Roadmap: Special Exoworlds and Farming!

So this means we can’t have underground hydroponics… kind of a disappointment but understandable.

I guess this means plan b is in order. lol

Thanks for clearing that up.

At least I’m not crazy

Oh wow, didn’t know that!

*** Irrigated with PLACEABLE water ***

OH HELL YES

@james
I wonder if the EXO worlds will have levels? Or will they all be considered T7?

Will we need atmospheric protections?

Will they have a random mix of resources or will it be like the current planets, that have a few specific ores/gems/etc?

Can we make an atlas for them? If so, does the atlas disappear when they do? (I’m totally cool with it, if this is the case)

3 Likes

Exoworlds are temporary worlds that will join and leave the universe. They can be any level. (If they were only Level 7+, then many players wouldn’t be able to experience them.)

Level 7+ worlds (often called Special worlds) will require atmosphere protection. This is a gating system to make sure that you’re ready for the world.

Level 7+ worlds will have their own resource profiles. They do contains the special material blocks: rift, blink, etc.

Atlases do work on the Exoworlds. But when the exoworld leaves the universe then the atlas will reset. (This is mainly for technical reasons and trying to keep things simple for us.)

11 Likes

RIP atlas collectors who wanted to sell them after the planets were gone

3 Likes

You can sell them when they’re still around.

4 Likes

That much is true!

For me, the biggest concern for exoworlds is that having tier 7 worlds be time-gated will mean that unless you happen to mine there in the first day or 2, you’l miss out on getting the materials becuase the hotspots will already be cleaned out, having to wait potentially weeks for the next batch of worlds to spawn only to have it happen again.

Obviously if the planets were to change quickly enough (every few days) or if we had quite a few exoplants at a time, it would slow this down, but i believe its still something to be weary about

5 Likes

Would it be possible for someone to post the craft recipe for the advanced locks please?

If the planet is gone, then there would be no logical reason for the atlas to remain, right? :woman_shrugging:

I think they reset to blank

Have you decided how often they will spawn? How long will they last? Will they last the same amount of time? (ie: 24 hours until they expire)

2 Likes

I’d buy them. I like to collect! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks, I was expecting more to that recipe.

Sshussh … they forgot to add the advanced bonding agent, wax and shimmering orbs :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I figured ancient tech remnants lol

1 Like

If the resources are exhausted in the first day or 2 then we have the balance wrong.

It might take a few attempts to get it right.

We have some ideas - but it’s not final until it happens! (And not even then.) Let me flip it around…

Assuming we want 1 Exoworld per region initially, what do you think should be the cycling routine? How long should they last? How often should they be cycled? Should there be downtime? How would you balance it?

7 Likes

I think there should be some downtime (Somewhere between 1 to 3 days maybe) between the T7+ ones to try to create something that is not always around 100% of the time, however if the T7 world haves a chance of simply being replaced by lower level world, such that there are times where there are no T7+ worlds around due to them all cycling to low level worlds then no down time is needed.

4 Likes