Money printer goes brrrrrrr

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hahahahaha!!!

(async () => {
  const result = await (await fetch('https://api.boundlexx.app/api/v1/worlds/?limit=9999&offset=0&is_sovereign=true')).json();

function getFuelCost(curWorld)
  {
    var sizeCost = (curWorld.size == 384) ? (4/3) : ((curWorld.size == 288) ? (2/3) : (1/3));
    var startDate = new Date(curWorld.start);
    var endDate = new Date(curWorld.end);
    return Math.round(((Math.ceil(Math.abs(endDate - startDate) / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24)) - 30) * sizeCost) * 100) / 100;
  }

var gross = Math.round((result.results.filter(item => item.size == 192).length * 10 + 
			              result.results.filter(item => item.size == 288).length * 20 + 
			              result.results.filter(item => item.size == 384).length * 40 + 
						  result.results.reduce((sum, item) => sum + getFuelCost(item), 0) ) * 100) / 100;

console.log(`$${gross.toLocaleString(undefined, {minimumFractionDigits: 2})}`);
})();

ctrl + c -> ctrl + shift + i -> console -> ctrl + v -> enter

enjoy!

10 Likes

Lol, just looking at the code without trying it, does that calculate gross revenue of all sovereigns?

Hopefully they have a decent profit margin on it, I guess.

yup. planet and fuel gross revenue

1 Like

I usually use F12, I didn’t know about that one, though it’s apparently the one suggested by the context menu.

For any non-coders, this is safe to run if you want to see the current number.

Notably, even if this was net profit, and was a steady reliable number, this still would only pay for maybe 1-2 developers’ salaries at best.

2 Likes

Can anyone translate this in baby words?

2 Likes

And it’s not steady because this includes both re-rolls people are doing, as well as fuel for future months.

EDIT: but I guess a full month hasn’t elapsed either so it’s both low and high.

1 Like

@Simoyd Don’t make me add this to http://portal-seekers.com/explorer.html. I’ll @#^%in do it. I swear.

4 Likes

The code asks the Boundlexx API for a list of every world, takes their size, creation date, and expiration date, and then multiplies that by the appropriate price for the numbet of months and then spits out the amount of money that has been spent across all worlds according to that data.

2 Likes

They’ve made roughly $13,000 off of sovereigns so far.

While that doesn’t seem much, people need to keep in mind that Boundless has a relatively small community right now. A huge marketing push could bring in tons of people and that 13,000 could turn into 130,000 and then into 1.3M.

6 Likes

do it. ask @Angellus to add some way to include expired/removed sovereigns then plot it over time in a graph.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea at all

2 Likes

Listen mr robot xD. The last time I remember programming something was in 2013 I think. Help a noob and give final result :joy:

I was telling DK the other day, I hope after the hype dies out, the devs still get a steady profitable stream. I’d definitely like the game to grow.

2 Likes

Just be sure to represent it as gross revenue. We don’t really want people to be under the impression that this release is providing $240k/yr net profit, since that will set dangerous expectations for future development.

3 Likes

Let’s just hope they don’t lose money on new worlds because the seeding is so expensive and they expect the fuel to pay the bills.

2 Likes

money

5 Likes

Would be interesting to see how many of the new planets are for new or players returning after long term breaks.

If its just a bunch of people like me buying 3 or 4 worlds the games finances will stay just as shakey as they are now

Hopefully its new players and we get a lot more too

1 Like

Thanks thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

You actually meant gross revenue though, right?

4 Likes

Yes. I can finance words, I swear. Corrected.

4 Likes

Before you all jump on moneytrain
. @Jiivita made good point In discord.

Storing sovereigns will cost them a lot if planets keep popping like this

2 Likes