New Plotting Algorithm (makes no sense to me, need help to reconnect)

Hi,

would someone be so kind and either explain the new plotting mechanism too me or post a link where to find that information?

My problem is, that I’ve got a little town and my brother and I have two areas which are connected by about… I’d say 15 plots at least. Our paths, walls, houses (and basements), decoration cross each others plots. We basically built wall-to-wall. But he’s not in my beacon list. Instead someone else (about 10 plots away) which only has about 4 plots and is connected only on 1 side, is in my town.
Right next to those guys with their little plot, I have my twink with another area, which is quite big as well. That one is not connected. How do I connect them back into my town? I find this rather confusing.

Also, funny enough: apparently this was changed to avoid people force-connecting other settlements with roads even if they didn’t want to. However, the 4-plotters that are connected to my town, are connected by a wooden-bridge-road-thing. My brother on the other hand, who’s basically glued to my town is not recognised.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: strangely, when I walk in my town it says “Okinawah-Halla (Hamlet)”. When I walk into my brother’s part, it says “Okinawah-Halla (Hamlet)” (so he should be connected, I assume?), if I walk into my twink’s area it says “Okinawah-Halla (Outpost)”.

dispereo

Yeah its a bit confussing and im not finished with my science, but i think it goes as follows.

Everything is based on the arrangement of the Plots, not whats built inside the Plots (I assume). For example i built a 3x3 Tower to make a crossroad, the streets i connected to every middle Plot on each side of the Tower is just a 1x1 Plot Saussage going on till it hits Mountain.
3 Plots after i got out of any door of the Tower, The Main Settlement Ends and a New “Street Settlement” of the Same name begins.
For my Situation i countered by claiming a Plot on the side of the streets Last Plot thats in the Mainplot, and cause that
was not enough a second. After that the building that was about 8 Plots away, was connected again.

So it seems that you have to build squarish to be seen as building and everything 1xXxY sized is (if more than 3 Plots away from a Plot square) a street (cause i tried expanding in the sky aswell and that didn’t work)

Edit: Okay it seems as if you need 3x3 Plots in Some Situations (Maybe to get specific settlement stati?) and if you have a Town that varies in height, it seems that the higher Part has to be wider than the Lower?

1 Like

Well, then we’re screwed… the way we built is not anything close to a square… especially on Berlyn, where we are, are a lot of lakes, so we obviously did not claim the lakes and claimed the islands and beaches around it and I built my little town to fit into that.
At least that would explain why my brother is not connected.

But it would contradict the 2 guys that are connected to my plot that are basically only connected via the road between our main town and the “satellite” of my twink.

Where is your Claim? I could take a look if you like :stuck_out_tongue:

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!

1 Like

I’ll send you the location when I am back on. It’s not far from EDEN on Berlyn.

1 Like

A twink? A second character. Not your main character.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve heard this term in another context so I was very confused. I dot think I’ll use that terminology.

5 Likes

Yeah… that term has multiple meanings depending on context. In gaming, it’s synonymous for a primary alt that is not max level. Like, in WoW for example, lvl 29 character with best in slot lvl 29 gear used in low level battlegrounds is called a twink.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, Good ol Times Grinding Shadowfang for this Dagger (I don’t remeber the Name) to Kick Butts with my lvl 19 Rogue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh creegle you so twinky

4 Likes

You’re totally just hijacking my post… how dare you!? :smiley:

1 Like

yeah its strange i assumed we allready solved the problem in aqua by switching to house grids but im number one and number 5 spot
and back down to town they split off 1.1million prestige
thats clearly part off my capital

1 Like

lolz maybe they need to make the roads have a certain distance before detachement

our alternative have a dev inspector coming to look if it all up to regulation :smile: your choice devs hahah

I hope they look over the current Algorythm again. Its so bad to take extra Plots, just cause you want to hold your settlement together.
Im now the Proud Owner of 4 Plots Water, i don’t know what to do with, and a few Land Plots with some sexy Bushes on… Oh and a lot of Air :stuck_out_tongue:.

Edit: God im running around Berlyn and the Greater Hubs since Aeons, where the Hell is Eden or Okanawah-Halla xDDD.

Okay after Walking about a decade, i found your “Small Town” on Berlyn and analyzed it a bit.
It seems that everything is connected,except the Plot of Someone called merani. But to connect his Plot again its just a matter of 1 or 2 Plots :slight_smile:

Edit: Could you please Look into Places>Settlements how many Clone Settlements you got? :slight_smile:

Could ya do a survey off aqua i give ya a purple gleam :slight_smile:

How much? xD, and do you have a Map, i allways get Lost there xD.
And i don’t have a guarantee :wink:

Edit: And i need the Number of Clone Settlements you got under Places>Settlements :slight_smile:

Lol 4 :slight_smile: if ya find issue 1 if ya get lost i just need get number5world spot linked to number one spot

Sorry, I didn’t get around to log in any earlier. So if Wahbuum’s connected, he should be in the town?

I’ll check where the connection is missing with Merani in a minute.