and at times my passion has gotten the better of me and I tried to make up for that where I can. I have apologized where I can. I feel I’ve done much more for the community, helped move conversations forward, and bring value to the developers more than some. I don’t always like how it was maybe handled, but we all make mistakes and try to become better. I am very aware of that…

In regards to the rest of your post, if aggro is not going well then that will certainly be an issue for hunts. Even in our small group on testing it was hard to balance the attacking especially when we had people that were Builders, Crafters, etc. At low levels you just will not have a balanced hunter only group. So lots of people could die because of not being speced right. This is why I really think we need many forms of hunting between meteors and normal wild hunts.

7 Likes

Thanks @Xaldafax for being so self aware and for giving your passion and attention to the game the way you have :slightly_smiling_face:

We are all works in progress :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You made a great post @Xaldafax . It was spot on. :clap:

3 Likes

Well said @Xaldafax :+1:

you are still missing my point, and probably proven it again. but I won’t argue with you because there is no point to it. it will only derail the topic even further and you will only have your opinions and I have mine.

And I won’t defend Portal Seekers as this topic has nothing to do with it. but I suggest you talk to @the-moebius as nobody gets a portal there without Mobius say so.

3 Likes

Can we please criticize/give feedback without being overly dramatic like “THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!” ?

4 Likes

they had permission i had a rule on plaza if it closes its free
if i had not this rule it would be a useless hub

Warps… Portals aren’t meant to be easy

yeah I agree with Virresss, let’s not get personal here.

Well “getting personal” and how you act towards people goes both ways… Also it is a “relative” term.

I was clarifying on what happened with the Fire Caverns since it was brought up by someone else, had incorrect information about its history, and wasn’t even part of a “meteor drop issue”. For the record, there was no policy on “shut down take portal” (it came later on and we’ve seen many shut down things be held on to) because when I talked to @the-moebius that afternoon he said that he was not asked or had given approval. But, I’m not going to dig into it any more and will move on.

We used to respect people’s portals and builds especially when they were used to support the community. I guess some of us try to do that and some don’t… Good to know.

1 Like

I think leaving out information can be just as bad as incorrect information. You literally closed every portal in fire caverns, including the many that were paid for by other people. And you did this with effectively no warning. You took a huge dump on the community. You have no right to complain about other people trying to fill the giant gaping prolapsed hole that you left behind.

I think people are plenty aware of your authority of knowledge on the game, and relative to most people in this thread that authority doesn’t matter. Your logical fallacy is appeal to authority

I’m not saying you don’t have authority of knowledge, I’m just saying that other people have plenty of it too. certainly enough to provide different perspectives on the issue.

I think it’s important to debate your point on it’s merits. Saying you’re right just because you have lots of game time isn’t valuable. Saying you’re right because your game time has demonstrated specific examples is better.

1 Like

You’re correct in that it should be addressed and not give a perception of something being hidden. I wasn’t certainly trying to hide that part.

I can see the perception that was caused by closing personal portals with out telling them. I should have alerted them and it wasn’t right or fair to them to do so. If I remember right, though, it was maybe only 1 or 2 people because we only offered a few personal portals and almost all had been inactive for many weeks.

I took extensive efforts to ensure that every area our portals covered had some access to the Universe from other locations. Our portals had another network within 50m or so. So people were not left hanging or stuck on a planet without access and I think trying to convey it as a gaping hole might be much. Maybe it is being confused with the big hub before me by SWProzee1. This was not like when his was shut down and left builds in the middle of an ocean. There was only 1 build in our area with semi-active people and we had suggested to them multiple times that they not build right beside the main hub.

In any event, going forward if I run a hub with portals again, I will have rules and details so things are handled differently if it would shut down.

Maybe that is where the disconnect is. I try my best to never discuss things from a point of “being right” or ever lean towards “Authority.” Those two things are completely contextual in nature. Only once that I can remember have I used game time as a point in any of my posts and instead leave things to specific examples, themes, or methodologies.

In any event, my recent posts were to try to clarify that I was never trying to challenge yours nor virresss’ experience in the hunts and meteor levels. I just was trying to keep us focused on critical path for release based on the character levels we will have for the few couple weeks. Maybe however I worded or presented those posts didn’t come off correctly. Had nothing (like the fire caverns, etc) been mentioned outside of that discussion I certainly would not have brought up old history.

(Edit… yes please can we get back on topic)

1 Like

I have a feeling it’s not the meteor drops that are sadly lacking here.
Communication is a bit broken.
Perception differ.

Can everyone focus on actual topic? This exchange of pleasantries that you have can be moved to private conversation, so you can clear all the misunderstandings.

1 Like

The topic has derailed. We’re all a little tensed up for release, so lets just let it go and talk about some crazy meteor drops.

@boundmore beat me too it. Great minds and stuff. Your’s, Boundmore, is just greater. :wink:

1 Like