My First impressions

yeah you welcome
aqua has a no rush rule
so you good here :smile:
not sure what ya talking about the past but welcome

2 Likes

Blockquote Public worlds - which are part of the main universe. You will pay for these, get to control a few safe things (like who may visit it and what level it is) but it is hosted by Wonderstruck and follows all the important rules of the rest of the galaxy - no hacks or exploits of any kind on these.

So someone decided to have a level three world and its got Red Gleam, now there is a private server that is linked to the main server group because he is following the rules and his lvl 3 planet is like Vulpto now you instantly have a leg up with a world that you dont let anyone visit but yet has red gleam…

this is just one example, of a list of issues that could arise from all these “unofficial” servers…

@Sulfurblade

this is from a developer

so ZERO private servers will be attached to the public game world :wink:

meaning that if i was to rent a level 3 planet with my own rules… it would not be able to join any other worlds apart from my own private ones that i have rented/bought :wink:

1 Like

I think these worlds will work like normal play - you land on a starting planet with all basic resources and so on and you only pay to have it closed to a chosen group of friends so you can build there the way you want. Then you work your way up to other worlds like others.

I can imagine that only starting worlds are available as those public reserved worlds OR if you can reserve a higher tier world, you still need to work your way up the progression until you can get to the higher tier world you hired.
Third option would be - you can only hire a world of a level lower or equal to the highest level you have travelled to and built on through normal play (so, that would work like unlocking tiers of worlds to hire).
Or maybe it will work like hiring a planetary system of 3-4 or more worlds to various levels and you make your progression through them in a normal way.

2 Likes

My understanding is yes there are private worlds as in yes, you can rent the world and make rules like who can visit and who can build on that planet. So, yes it is a private world as you rented it. However, if you have a private server rather than Wonderstruck hosting then you will never be able to connect to the Wonderstruck hosted worlds as they have no control then over that world and how you change it with mods etc. To allow a private server to connect to Wonderstruck servers would be inviting abuse as well as the general server security issues. So no, private servers will never connect. You create a character on a private server and that character, any other characters on that server and any items on that private server will never be part of the official game on any Wonderstruck hosted server. You can rent worlds though and if the general rules of public worlds are followed (some things as @james stated are allowed as rules) then the world can connect to other Wonderstruck hosted worlds. Some people seem to be mixing up “private server” vs. “private world” (aka “rented world”) that is hosted by Wonderstruck.

1 Like

If a private server follows the rules of the main server, and is one of the templates they provide, it will be connected.
(The world’s connected WILL be hosted by the devs)

People are getting confused and on steam.

There are two types of private world from what I can see being proposed. One that follows the rules and connects to the universe, and one that can be modded that doesn’t.

3 Likes

Right. The one that can be modded is not on an official server. It is a private world on a private server and not connected to the official servers or their planets (whether public planets on the official servers or “private” rented planets on the official servers). No modded planets or servers will be connected to the official servers and their planets.

1 Like

Just change the word “server” to “planet” and you are correct @willcrutchley . If it’s a private planet rented from Wonderstruck then it will be hosted on a Wonderstruck server. If it’s a private server then it will never be connected to the official Wonderstruck servers or their planets.

1 Like

Planets technically are servers aren’t they?.. :yum:

maybe you did not read my post above?

Which now makes the private server idea now 100% confusing… so devs, which one is it?

we will never allow any private server to connect… ever @lucadeltodecso or

we will allow connection as long as they meet 100% the same rule set as ours @james ?

Both of who are on the dev team O.o

I read it, you said that no private servers could be connected to the public universe, and I was saying that the official private servers can be.
Luca said no servers NOT hosted by them will be connected, but you can rent a private server which is hosted by them, and have it connected. So they both are agreeing.

oh i apologize… are you saying that only private server can connect to private server. + official to official?

or are you saying private >official as long as same rule set?

i get you now (time for a coffee i guess :confused: )

I’ll try to make it a bit clearer lol
If you rent a server from Wonderstruck, it will conform to the rules of the public servers, and as such will be able to be linked.
If, however, you host a server yourself, you won’t be able to link it to the public servers.
In terms of linking private servers, I’m not sure :yum:

1 Like

I really wanted him to give you random game trivia everytime you returned to the Sanctum.

8 Likes

private worlds in private server with your own rules, can be hosted by whomever you want and will not connect to official game server - wich is good if you want to let your children to play in theyr private world, or if you want to play just with you friends etc…

rented worlds are connected to the official game

private worlds differs from rented worlds

difference between property and possession is that you may have the property but not the possession of a world, for example when you own a home but you rent it to someonelse, the home is still your, but you have sold the use (possession) of it

in any case is something not yet implemented and neither has been completely defined, unless devs gives a clearer idea, wich is not an urgency right now to have it completely defined (my opinion)

2 Likes

I am just trying to decipher where your problems are. The tutorial ends when you complete your first objective after building your beacon. After that you are doing objectives and feats which are optional and should give you a bit of loose direction if you don’t know what to do, as this is a player and community driven MMO sandbox.

The skills are being reworked so the issues with not being able to use the machine if you can craft it should be resolved in future and the issue about fuel types should already be mentioned in the task description and contextual tips on the left of the screen. We intentionally don’t say or force you to use coal in the objective for that very reason.

There isn’t an objective about compacting fuel because that is up to the players to discover. We don’t have an objective for making every block in the game as that would end up being 100s if not 1000s. We can add it but where do we draw the line? Perhaps this is a where the tips could be use to better effect?

For compacted coal, there is a sensible progression in there. You use basic coal to generate spark to allow you to make compacted coal which is then used for better spark generation.

Just to be clear, this isn’t a nothing is going to change, of course not! We have new feats and objectives on the way for all the new features we’ve added but haven’t been able to tutorialise (new word), like engines, atlases, the upcoming forge and all the others I’ve missed. We need feedback like this to make sure we are explaining the game as best as we can with the tools we have and if we have missed anything it is useful to know why you think it should be a tutorial.

6 Likes

Do it!
Make it so!
Engage!

1 Like

"Yahbo! Welcome to Oortfacts! Did you know: Most people believe that eating the contents of a bowl of soup is all the nutrition they need- but not so for an Oortian! We consume the bowl for fiber, and the fork as a dense source of iron! That’s how we get the nutrients we need for shattering meter thick stone with nothing more than a wooden stick!

Would you like to know more? Subscribe to Oortfacts for more daily trivia!"

12 Likes

Also, oortians are the only known species who regularly eat soup with a fork!

8 Likes