Monumental Boundless news!

@monty1 big burning question on everyone’s mind is can you get 249 out before New Years. Something to tie us over until the real work begins.

2 Likes

This is one of my main concerns, A company typically doesn’t simply buy out another company or IP purely out of the goodness of their own heart, they are typically also looking for an Return in Investment to recover the costs they spent on the buyout and make profit off of it as well.

I do not know anything about the Monumental company, other then at 1st glance it looks like they may specialize in mobile games (I can’t stand mobile games).

Mobile games are notorious for extremely predatory monetization, So if the company indeed does specialize or have deep roots in Mobile games, it makes me more then a little concerned how the company plans to handle Boundless and recover their costs and profit from the buyout.

Hopefully they can find a reasonable way to make the game sustainable that doesn’t follow the mobile gaming trend.

10 Likes

From the way he is talking, it’ll probably be this time next year before it comes out.

As hunt leader, it’s your choice. Never heard anyone complain. They just had fun!

4 Likes

@james @monty1

After a collective 7500 hours roughly between my ps4 and now the computer a bit…
Boundless is the best game i’ve ever played :man_shrugging:
Been a hot minute since i’ve played…but ya best believe i’m gonna be logging in real soon!

There’s hope on the horizon and there’s building to be done :+1:

14 Likes

Here’s to the countless hours of all the Boundless players and the hope of new content and new faces!

21 Likes

cough Told you so. :wink:

Congrats @james, @monty1 and team. Hopefully we can get things back on track now. :heart:

9 Likes

Wow sounds COSMIC !!! :heart:

6 Likes

Will you be able to let us know when listings go up? If you hire remote employees, I’d love a chance to see if there are any positions that line up with my experience.

9 Likes

I agree i just turned the boundless music sound right off so i dont get any copytight claims when streaming boundless sometimes.

I’m encouraged by the fact that they are working on Crowfall MMO. So this gives me some hope that they can take their experience working on that MMO and apply it to this game which has MMO-ish features and vision by its original founders.

4 Likes

4 Likes

There were 3 positions on their website already when I looked at it earlier. No idea if those positions will be working on Boundless though.

5 Likes

I did see those, but at least two of them are definitely for other projects, but I’ll try to keep an eye on that page either way.

@anon43152404 that is a beautiful payoff.

4 Likes

This made my day! I see a long lost Boundless community start to wake up as the news spreads across the discord networks… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

So @monty1 I know there are a lot of creative people in this game once you get settled in maybe check out what they can do. I know there was a skin contest in the past that went really well.

4 Likes

So I get how monetization is an issue however if you want this game to live on you have to give a little to get a little. The predatory model I’m not for but more skins cloths something I’m down with if it keeps the game active and more patches coming.

3 Likes

Of course!

8 Likes

We haven’t opened any positions yet. We have two engineers and a project manager to help with the initial transition. Once we make some progress there, we’ll figure out what we need.

18 Likes

Try not to look up too many online tips; I was clueless about that whole side of gaming and I love the intense sense of wonder I had when I was completely new. I still have it and I believe it’s still with me because I did have such a long time of discovering new things.

2 Likes