My color storage build, a journey

I am so glad people like it. Was a ton of work but worth it. Still a lot to do but I am taking a little break. Lol.

5 Likes

Congrats @Naeah!
Looks to be a great achievement, will definitely add it to my ToVisit list :slight_smile:
I have a question though, do you actualy use it as a storage, or more like a museum?
I imagine it’s pretty hard to keep stocking blocks for that amount of diversity. Or, you have a huge stock for each color?

Well, for bricks and marble the stock is always high. However, I only stock the colors that can be found as meta, for the most part. If you’re looking for something that has to be chiseled, I carry minimum stock of only a few colors. The other stuff is mostly what I have an excess of. I plan to start at black and work my way around adding different things. Yes, I actually use it for storage though.

3 Likes

Part 16

Well, I decided to take a little break from the shop building and instead of chiseling in there…

…I decided I needed EVEN MORE chiseling and put up a fence around my workshop. Then I realized how awfuly plain the workshop looked…

…and decided I needed to do something about that as well. So I added a little something, needs more but this is good enough for the next year or so.

OH and I can’t forget my “walkityourselfevator”…

I also decided that since I was fixing up the outside, perhaps I should finally finish the floor on my second floor area of the workshop. Not quite done yet but is more than I had this morning.

Finally, I decided to look and see what my shop looks like with BUTT…

That’s a lot of work right there!! It doesn’t even include the marbles/bricks that are special colors and more expensive.

I know a couple of people have commented that they would like a youtube version or walkthrough BUT I am just not that talented and have no idea of where to even start. This makes that a very unlikely happening. I do hope you will continue to stop in and see what I am up to though!!
For now…

To be continued…

12 Likes

Visited for the first time earlier this week, and WOW!! Huge amount of work for sure! :heart: Very easy to navigate and find colors. Awesomeness!

2 Likes

Part 17

Well, I hate hate hate to say it BUT Naecessities is undergoing ANOTHER transformation. I found that having everything in different areas like that just makes it too big. Imagine having an empty stand and checking 255 ROOMS. So…I am currently in the midst of creating a more specialized shop for bricks and marble.

I think that this will be a little easier and I realized that I might even have space enough to offer shop space to others. Of course, this is a little while down the road but a little mini mall should be on the horizon.

So far I quite like how it is turning out. I decided to get around the original issue of having to move things around every time a new color was opened by adding stands for all of them now. So even if it is not an available color you will be able to, at least, see how the color looks. Also, we have access to all colors for spray paint so this may help people to make decisions on their color choices. As it stands, I have all the bricks and marble in one spot.

So Ideally, a color will look like this…

But may look a little more like this…

I think this will also help me to know which colors I need still.

Nothing like a little trial and error to add to the work load. xD SO, if you decide to come and visit don’t forget that your color may have been moved already and you will find it…

…here.

As always, for now…

To be continued…

10 Likes

Part 18

Well, I have the new shop almost complete, just waiting on some signs to finish. I really like how it looks, for the most part. Had to go through a few different itterations before I settled on something though.

I started with some pillars, but it was decided that they took up too much space.

Then I decided on some trees with a couple of different trunks, but I didn’t really care for that and a guildie just confirmed my fears. So I was stuck for while, finished moving some marble and bricks over while I thought about it.

Got all the way to the end and finally decided on…

…little gardens. I am terrible with terrain type stuff, it never looks as random as I want it to. But, I quite like these and I think they look like nice little respites. THEN I had to decide on what to do in the middle, because I made it too big…

Have to have something to fill the white space, right? So I did this little water feature.

To go with this one…

And then I changed it AGAIN…after I posted this even. I am not sure why I can’t seem to get away from the pillars but…here they are again. AND I AM NOT CHANGING IT AGAIN!!

In the end, I am pretty happy with how things turned out. Compared to how some people build, my stuff is totally elementary, but I am learning more complicated things and am happy with this.

HOWEVER, this set up REALLY shows me how much more I need to do. Lol. Lots of full stands, but lots of empty ones too. Anyone wanna fill my clay, ash, and mud storage? :smiley: For now…

To be continued…

8 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot to share that I made the change to my halloween colors. Thanks to @georgegroeg for the epicness that is skelebones!!

7 Likes

Part 19

I have actually been pretty busy. After finishing up the brick and marble shop, I had to farm the stuff to add more. Of course!! So new colors to the brick shop are:

Sedimentary:
Stale cerulean, Night berry, Cold Berry, Luminous taupe, Dark berry

Metamorphic:
Pale moss, Stale berry, Dark berry

Igneous:
Dark berry

Would have been more, but I ran out of clay. Which leads me to my next update. A few people have asked about donating extra clay, ash, and mud. Sooo I have put out a few request baskets. One is donation and the other is for coin.

Not much in the coin baskets at the moment, since I spent too much building everything recently. Oh and buying shovels. Lol.

I have also managed to start the new sand and gravel store.

Have gotten to the point of putting things in the stands but it is still mostly empty.

Once I get all of that moved, I am not really sure what I will do next. Perhaps the smaller shops for people to use and officially move up to a mini mall.

For now, though, I need to stop procrastinating my homework and say…

To be continued…

9 Likes

Part 20

So, I saw a comment this week, someone said “…when my friends say what does Boundless have that Minecraft doesn’t, I don’t know what to say…” How do we justify recommending a game that hasn’t been updated in over 2 years? Why do we keep coming back? And to that, I say…

…I come for the hunts.

I come for the views, that regardless of the voxels, make me smile. This must be good because not even No Man’s Sky can hold a candle.

I come for the EPIC builds that people put SO much thought and effort into. No, I am NOT EVEN TOUCHING The Reapers…I could take a thousand screenshots and never do them justice.

And…lastly…but certainly not least…

Yes, there is someone in that window waving at me. Wave to Nandor yall!!

…and then there are these people, who I have never met before. They came to stand for my screenshot just because I asked.

Of course, we can’t forget the biggest show of community. When someone who went out of their way to make people feel welcome even on days when she wasn’t feeling welcome herself. Even on days when she didn’t know if she could take another. I didn’t know her well, but she helped me when I was lost. She answered many questions and did so with grace.

(Screenshot credit to @bucfanpaka)

We come together and help when we can. We even hold each others hands (however virtually) when things are tough. I have seen random strangers offer to pay for gleamclub for someone whose computer broke. SO, that is what Boundless has that Minecraft never will.

It has all of you!!

Okay, sappiness over…for now…

To be continued…

22 Likes

I’m loving these stories! It’s all little things, that add up to make this game special… like posts like this! Thank you for sharing your journey! :hugs:

6 Likes

Part 21

Well, I have actually accomplished a lot this last week. I finished the sand store, built another store. This one holds all of my misc stuff that I want to buy or sell.

Sometimes both… :smiley:

I also added so many bricks I didn’t want to list them all. You will just have to come visit to see!! AND there is TWO new chiseled marbles.

Luminous Slate AND Crisp Yellow. If you know me at all, you know this is a feat. I hate chiseling and that’s why most of what is available can be found somewhere in meta. Lol. These two colors though, you must see them, they are pretty great. (More yellow will be added in the morning.)

I did some more hunting too, this time with Hazard. (Not sure of his forum name.) Just look at those screenshots. Awesome.

I have also been working on a super top secret build that you all will find out about tomorrow. I am super excited to share it!!

But for now…

To be continued…

12 Likes

Part 22

So, the super top secret news…

Because Paka is leaving the game, her planets will expire. Eventually, her portals will close and we will no longer have access to these awesome resources. However, I was able to save two of these planets. I have taken over Hyrule and Heartbreak so that we may continue her legacy in at least one manner!!

The super top secret build is the new Hyrule hub and two diamond mines. The hub and available mines will, likely, evolve to contain more and more over time. I hope you all enjoy them, along with Tarlin, Doq 'ej SuD, and Heartbreak!!

I am not sure, yet, when the new Heartbreak stuff will be ready. But for now we, at least, have Hyrule. I encourage you to make the most of what remains of Paka’s builds. When the sad time comes, we can start using what I have put together.

I actually have more super top secret news…but you will have to wait until the 4th for that. :smiley:

And so, for now…

To be continued…

18 Likes

@Naeah you are super awesome :sunglasses:

Kinda new that before from my shopping at your brick shop, but now you deserve extra level of awesomeness in my head at least :grin:

2 Likes

Glad to see the planets continue, granted rolling new ones would have worked just as well.

1 Like

Sure, if you knew exactly what biomes Paka had for such epicness, rolling new ones would have been the perfect solution.

3 Likes

Paka is wonderful and her planets too.

Rolling planets is an art form (and quite a bit of luck). If you need a planet for something in particular let me know Paka and I have talked in depth on planets and biomes for nearly 2 years. While I haven’t rolled near as many as Paka or Soju … I have rolled more than my fair share :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’ll roll a new one today and shoot for a high count of one of the gems.

2 Likes

Thanks, I think I am all set. I have Tarlin for saph, Doq 'ej SuD for amethyst, Heartbreak for ruby and Hyrule for diamond. :smiley:

1 Like

Visited them all today. Thanks for all you do. Now if I can get Boundless Info to work for the resource list so I can compare a new roll to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I also have an epic mud planet…been meaning to put out a farm and a portal but just haven’t found the time.

1 Like