My GC Experience

The update announcement on Steam said the tinting kit is intended for use on body paints and masks etc, and never intended to be used on blocks.

thats what i mean… i dont know how to use it on my character (i know its not about blokcs and about the character)

Not implemented yet, apparently :sweat_smile:

it is implemented, just found out you have to create a new character and there is an extra tab Advanced gleam club tinting in the menu

1 Like

The colors are the CSS colors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors, either using hex or by lower case name, eg :#ff0000:hello or :#red:hello.

1 Like

The emojis the list from Twitter emojis Twemoji entered by name :name: ,eg :smile: (same as here)

https://twitter.github.io/twemoji/preview.html

2 Likes

I think it would be nice if we could set a colour and then just chat with it. Like, type “#red” once and then chat in red.

5 Likes

You can as @michaelbsaid you can either find the code or type :#red:hello etc

Not what I mean …
I mean you type “#red”, click enter, and then all your next messages are red from then on.

6 Likes

Thats a really cool feature. I was already wondering what happens to you beacons when gleam club runs out.
But like this you can keep track.
Has the beacon fuel bar a different color when it’s gleam clubbed? Please say yes.

2 Likes

i have to double check but… i hate to say it i have not noticed

@willcrutchley you mean we have to type :#red: each time we chat?

I think this is just the first implementation, they have to improve on it as many things are tedious to use and I got the 3 month one haha

1 Like

was the beacon bar always pink?

@PharaohNai - i understand that and is it nnot better saying what we would prefer now… rather than wait for full implementation and then be told sorry we cant change that now?

Yes, I will wait, I always wait stuff out for a few weeks atleast before I voice my concerns, that’s why I haven’t yet posted my famous post about release :smiley:

2 Likes

but how would you feel (keeping on topic)

If you wanted a specific color/option list of the GC and the devs didn’t know because you didn’t ask… you waited and then say after 1.0 can we have this for the GC and the devs say no its too late… how would oyu feel knowing that if you voiced it earlier it would happen?

I see your point wait for things to happen before you decide if it needs changing but where do you draw the line there?

This was never a thing before, as far as i remember all gc stuff is new and still being implemented and was never there pre 1.0

1 Like

Yep, yep :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

we are still pre 1.0 but i get what you are saying… i just dont exactly agree :slight_smile: i would rather voice my concerns at a time when things can be done about it

@willcrutchley they deffiantely should allow it so the chat is constant on the color you choose until you change it

@Kirinvar there is your answer… no change to beacon/bar color

2 Likes

I can see the images but not the code I need to use. I found that many of the emotes that you can use here are also available on the chat.

ok so the emoji images in that link do not have the codes for it but simple is :.Heart: and etc = :heart:

:.smile: :smile:
:.sunglasses: :sunglasses:
:.hat: :tophat:

ETC it works on the same code as this forum and discord… and the color codes are easy, just look at the color chart in the link above and type :.#Aqua:hello how are you? = a kind of sky blue/green/teal

Although yo have to type the color code each time (it does not change the default color… it will always snap back to the white textafter)

of course do not include the . in the code tht was just to seperate it to show the example