More than 3 characters

Have you ever taken part in a meteor hunt?

Yes :smiley:
I started playing one week ago and i died once (the meteor hit me right in the face!!)

I doubt that you have, as you would know death penalty is pretty much mandatory or you would have nothing but broken gearā€¦
death penalty reduction is definitely NOT optionalā€¦

I come from games that when you die, your dead, game over. I am new to the MMORPG but anyway i donā€™t like the death penalty skill it is too overpowered right now It just make healers less important. You can have 100% protection in low level worlds but this protection should be removed on higher level planets. Take your risk!!
The death should just remove you the bonus of a food? no no too easy! Like this you just die and die and die, without using anything and you will be ok. People just grind for that skill, if it is like this i think that Death Penality skill should be implemented as a buff instead of a skill.
Hunting I think it is the best way to exp, also easy to get gems.
Why would you pass 2h in a mine hoping you will find a lot of amethyst, just go hunt meteors and you will know for sure you will get all types of gemsā€¦ With meteors you get a ton of experience.
I leveled up so quickly by hunting only!!! 1000 xp for killing the flying squid, really? And you get only 4 xp when you mine a block.
If someone wants to grind lvl 5 meteors, make a good team, tanks, dps, healers ecc, and go hunt, knowing you will have a bit of stress by doing it because it will be way riskier but without death penaltyā€¦ probably 25% on death is too high, anyway we can think about this.
It took me tons of time to get from level 1 to 10 by doing mining, crafting and buildingā€¦
Than I got lvl 30 by hunting in one day!!!
Would you exp by hunting or by mining, crafting, building, trading ecc???
Right now, hunting is too easy, and it cuts off the other professions, and I think everyone can access hunting, even the inexperienced players like me, just because of the Death Penalty skill.
Free :tickets::tickets::tickets: to level 50+
A sapphire costs only 400, a block of ice 2ā€¦ā€¦ What???
I can mine the block of ice with a totem, would I kill a mob with a totem? Why not killing it with my Sapphire weapon on my fresh lvl 15 character!! Now I can go from zero to hero in 3 days. And someone want more characters, this is the reason I think only 1 character should be allowed.

Conclusions:
-Nerf the mobs xp reward.
-Nerf the Death Penalty Skill, or make it permanent on low level worlds only, players will take it anyway. 100% is too much on past lvl 3 worlds.
+Buff the rare drops on higher level mobs.
+Buff mining, building, crafting XP reward.
+Buff plots number.

3 Likes

Iā€™d prefer to do away with the death penalty reduction altogether personally. You donā€™t git gud by it only being a minor inconvenience if you die.

4 Likes

If the death penalty skill was removed then Iā€™d probably go find another game to play ā€¦ having everything in my inventory destroyed wouldnā€™t encourage me to continue, it would have the opposite effect for me. I donā€™t really go on community hunts due to work etc so mining for gems is pretty much my main way of getting them. Iā€™m quite happy to gain experience points at a steady pace as Iā€™m in no rush.

5 Likes

Or even have the death penalty affect something other than tool decay. Even a simple debuff for a while might be better in my opinion.

I just know from experience when youā€™re new and youā€™re given a shiny tool from a veteran, it really hurts when you die and that tool decays so much, especially when you try and use that tool sparingly.

That being said, I also donā€™t see it as a major issue, if it is even an issue.

1 Like

So there are a lot of good points made hereā€¦

Currently the reason there are no healers if you will is because healing is VERY brokenā€¦
Healing is the most effective way to generate threatā€¦ If you are healing in a meteor you should be the tank as he is the one using a shielding Pie and trying to keep agroā€¦

Your right everyone else can die without much penalty if there not using foodā€¦ And they donā€™t have to use food this is also true because if they do use food like for instance a Critical Pie they will drag agro off the tankā€¦ Sorta like the issue with healingā€¦

However as long as mobs can push you ONE TILE into a block and cause 16,000 damage to you a Tank with full armor and a shielding pieā€¦ And instantly kill youā€¦ Well the death penalty reduction becomes a very needed skill to band aid some serious problemsā€¦

If they fixed the whole death bye physically being pushed into non movable object issue then I would start to be on board with making the death penalty reduction not be 100% However I would not be on board with taking it out completelyā€¦

As for your assumption that Hunting is the end all be all only way to level its about 60% correctā€¦ Hunting is a very strong way to levelā€¦

But its not the only pathā€¦ However another effective path is not one found bye many new players as it requires more advances knowledge of the gameā€¦

Combine a Teaching Pie with Bomb Mining and you can Rack up a lot of xp and WAY more Gems then you can get bye hunting!!!

Note 1-30 is easier then 30-50
if you go into a hunt as a lvl 20-24 player with teaching Pies you can gain 8 levels on a good 2 hour huntā€¦
going from 28-32 with a teaching pie on the next huntā€¦
32-35 on the following hunt
35-37 on the next oneā€¦
2 lvls is pretty standard till around lvl 46 and then your happy to get 1 level per huntā€¦

So yes Hunting is fast xp but its not as Zero to Hero as you thinkā€¦ Keep on hunting its a good way to progress in the game but you will discover that the xp needed to level up does follow a curveā€¦ I would not mind that curve be stiffened up a bit BUTā€¦

Stiffening up that curve because of hunting then makes the game harder for all the other people who may not want to take part in the community and they want to be a solo player making hay the harder way as you pointed outā€¦

3 Likes

I totally agree on this! I have two accounts too. Unfortunately my second account doesnā€™t share my mains supporter perks.

1 Like

Healing is great! (Kinda off topic but oh well) you can end up getting a tonne of xp, and youā€™re being helpful. So, I guess if the threat thing changes it would be better, but I use healing bombs from time to time in the hunts and love them.

2 Likes

See I donā€™t like that habbit, when you split them up literal restarts you get issues. :confused: I did my crafter first but led to me doing a hybrid as a hunter and gather then finished it all off on the other two.

i belive that is normal, i also my crafter growed as hybrid hunter, around lvl 38-40 i respecced it to pure crafterā€¦
the hunter character was an hybrid with explorer-gatherer up to lvl 35 then respecced to pure hunter
in the last few days i ve done the new 3th character, it will be the underground and surface gatherer, but will be hybrid hunter till a certain lvl (and will probably be an hybrid character anyway)

so yes, you are rightā€¦ but then once you have characters specialized in getting all the materials needed to craft, the crafter will start to do exp just crafting

1 Like

Hunter/Gatherer/Crafter/Builder/Healer
5 chars

Video games are about enjoyment and fun, not -need-

1 Like

Define need.

Personally, for me to enjoy a game I need goals. I like games that allow me to create goals and work towards them. It gives me a sense of satisfaction. If I donā€™t have goals I end up just standing in one spot doing nothing and getting bored of the game.

So I guess I donā€™t quite understand what you mean by ā€œneedā€ because if you are referring to need as being different from enjoyment and fun then Iā€™d have to disagree in terms of my own play style as need is what drives me at the very least.

1 Like

Gatherer/miner/builder all on my main.
Pure hunter -tank(alt)
Pure crafter(alt)

Who needs more than 3 toons :rofl:

(I did remove death penalty from my main and hunter as a test, successful on my hunter but I am careless on my main but not impossible)

4 Likes

nah Obrajo, donā€™t take me wrong when i say you have to increase your gameā€™s knowledgeā€¦

it is absolutely as @Rumplypigskin said

builder skills are really few (chiselā€™s skills), decorative blocks are done by the crafter

healer as it is now just use the bomb skill (same as the mining bomb tecnique that will use a gatherer, or a trapper during huntsā€¦) and anyway you donā€™t need any skills to heal yourself with copper bombsā€¦

probably i have over-specified things, but donā€™t worry, most of people are able to cover everything they enjoy to do with 2 chars :stuck_out_tongue: plus you have 3 total reset skills a week and a cleanse point every levelā€¦

when the new skill set will be released we will have more to say, as it is now you have 3 chars and a lot of flexibilityā€¦

I feel like peoples like to rush on everything but never take in consideration that if you level a character up to lvl 50 you will have 1500 skill points to distribute and litterally infinite number of plotsā€¦ on my main i have 837 plots right now (only 238 used)ā€¦ on the secondary lvl 45, i have 337 plots (only 164 used)ā€¦

1 Like

It seems like thereā€™s an awful lot of resistance to a simple idea that would make me happy and not really negatively impact anyone else.

Why is that?

I mean, itā€™s not like youā€™d be required to use 4 or 5 characters if you were given the option and no one loses out if we do get more than 3 characters so whatā€™s the big deal?

I want more than 3 characters because itā€™s fun, nothing more complicated than that. Itā€™s fun.

Iā€™m not against you wanting more characters. Iā€™m really on the fence about that. I simply asked you what you meant by need because I didnā€™t feel it was a solid argument on the surface, so I was trying to dig deeper to see if you perhaps meant something else when you used that term.

Anyway, please remember, every change, even minor, has the potential to affect everyone. I can understand that we all want the game to be ideal for us, but the reality is thereā€™s more than just us. :wink: I see it all the time in the gaming world. People want the game to be exactly what they envision; yet, how many different envisions of the game does that create in the end when there are hundreds, eventually thousands, of us. :wink:

2 Likes

I would just wait to see how the alts/skills are reworked when they are, because this could really change things. Then, if you still believe the game is hindering you from having fun, suggest a rework to that system.
The reason I say this is because at the moment this is a system that will soon change anyway, and suggesting improvements probably wonā€™t alter anything until the new system is in place.

4 Likes

Iā€™m excited for the new system. When is it coming out?

Sure, I agree that itā€™s not all about one person - but the availability of having more than 3 characters would be optional. If someone doesnā€™t want more than 3 chars then they donā€™t have to make more than 3 chars. But there being more than 3 gives them a choice. And who doesnā€™t like having the right to choose for themselves how they want to play?

What youā€™re saying is exactly what Iā€™m trying to promote - let players have more choice. Having more than 3 chars available will allow every player in the game to make that choice for themselves - play 3 or play more?

Well, the skill overhaul is apparently the next update. Idk whether the alt overhaul will come with that or not.

@Obrajo what we are tryng to say is: connect the dots :stuck_out_tongue:

step 1: right now and with the actual skills set, you may already cover all the given possibilities with 3 chars of around lvl 35-40, (the cap is 50); the real only ā€œlimitationā€ is given if you wish to get a 4th hybrid character, wich you can get anytime you want with a skill-reset.

step 2: right now and with the actual system, you can add any of your character to the same beacon and give all the permissions to the other characters of your account; the result is that you can gather and produce any kind of items&blocks without the need of other players, without the need to ā€œpartecipate in the economyā€ in any given way; why is that so important? because this is an MMO and not a single player gameā€¦

step 3: right now and with the actual situation, we are testers and there are no reasons to let you spread your time with 4, 5 or 6 characters to test low-level things&situations that are already tested over and over by everybody and that you can test in any moment simply by deleting a character.

It is absolutely not ā€œresistanceā€ to a simple ideaā€¦ as @silentunion said:

Than there is also another point of view: in games where you can have a big quantity of characters you also have a far bigger skill tree and you will not be able to cover of all them in any case: 4 character slots? 8 professions! - 6 character slots? 8 professions plus 2 advanced evolutions each one etc. etc.

[EDIT: I just feel the need to explicit that this is a community spread worldwide, we all use english to communicate but itā€™s not the native language for all of usā€¦ it happens often that some of us express concepts in a raw way, because of that i understood iā€™ve been perceived as a ā€œrudeā€ person, but iā€™m not! i simply miss a fluent/rich/natural vocabulary and ways to express myselfā€¦ so i normally choose the most clear and direct, but behind that i love you all; thatā€™s all! :heart: ]

1 Like