My exoworlds atlases are gone

So yeah, not the most pleasant experience. I explored every exoworld, made 16 stacks of each world and now they are all gone, why would it happen? I really wanted to have a collection of exoworlds…

Honestly this is a big letdown.

2 Likes

This was brought up multiple times. The answer was always, they will disappear. This shouldn’t be a surprise. Sorry about your inventory

2 Likes

They’re not gone, they’re just ready for the next set of worlds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen it honestly. The reasoning makes sense. Perhaps we could have a new craftable item, call it a globe :earth_americas:, so that we can archive the planets for historical reference. @Gorillastomp has already taken an effort to do this on the forums but it would be cool/neat/more meaningful to do on game. Some of the museums in games would have a real draw if we were able to archive items like that of things that no longer exist.

5 Likes

I believe the devs said many times that the atlases wouldn’t remain once the worlds were gone. There was a lot of discussion about it before the Exos appeared. We’ll have to look back at screenshots and videos to remember them.

I wonder what Exos will arrive now and when? Or rental planets :earth_asia:

4 Likes

The devs stated that the „cost“ to maintain them would be too „high“ for what it is „worth“.

3 Likes

Also said it would require a new system to be put in place iirc as well.

A lot of development and cost that would be spent better elsewhere imo

1 Like

This is nowhere close to real implementation and it’s asking for a lot but let’s just suppose…

if(someServer.worldExists(id)) {
    return server.atlasData(worldId)
} else {
    return server.cachedAlasData(worldId);
}

that IF atlas data is an object containing world image and all other stuff required for atlas to work on client side, then world on self destruction could cache it’s data.

The atlases draw their info from the planet server so it shows the planet live or close to live. No planet, no server for the atlas to get information from.

That’s still server costs for them to maintain that part and a new system to be put in place.

This is the post from James. It is unfortunate because I wanted to collect them as well but it makes sense if these are going to be going and coming for the life of the game

Well yeah, I totally get it, still this is disappointing coz making exoworlds collection could really be a major part of “explorer” gameplay/

2 Likes

So all the three exo worlds are gone now? Gotho, tantaroon and Vandar?

I don’t know how their atlas system works, but I am going to guess it was designed in such a way where this situation was not planned or expected, at all. and for them to fix it would mean they would have to redesign the base system or add more stuff on top of it that might break things.

ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ ᵐᵃʸ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ᵖᵒᵒʳˡʸ ᶜᵒᵈᵉᵈ ᵒʳ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳʷᶦˢᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉˣ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉˢˢ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵉᵍʳᵉᵉ

Otherwise I don’t really see how this is a hard situation to fix.

Yeah, they were temporary. There is still one exo visible but it will meet it’s fate soon. Over time other worlds will start to appear.

Yeah i just came back from Raken, i dont understand why the same enemy a cuttletrunk, during a meteor gets infinite armor when there is two left, destroyed a full health forged gem bow on two enemies. Not a scratch.

I think it may be a bug or something, same type of enemy spawned at half health meteor took them down with ease, last two, just armor repel after repel.