More Female character models, please?

yes, higher voices for the female models would be a nice addition and I am sure @jesshyland is working on it for us! :purple_heart:

WOW, I never realized my post would spark such a big debate about gender! I still cringe everytime I remember this whole “politically correct” nonsense that has exploded in the world :confounded: (or is it more in the US?) I would love a male, female and “other” races, but that is a lot of work for the Devs. What ever you implement into the game will be super awesome! Thank you @jesshyland and all the Devs for all your work on the characters and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

:peace_symbol::purple_heart::boundless:

5 Likes

Well, it isn’t nonsense is it. People thinking it’s nonsense is the whole issue. The point of it is not to be offensive to people, such as transgender people, who have been suffering major disrespect.

1 Like

It’s a very divisive topic. I think the community in Boundless is one of the best I have encountered in gaming and there is really no need to bring our political opinions into it.

3 Likes

Funny, I took that as meaning of “planet of origin” (Earth, Venus, Mars, the second planet of Gliese 581c) not some disguised dig at gender roles, non-binary or otherwise. This “quorum of 1” thing on what’s -phobic is a bit presumptuous, isn’t it?

One other thing: taking the ■■■■ out of the paying customers isn’t always the best business policy, particularly when you don’t even know them.

It did, but as Jess said, all jokes about assuming someone’s X are based from the assuming gender jokes, which are offensive, and make fun of, transgender people. That is a fact, and not an assumption. Even if unintentional, that is still the origin of these jokes and they, therefore, should not be used.

4 Likes

Jen suggested for more “female” character options or what she perceives as female demonstrated by the smaller character model screenshot. I haven’t seen ANY supporting comments to provide some possibilities on how the devs can add this.

In my opinion by Jess’s response I can only assume some character models were intended with feminine features but ultimately is for your imagination/opinion to decide.

As far as Jen’s post, READ what is says. She wants additional comestic options to make her character more interesting as ONLY the bigger character models were included with head gear, amor, and weird glowing things. What are some good options/suggestions that can translated into a feminine model to satisfy Jen’s post instead of the off topic stuff that has come up.

@Jenndragonfly
My suggestion would be more character colors. As far as bling, possibly amor with colors like yellow, pink, purple. Maybe something like hair, like the dreadlocks character I’ve seen in the steam fan art. Or the hair styles below that I stole from the steam page.

2 Likes

I might get tons of hate for this. But it does apply to this thread and talked about still, and relative. Below is what neutral/keep it to yourself looks like.

If individuals want a non gender type, a female type or a male type character, freely ask for it. The only comments after that would be dev’s response or other people claiming what they would like for themselves as well. NO WHERE is it even appropriate to even make comments if it was good or bad that someone asked for a fixed gender, or non-fixed gender. At the same time no-one should make negative comments about any ones personal life choices either.

Already confirmed they are making more choices. Hope everyone can identify with something. Because in the end, no company or game is responsible for making anything identify with anything outside of what life already has provided if they so choose to even go that far. None of us can say said entity is wrong or politically incorrect for making those decisions. So none of us here can put another down for asking for something.

3 Likes

The smaller models currently in game are and were originally intended to be female variations.

2 Likes