My Settlement is No Longer a Settlement?!?

belief me a week and it may be fixed is a nice offer
more then what most people get the devs dont coment on everything so
thats allready something they dont always let us now what they doing but alot gets fixed every update they put out there
its a beta so expect things to not work
best thing you can do is posting everything that happens the devs read everything
it always shows when updates arive

if you post in this section you always get dev replys to help fix the issue
channel -----Release 190 - Report issue here

the curent system fixes more old issue then it creates new ones

This is the Support section, where you are suppose to go to get support from a payed employee not
commentary from the peanut gallery!

I expect prompt support I am a customer! If you don’t have time to do this then get rid of the support section if its too much of a hassle!

The fact is a dev took his time out to post nothing that helped anything if he had the time to do that he had the time too also write…

Were sorry due to other more important issues we do not have time to look into your issue… Or we will look into your issue tomorrow or something!!! What he posted didn’t help anything or convey any message at all…

1 Like

our manager has a day off sir please be patient :smile:
im just doing my job hahaha
we have a bad graphiccard you can hit with a hammer in the corner in the meantime

3 Likes

When you enter ea you are not just a customer but also support. You provide feedback. You report bugs and issues and help to develope the game.

I had plenty mess with my big settlement since changes in how they are calculated. It broke into a few smaller etc. I still don’t have all the parts grouped together as I would want it and as it used to be.
But its a part of EA. I know they have been tweaking it every update for last month or longer and I just watch patiently and reserve my judgement.

I don’t expect my every issue to be addressed within hours or even days and even can’t expect direct answer from a Dev every time I report something. Although I had been in a situation where a Dev called in to my base in the game and investigated issues I reported within a few hours.

What you have been offered is to wait till next update which will most likely happen later today or tomorrow and provide feedback on what changes you see if any. It’s a fair offer and I can’t see how its not good enough.

If there is a change coming soon like the announced update sure devs won’t run to every player trying to fix their settlement issues. There are too many of them. If there was no update coming this week you would most likely get more help but now help is coming for everyone as we speak.

This is pre-alpha.

Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before formal testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.

The game has many bugs and more will be introduced with every single patch. Patches focus on adding remaining core game features - often times these will be and remain buggy and unbalanced for quite some time.

You are 100% guaranteed to lose everything you own at least once before release. If waiting a day for a bug to be fixed is such a big frustration for you I highly recommend returning to Boundless in beta or release - or you will just be frustrated again and again as new features are added (like the not auto-merging settlement feature that is causing your pain now).

3 Likes

Correct

Incorrect… support also comes from the community, some of whom have been here for a long time and know a lot about the game, read the forums every day and try to help others in any way that they can.

These types of comments will not get you very far with support from said community

This kind of comment will definitely not be tolerated either. The support thread is not “bash a dev thread”. It is a request for help. You were provided with an answer …

This answer should be sufficient to you. Your issue may well have been resolved when the testing branch is promoted to live in the next day or two.

The fact that you are either unwilling, or unable, to accept that your issue is not on the top of the list of the many things that take up development time, is not the fault of development., but your own.

To put things in perspective here… one of my settlements has also dropped off the radar completely due to the current prestige algorithm issue. I’m not about to throw my toys about of the pram, stamp my feet or hold my breath until it’s fixed. I know it will be fixed… but I also know things take time and no amount of belligerent whining is going to change that.

7 Likes

There is no answer to said problem in that statement all it says it the next update could fix the issue…

There is Zero direct answer said…

The correct answer if that was what he was going for is, we believe that your issue will be resolved in the next update sorry for the inconveinence you will have to wait till then.

What he gave me was no answer… As for the Alpha or Beta state that really has no bearing… The fact is this is the support section and I expect an actual answer when asking a question…

If I am in a resturant and I get a cold steak I am going to tell the waitress this is not right… I don’t expect the table next to me to say eat your cold steak and like it… Which is what all the rest of you are virtually doing…

Ok man, let’s take a deep breath and calm down a little. Your settlement still exists. You’ve lost nothing material, just a title. It’s a known issue with a bug fix rolling out in the very next update. If you continue to have the same problem after that fix, continue to report on it here.

We all want the same thing here. All of us want to see this game succeed, and fix as many bugs as possible. It is not always possible to fix every bug instantly, and there will be many more bugs to fix. Not to worry, the devs will get to them all in time.

Your patience and support are apreciated by us all.

6 Likes

The next release contains fixes and changes to the Settlement algorithm. So the first thing we should do is test your Settlement with this code. The most efficient way is to wait for the release.

The Settlement GUI will also report why your Beacon is not part of a settlement. The most likely reason is that the game thinks that your beacon is within 2 settlements, which isn’t allowed.

Once the update has happened - please report what happens to your beacon + settlement and what the game reports.

If the issue isn’t resolved we’ll dig into it deeper.

11 Likes

Still an issue here is the lattest screen shot…
Its claiming the beacon is a bridge for two settlements… which this is only the Outpost of sand hill on the one border and no other settlement anywhere nearby…

Solved the Issue will explain what I did but for the life of me I dont understand why it fixed it…

The location that is 2 plots away from sand hill… has Sand Hill up vertically on a hill over the top of me so I sense this plays into in some weird way…

Annoyed I removed all the plots in that area or atleast I removed all the above ground plots I actually left a subterranean line in on accident after removing about 5 of the above ground plots it said I was a city again…

I put the plots back in over the top of the plots I forgot to remove "meaning I wasn’t changing my foot print at all…
and went to the beacon and it bugged out…

So I put in another set of plots or a third layer above the layer that was bugging things out… And I was back to a town

So to try and make a picture of this…

XXXXXX
OOOOO
XXXXXX

^^^^ Worked

OOOOO
XXXXXX

Did not work

and

XXXXXX worked

so when it was just a 1 by 1 line of sub teranian plots under my building for my foundation no issue
when I added the plots above it bugged it out…
But when I claimed the air above it made it work again…

Whatever voodo this is I can’t even begin to understand because my footprint never changed and from what I have understood to date plots are all in 2d without Height being an issue but this whole ordeal is proving that height was somehow an issue!!!

Glad to here you have managed to sort your issue, Sulfurblade.
Have been having same issue for a while now

As far as I can tell, I’m at least 2 plots away from closest neighbour.
Kinda understand your solution but the way I’ve laid out my build, this is going to be tricky to test.
Might try playing around with altering the height of the plots tomorrow and will report back.

It’s very possible they don’t KNOW how to fix your problem. The game is in alpha testing, so there are many things they’re still implementing in the game. Maybe your tragedy will become research data the devs can use to help people in the future. Don’t expect them to waste precious development time on your one little problem. When the game launches, you should expect a prompt fix to your problems by the devs, but right now expect nothing.

By the way, many of this games players are very attached to this game, and will defend their beloved prize. Please refrain from causing a war in this forum by calling devs, their game, and it’s players names.

I put many hours of investigation into this Problem and found a lot of Solutions, i mentioned in this Thread:

The easiest way atm to fix this issue is Claiming Plots parallel to Streetesque Plots with another Char, that bambozzles the Algorythm and eveyrthing shooould connect again, just Plots varrying in height are really Painfull to get together.

But if you’d ask me, wait for the fix, i wasted so many Plots on this issue and it can get so incredible annoying finding the breaks… Its not worth xD.

1 Like

@Human have same issue. His beacon “Black Castle” was separate from village “Black Castle” ( -145N -1,219E) ten days ago, 8 June. So he lost title of major of Village and Village itself was turned to Hamlet with 29 rank instead of 14 previously.

There is likely a beacon that borders Human’s beacon that is causing it to be a bridge between two settlements…

The easiest way to fix this is to find the beacon / Settlement causing the issue and ad more plots on the border causing his beacon to eat up the other settlement and he will then go back to being the Mayor and his beacon will rejoin the town…

There aren’t another settlements nearby. But @Human builded a portal in sky for fly down to lake. When this portal was under Human control, his beacon was outside the settlement. When this portal became to be under Human’s additional characters Malina control, then Malina’s beacon “Malina tower” became to be outside settlement “Black Castle”.

So it doesnt have to be a settlement… I have had the issue with beacons that were not big enough to have 10K prestige… Just treat the beacon you think is the cause as if its a the settlement in question…

Do you mean what the reason for excluding the beacon from the settlement may is in parity between of amount of plots and its fullness? And so in that case beacon with long plotsway to portal was determined by system as a road. It makes sense.

Right its part of the road ■■■■ and because your touching that place with 2 or less plots the system is treating you as a road expand the border to 4 or more plots and you should no longer be bridging between settlements…

1 Like