Monumental question

from september last year?

Maybe? I am not sure when exactly the transition officially started. Is it 2-3 years from Jamesā€™ announcement? Would it 2-3 years from the purchase? Would it be 2-3 years from now? ā€“ All of it is under speculation of a player.

It could be any and all of these timelines in some combined fashion. ā€“ I donā€™t claim to be Staff, nor do I try to act like staff. I just take what I read and make my own justifications. I could 10000% be wrong as well, And who knows? We could see the start of things as early as 2024?

But from my own experience, Development can go both ways. They could honestly be working on things now to get it started, but run into issues, and development gets stopped until new team members come onboard, or a contractors get hired to fix said issue.

There is a lot of ifā€™s that can happen between now and then.

I speak from my own experience in this. I too came back to the game when I got a singular reply to an issue I waited months for someone to address. And I donā€™t regret my return to the game, But I was losing hope Iā€™d ever get the issue resolved, and once it was, my entire guild all came back to play, and we decided to pick up and move to a sovereign with a very tight schedule thinking we only had 6-months to prepare for the onslaught of new membersā€¦ Only to see the time was extended, and from this thread-- I coulda come back 6 months from now and still had time to prepare.

So TLDR; We have time to play, enjoy the game, make new friends, new enemies, gain new territory, or shrink the territory. We have plenty of time. Invite some friends, and wait until we have more news. No point in asking for status-- itā€™ll be awhile and when the Devs are ready they will tell us. :slight_smile:

Small Edit: I would love to see when the game is re-released offering something similar to the founder packs-- not the same deals obviously-- but there are so many people that would love to give to this game, very talented individuals who would be able to pour their heart and soul, and often wallets into the game if they could get similar to some of the founder accounts for their own uses. The only plot bonus folks can get is the Deluxe Edition and itā€™s 10% Plot Bonus, Perhaps something that can offer some other level to help folks.

4 Likes

from my point of view, as small as i know about programming, coding developingā€¦
Monumental need to get all things related to gsme right? all apps, programs, toollls on which Boundless was made right? all libraries, codex, codes, assetts, templates, layouts, the game engine? TBs of datas? bwt iiiits not just copying files?they have to learn which part is mention for what in game? how they all are connected to work? all those generators etc?

im happy we still can play, that game isnt closed for year/s for complete transition

hiring new dev team - they need time to learn how Boundless was made and howe it work and what they can change to keep it working without fatal errors? :smiley: but first - they need to play abit to look how it works from our side? for sure itll be fun playing hand in hand with DEVs :smiley:

what do you think? 1 year after theyll complete Dev Team? we want to know when theyll be ready for playing and talking with us :slight_smile: we still have official Boundless discord

please keep us updated :smiley: even 1 small post every week at special ā€œmonday word from DEVā€ forum topic? :smiley:

have a nice day all :smiley:

7 Likes

they should hire wonderstruck heard they catch up pretty fast :grinning:

7 Likes

:rofl:

indeed

I remember monty saying he would love to get the entire original team on board but they have other commitments and he found it hard to pry them away from their current shackles :wink:

2 Likes

Every month we get a little closer to having everything switched over. Itā€™s not stalled, it just takes time.

16 Likes

The transition to Monumental started after the announcement that we purchased the game.

14 Likes

People like myself are pretty patient. But some on here need the attention of periodic updates.
The fact that youā€™re going to breathe new life into the game is good enough for me! :+1:

10 Likes

Iā€™m not worried about periodic updates - Iā€™m just a busy body and interested in what is actually involved in transitioning a game from one developer to another. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I commend your mastery of the subtle art of understatement.

9 Likes

As long as they will tell us what they are going to do.

The community needs to know at some point what will happen.

Some people leave the game because they donā€™t want to invest more time in a game that to them has no future since they donā€™t get updates.

I am patient though, donā€™t get me wrong. Having way too much fun playing this game.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve cut back my time in game. Iā€™m on couple hours a week, mostly on the weekends.

1 Like

Can me someone explain why a transition need 1 year? Need the not only the gamecode and acces to the Servers?
I have no idea from this stuff :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

From my time working at a gaming company some years ago I know that there are many steps involved in taking over a game. Of course I do not know the details here but a rough list of things that need to be done:

• Burocratics to merge from Wonderstruck into Monumental (copyrights, intelectual property, brands. Was never part of these things)
  • Taking over all accounts (Amazon hosting, shopify shop, website, forum, domains and so on)
  • Game is on Steam and Playstation which requires talking to those providers and maybe learn how that all works. Appears to be done. Both list Monumantal already.
  • Learn the build process to release patches. Especially for Playstation this is more complicated. I only know this from app stores but that was complicated too.
  • When there are licenses involved for software, assets, ā€¦ also hand those over
  • Understand the game code to see what skills will be required in the future
  • Integrate code into existing source code management
  • Adapt monitoring and internal messaging processes into your company workflows so that they know what is going on in Boundless
  • When that is all done start to plan in detail the next steps like the focus on new player experience
  • Hire required people at some point
  • Finally start on first patch when everything else is ready

There are likely more things but that is what I could think of

10 Likes

Legal stuff also works on schedules. And since lawyers are not cheap, you want to make sure everyone is on the same page, which requires a lot of back and forth communication between the companies and planning

I just had to deal with some basic probate stuff that each communication with the lawyer would add an extra couple of weeks wait (lawyers are busy) to the resolution of the issue

Filings take time as well, any interaction with the courts goes off their schedules

Acquisitions can also require waiting periods/public notices with a set amount of time to allow people to claim interest or dispute the acquisition

Even the basic LLC stuff for the business I own is time consuming, and I make sure all my paperwork and questions and needs are known before I go visit the lawyer or accountant or it takes even more time (if I forget something, I have to schedule another appointment)

7 Likes

A year is if weā€™re ahead of schedule, it could take longer, especially with games that have different licenses, copyrights, trademarks, and agreements with other companies.

19 Likes

right, there is a 3rd side of this game - a publisher :slight_smile:

Dear Monumental Team - take all time you need :slight_smile: real game fans are patient as stones, we can wait years to see our game shine again with stronger light that can spread curiosity among gamers all over the world

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us know about these extra hurdles that you have to cross. I hope that things go smooth for you. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Lorgar, @zakon, and @Tiggs. Thatā€™s really interesting to know, though I assume itā€™s fairly annoying to have to do.

2 Likes

I always wonder how there gonna transition servers from one country to another are we gonna have that day/week/month they have to unplug it to get it to there studio
(No Boundless for a bit (O.O))

2 Likes