My Boundless Journey

Hey Everyone :slight_smile: I’ve been wanting to make this post for awhile now. I hoped to have my current build finished before posting but I’m not sure I’ll ever get to the end lol.
Some of you know me in game and know that I’ve been a bit obsessed with castles and unicorns. 5 castles, 1 unicorn and many projects in between since starting boundless January of last year. I’ve made some great friends. I’ve lost some great friends. I started out on Beckon, found my home on Trior, later moved to Gellis, then to my sovereign Shangri La and somehow found my way back to the only place that felt right, Trior. It’s been a roller coaster. It’s been heaven and hell and all the things in between but this game has been and will always be very special to me. Thanks to the community and Devs for this amazing game because without you we wouldn’t be here. I love you all for reals! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What’s your boundless story?

34 Likes

That is a wonderful journey! The beauty of a game like boundless is that it doesn’t end. If your imagination is endless, you will be building and making new beautiful dreams.

4 Likes

I’m obsessed with :large_blue_circle: s and :cookie: s lol

3 Likes

Thanks @Mittekemuis! There’s a lot of Beauty to this game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Circles and cookies eh? Ima sucker for peanut butter cookies lol. Especially homemade ones :yum:

3 Likes

This right here is why I’m proud you joined Reapers. You’re an amazing builder and an even better person. I love checking out what you’re working on. Always blowing my mind. Keep up the great work. :raised_hands::raised_hands::+1::beers:

5 Likes

Your builds are so gorgeous, pure eye candy!! :heart_eyes: Totally in love with them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And yep, the game is just so, so special - and you all, the wonderful community, has made it what it is for me. :slight_smile: My own story involves a very inauspicious start - throwing together the worst eyesore in the Oortiverse on Alder out of whatever blocks I found so I could get going and see what is out there. :rofl: From those (very) humble beginnings, well, I did progress a bit, haha… and made several moves. And ended up purchasing a veritable galaxy of planets. :flushed: But through it all, the best memories are with the friends I’ve made, and the impromptu moments in the game encountering others that occasionally turned into some of the best laughs and smiles I’ve had in recent years!

3 Likes

Thanks so much George I really appreciate that :slight_smile: I am very proud to be a reaper! You have inspired me so much! Your kindness and your amazing talent as an artist in and out of game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Paka for sharing :slight_smile: Would love to see more of this oortiverse?! Do you have any pictures?

Love your Alcyon network btw! Thanks for keeping them up and going for the community. Amazing job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate it!! :smiley: By Oortiverse, just meant the whole of existence in Boundless then - I undoubtedly created the biggest eyesore in it when I put my first shack together. :rofl: I went in totally blind, when I did that I didn’t realize there might be people nearby (luckily there weren’t, at that time) who might not appreciate my devaluing of the neighborhood property by putting up an F for Effort monstrosity by their carefully planned beautiful builds, haha.

3 Likes

I love hearing stories like this. I am a big lover of history. I even considered starting a sort of online journal for Boundless back when I started in January but I think I am going to start that up again.

I have run into Shadykatt quite a few times granted not many people know I am AzureHunter/Redbound in game… as I tell most people I may have a bit of name confusion or something.

@bucfanpaka I love your current network of worlds to mine and gather. While you might not have had the most epic of beginnings, your current hub for your worlds is awesome!!! Not to mention the work you have done on world creating being invaluable.

2 Likes

Thank you, that makes me really happy to hear!! :blush:

For history, I have my first set of screenshots here from first starting out then wandering around… what really captured me with this game once I started wandering out was the combination of the atmosphere of the worlds and the cool stuff people had already built! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything unicorns is just absolutely fabulous with me :heart: Hope to see you in the cult… I mean Permadeath community soon!

1 Like

Oh haha :see_no_evil: I thought it was a city, silly me lol!

I love seeing old builds and cities from the games early stages. The atmosphere in that 3rd screenshot is absolutely amazing too. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

So lovely! :heart_eyes: yeah Gellis… a very empty spot in the boundless universe :stuck_out_tongue: I stumbled upon your settlement on trior back then due to some deal, just had a short look and found it very beautiful, I said to myself, I will come back later when I have more time, meanwhile told my family about your nice place and they had a look too, (peeked a bit on their screen too btw) and before I got time to look myself, your settlement was gone :dizzy_face: :frowning: :pleading_face: thats how you got to know sixcents (my mom) as she were asking what happened :sweat_smile: and You got the invite to live on Gellis, being free or attaching to our settlement for more footfall :slight_smile: I’m happy You didn’t give up and continuing to amaze us with Your gorgeous buildings!

3 Likes

That’s a fantastic idea! Too many stories untold, so many pictures lost in old threads etc.

1 Like

That was exactly my style! Or kinda is still… I made the best out of the blocks I farmed and got cheap or for free on DK Mall :slight_smile: that’s how my overly colorful eye cancer came to life :woman_shrugging: :joy:

2 Likes

Oooo yesss! Sorry about that. At least you can come back and visit. A lot there you all would like I think :slight_smile: No more moving for me I’ve found my way at last. Hope to see you in game soon

4 Likes

Haha. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m currently not very active in game, but I will have a look when I’m back on! My family won’t come back to the game I guess. They let go of their settlement and weren’t on in a while. So yeah its good You found back to Trior, Gellis just got emptier

2 Likes