Modular Creature Statues - what materials do you think they should require?

The transformation forge effect would cycle through different totem styles (various creature styles) no need for special crafted block. This way it wouldn’t be tied behind major resources. Someone could place down any wood,rock, gem/lucent block down and smack it with the chisel and it would say change to a spitter style totem. Say the base of totem would cycle first, then body, then head. Next would cycle hopper or cuttle or what have you.

I would say atleast make them gem chisel requirement.

Would be a nice addition and not be just end game style.

I’m a big advocate of rarity stuff but I don’t feel this type of decoration should be tied behind having to hunt.

I believe the transformation forge effect on chisels is a stage one boon, so this wood add a stage 2 level boon for it. Even an entirely new boon type of needed.

@majorvex

1 Like

He’s saying let the block determine rarity, so the first hit would be more like a lattice chisel to change it from block to totem, then each hit cycles through them.

Only costs are forge mats and more of the forger’s time and sanity.

I’m not a fan of cycling through 24 LED patterns. 5 mobs means 20 shapes to cycle through with potential for more.

And I do like the prospect of people selling them in shops. It’s already its own theme.

1 Like

Creature totem could be designated by chisel type?

Ruby for hopper
Sapphire for cuttle
Topaz for spitter
Diamond for wildstock
Ect…

1 Like

Is the game currently able to discern between gem chisel types after a forge effect is applied? I don’t know how else to word that question but for the forge effect to ignore the actual chisel action now it seems like the effect is a singular override function. 5 chisels could be 5x the programming.

Not trying to poke holes in the idea maliciously but it’s good to identify things that won’t work or won’t be “easy” now so we don’t present an idea to the devs that they don’t want to do straight off.

I think it makes logical sense that the recipe includes a creature drop, specific to the totem being created. They are creature totems, specifically related to creatures/hunting.

I’m sure there will be more block types in other updates. Probably purely aesthetic/building blocks, along with (hopefully) some interactive blocks/items. New display stands/plinths would be great too.

Edit to add: if they allow metal types, gem types, etc - maybe the transformation chisel could be used to cycle thru the material types? Or used to turn the eye glow on/off lol.

2 Likes

My favorite idea here so far is:
Base at low mat cost because it will be the most functional
Head at higher mat cost but still accessible to lower level players so we can easily make a complete statue
Side details take the trophies because they are the intricate parts that make the statue more imposing and prestigious (and for realism’s sake the most difficult to craft the fine details)

1 Like

The reason I feel that instead of a recipe needed to make these we use transformation is because totems aren’t made from animal parts. They are carved to be made as art.

Unless we are looking at them as Effigies from games like the forest.

I do see your point. Since they are crafted items, they won’t be viewed as trophies, themselves.

1 Like

I couldnt really further explain other than say totems are chiseled and carved like statue’s.

Would be nice if they had buffs on them also, if made from creature parts.

They ward off that type of creature for a certain distance.

1 Like

@DutchOfSorissi always looking like your typing up a storm then erasing then typing again :rofl:

1 Like

Refineries take care of the carving and chiseling on other building and functional blocks. Like a sculptor working from their workshop so long as the statue is small enough, which these are. And you can buy totems from the store.

Another bump in the chisel idea- it doesn’t have radial symmetry. We’d have to add a 4-hit cycle to rotate each one, up to 8 if they can be turned diagonally, for up to 159 hits to get the right style and position.

If they’re crafted but we can hit them with chisels to rotate like machines aaand it allows us to place them diagonally, would that make you salivate a little? Because I’m salivating already. Imagine, Bobbo, a glass table with 4 legs of vivid mustard (gold color right?) roadrunner heads turned to bisect the right angle of the table corner. Classy AF.

Loll I’m usually at work when I’m hanging on the forums and don’t want to make it too clear that I’m sitting here dreaming up ideas for a video game

3 Likes

Why you making me imagine road runner heads doing this…

giphy

5 Likes

I’m for it being crafted. Although a fair amount of content has been made easier on the devs by simply adding it to the forge i personally would not want to fall back on the forge everytime.

3 Likes

I don’t care what the recipe is, I would just be happy being able to craft them and see them added to the game, especially Metal versions of them.