My health and the future of Nova Golda Market

the game will not be the same without u T_T

3 Likes

Oh, how i could miss that thread? :open_mouth:

Just want to tell you: Stay strong and i wish you tons of time that you still have!
I hope you can enjoy your time, no matter how long you have. :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

Sending you safe hugs :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Perhaps a little update is in order I suppose.

Itā€™s not going very well, since a few weeks the pain has severely increased to levels that make it difficult to do things I still enjoy. Iā€™ve gotten more and different pain medication which can help for a bit but the pain goes straight thru it when I move just a little bit. Makes it hard to do much of anything except sit around. And even then if I am not on time with taking the next dose pain goes thru the roof. Suffice to say, not a happy camper at the moment.

I do hope they can find other ways to relieve the pain. I had noticed during the radiation treatment a while ago that the pain became less, so I suggested that perhaps 1 or 2 sessions a month might help to relieve pain. There are also more options which they are trying to decide on. One of them is blocking the specific nerves but the doctorā€™s protocols here in the Netherlands are very specific about rules with doing that for cancer. Like certain methods only for people who have less than 2 years to live. So if they are willing to do such a thing or not in near future I have my answer for how long they think I still got I suppose, sigh.

As for playing, well, it means Iā€™ve cut my playing times from like 14 hours a day to I think perhaps 4, some days even less. Gotta say gleambow helped a ton! The changes to the event really made it more a social event instead of against each other. Sure you could still do that but I liked the group sac hunts and also liked the augment hunts a lot!
Very well done @james and team for distracting me!

I have so many plans still but itā€™s hard to actually do them, at times I still react to things like I play like I used to, @HOST knows all about that, haha

Thankfully Iā€™ve also gotten the ok from the doctors to start using marijuana and that is helping me quite a bit. Tho it started to do a bit less since a few weeks when the pain got so worse but still it helps me a ton to get lost in things and I really need that.

I would love more gleambow like events! Even better would be something like it we can do year round, like dungeons or something like it with nice rewards and which can be done with a group! Also perhaps lots of items to make our own interactive content with would help a lot in this regard!

Iā€™m also still hoping Iā€™m gonna see my very own rental planet soon so I can build on there, hopefully it wonā€™t be too late (hint, hint, @James) and I have quite a few nice plans for it, even for the whole community!

And ehm, Iā€™m kinda ashamed to admit it, but since I canā€™t really walk all that far due to pain while moving (and due to a very bad physical condition lately!) I rarely get out of the house so I bit the bullet and asked for a mobility scooter thingy. Doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m not exactly thin anymore so people will probably judge the bejeebus out of me for sitting on a thing like that but it means I can go outside for once, enjoy the weather, do my own shopping again and go to the nearby city centre. Heck I miss a good burger! And fried fish, ohmy! :smiley:

So, mixed bag really. When I have moments of no pain Iā€™m doing somewhat ok (tho heavily sedated sadly, plus marijuana on top, lol), like now is the case, but I dread the moments I need to get up which can set the pain off in a big way. If they can find a nice way of making pain less without the sedation I might still be able to keep this up!

What is less fun, is that my family doctor needed to go thru some protocol. One of the tumours is next to a big blood vessel and it probably is going to puncture it some day, when that happens I should bleed out in mere minutes and be gone, but the protocol states I should have a way to help me deal with that for the small chance that somehow due to pressure in some places it might not go so fast, so I now have here a needle, a syringe and some ampules with stuff that will make me sleep (actual sleep, not an euphemism) so I wonā€™t notice the final minutes and due to not having a partner they expect me to inject that myself! Sure, I notice I am bleeding out and immediately go ā€œoh, right, letā€™s not think about am gonna die today, letā€™s just make a working needle from the 3 little boxes I have (needle, syringe and ampules) and inject myself!ā€, yeah right, I think I rather call my best friend or something. Still, he had to do it due to protocol stuff, but sjeesh, that was soooo not a fun conversation since it basically means Iā€™m a ticking time bomb, can happen in an hour or in 3 years, they donā€™t knowā€¦

Anyway, back to happier things, howā€™s everyone else doing? Any big plans to build nice things? What is it you lot are craving for the most (besides a yummy burger!)??

/wave

22 Likes

Sending hugs and best wishes your way, thinking of you!! :hugs:

Just was spending some time clearing space at a couple of my bases for more thingsā€¦ some Gleambow and exo storage, and maybe another decorative building at Gyosha in the plans. :slight_smile: You know this but Iā€™ll say it here too - mood took a nosedive again, in recent days really having trouble finding motivation to do anything besides sleep, but forcing myself to do stuff. Once I start playing, I DO feel better and it distracts me. Gleambow was an incredible distraction, so much fun, another big thanks to the devs for that! So grateful for my games, they really do keep me going at times. Probably switch over now today to collecting and crafting for some of the stuff Iā€™m going to needā€¦ filigree and various glass blocks.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t been a long time player but you have been a huge light in this community. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve actually met you in game yet but on the forums. I sure hope you find some peace and pain free moments. Iā€™m so happy for this game itā€™s been a good distraction for me and seems it has for you as well.
And if anyone judges you for being on a scooter just flip them off. They donā€™t know your story!

4 Likes

Need pictures for science

3 Likes

Lekkerbekjes:

Kibbeling:

Soooo good! :slight_smile:

I already have the scooter since Friday, but they still need to make some ramps so I can actually move it in and out of the shed in my gardenā€¦ Should be next week tho!

12 Likes

Honestly tho, I miss most things that are on this ā€˜webshopā€™:
https://www.vishandelkoning.nl/bestel

2 Likes

Tasty cardboard box :drooling_face:

I just had breakfast and now Iā€™m hungry again!!!
I have no idea what the heck is that but I need it

5 Likes

It looks yummy but i am afraid its fish pie.
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

[donā€™t like fish]

@AeneaGames snoep kont :grin: nu heb ik zin in gefrituurde dingen.

[might not translate good but she made me crave fried foods now]

:kissing_heart:
@AeneaGames you know where to find me. Always free to listen to you even if its wacky stuff (of gewoon voor te klieren :smile_cat:). If you need help in Boundless let me know that to.

3 Likes

Looks like quiche?

1 Like

Well, things arenā€™t going as planned. Sitting has become worse and worse so much so that I stopped trying.
The spot causing this is of course yet another tumour, sigh.
They hope they can zap it enough so I can sit again. Will need things tho that I canā€™t afford right now on top of several bills Iā€™m already behind on.

So after not wanting to do this for a while now Iā€™ve decided to swallow my pride and just ask for helpā€¦

14 Likes

hope you get the help you need.
thoughts are with you.

9 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ll pray for you.

If you need anyone to talk to or rant at, Iā€™ll always be here & listening. Iā€™ll turn off my resounding negatives for a bit and send you some positive energy the only way I canā€¦ :heartpulse::sparkles:

11 Likes

Finally itā€™s in a usable state! Watched some Star Trek Discovery this evening!

Still many things to get used to and change around. Also still rather messy, haha.

28 Likes

Awesome!

We love you Aenea!

Also your bears are cute

7 Likes

Setup looks great @AeneaGames!
Hope youā€™ve been feeling well-ish lately :blush:

4 Likes

As long as you are happy we will see past the clutter! :wink:
Hou je goed meid!

4 Likes

I like it! It looks cozy!