New Plotting Algorithm (makes no sense to me, need help to reconnect)

Right, Merani was connected with one plot at the road.
I have now added 2 more plots alongside the road, now Merani is added. I don’t know what to do about Wahbuum though. We’re already connected with several plots. I even went and unplottet and replottet and nothing changed. He’s still not connected to the town.

Where in the Town is the Wahbuum Part, i didn’t found it :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you Take a Screenshot for me?

Okay i found a few Break Points i will Document for you in a few Minutes :).

First At the Hillfortress can be fixed with 1-2 Plots

Second in Corporate District, right before the Corner 1-2 Plots for the Corner should fix that

I don’t know if you want the Road to Aquatopia and the Part of Russian-Shaman back, but here’s the Breakpoint, but the whole Road is a Massive Problem

On the Slide is a Breakpoint too, what brings me to the Conclusion, that Satelites are Problematic now too.

Tomorrow more, i totally got Lost at the End trying to find a Breakpoint at the Forest Fortress again, but i didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:. Maybe you’ll find it :slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe nice to know for you, the backpart of the Maya Tempel is wild :slight_smile:

I got a lot of that link back up now. slide and burningman road all linked back up. We are back up to 6,318,000

Yeah, i rechecked and for the most Parts it seems fine now, i even found the Forrest Fortress which is reclaimed now. Pykyke should check the Road to Aquatopia to Reclaim the Russian-Shaman and i found a claim of bg2face that is currently a lonesome Outpost

@the-moebius could you check again in Places if there are remaining Clones. And it would be nice if you could give me some of the (Clone-)Beacon Members Names too, then i should be able to Pin them down :slight_smile: ft

Just like you guys… I got the same problems on Tjentzu, except it a little more complicated. We already have a few residents there and all of them are not exactly happy that the town was somehow broken up despite having taken precautions and measures to keep the town together by making the roads look less of a thin strand of blocks.

It’s quite easy. My town originally started off as “Wah-Halla”, kinda Viking style (yeah, not really, but I try), black stone, wodden ornaments an roofs. My alternate character Merani took over Zuluumax’s japanese tea garden, hence that one looks a bit japanese (therefore our town names merged into Okinawah-Halla). My brother on the other hand… built that thing that doesn’t look of anything… more like… modern art… or not. :smiley: It’s connected to my town by a red bridge and a trap-door bridge. The signs on his house says WAHWAH (that was kinda the clue, lol).

On the trap door-side we’re connected with 5 plots. On the red bridge-side we’re connected with 2 plots.

Funny enough, i was thinking maybe we haven’t plotted enough close to each other, as I needed 2 more plots with Merani to reconnect. But we technically have 3 plots more and are sitting wall-to-wall and are still not connected. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After Aquatopia and Okinawah-Halla are satisfied, i could take a look arround Tjentzu too if you like :stuck_out_tongue:

I think i start a Roadworking Business xD

3 Likes

Okay, i checked it from my side, and it seems connected to the Settlement, the building alone would never get hamlet status.
Is it possible, that he didn’t log in since the Patch and maybe thats the issue? Or maybe its his Cellar… I had very hard Time reconnecting a Part of my claim, that is lower than everything else. In this special case i had to build like an arm coming from the higher part of city, going down to the other one, but while holding the old Plot level, stretching out arround the lower part.
Maybe try to claim underground, arround his cellar :confused:

Edit: I looked at it again, and found this:

I think this is the culprit and claiming this sub surface/ water plots will do the trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome to take a look anytime. I spent the past couple of hours going combing the town to connect them. Spent about 20 plots doing it :roll_eyes:. Don’t like it, but I not much can be done at this end. There is still another section that needs to be connected but requires the owner to do it… he is on EU time.

Not sure what ya asking im @work @Dunedragon is repairing the issue you get 6purple gleamz yay :slight_smile: thanks for the help apreciare it if ya ever need stuff feel free to ask me

1 Like

Thanks Raziels!
But you know he’s connected with 3 plots on the other side of his building to my area as well? As I said, he’s connected with 6 plots.

We’ll try the plot you pointed out tonight! Thanks for investigating. Unfortunately I don’t have any fancy purple gleam to give you, anything else I can provide? :slight_smile:

@dispereo Yeah, i saw the connections below the Trapdoor bridge. It makes absolutely no sense to me aswell, i’m just Throwing ideas in this case :stuck_out_tongue:.

Have you Cloned Settlements Remaining under Esc>Places>Settlements?

You don’t have to pay me :), its a pleasure for me to help (On this way i can get more look at this “issue” and am able to takle it :wink: ). Just if you have non available Blocks, that have no value to you, it would be a pleasure for me to “adopt” them xDD

@knightsb I looked arround Tjentzu (and adored it like the other Cities before :stuck_out_tongue:) and it seems alright for the most parts, i just found this Minor breaks:

In the Ashen Holds Entrance :slight_smile:

This awesome Petal thing in the Lake

And a Part called unnamed Beacon going down into a mine thingy, but i think this is the EU part ;). I’m German myself, so i will hang arround and let him know if he shows up :slight_smile:

What i meant is this:

If you click the settlements in “Places” you get Details and a List with Contributors. It would help, if you have remaining Settlement Clones in this Tab, if you could give me the Contributors Names, to find the Breaks :wink:

It was a pleasure to help you aswell :slight_smile: Tonight i will throw a Purple Gleamz Party with my Roommates

FYI:
After fiddling arround again with the new System, i found out that its obviously a very bad idea to make extra Beacons for Streets :P. In that case the “3 Plots to street” rule is obsolete till you make the earlier mentioned “Plot square” to let the Algo think its a building. But the Problem is, that the System then counts the 3 Plots from the square so that you have to place even more Squares in most of the cases to get houses connected to the streets :confused:

Well, I’ve been trying a lot to make it work, but it just wouldn’t. Plotted and unplotted and there is no way for us to make our plots square again. It would be really strange from the system to assume everything that’s a house has to be square. We plotted over- and underground where possible. No change, I just can’t get Wahbumm into our settlement, whilst others so far away are included. Very very strange.

Yeah, i thought about your Situation a lot and fiddled arround with my Plots to reproduce it, but every time at least 2 Plots of each Beacon touch each other, its Part of the Settlement.
This has to be a Bug… Like the “You have to get 10k Prestige” while having 40k Bug :stuck_out_tongue:

@vdragon @luke-turbulenz I think I’ve found an example where it’s considering single, or limited plot connections as roads. In the picture below I have my under water city, Abyssa, on Epsilo. It’s all connected by plots from the same character. As an entity, it is ~330,000 prestige. But it’s only counting a settlement portion of 193k. There are no other people near me and nothing else connected. I believe, based on the prestige not counted, that its considering that vertical shaft and the connections spidering out from the central core as roads. These are high-prestige, difficult builds, that (in my opinion) should count towards a build and not as roads.

UPDATE: I added a few plots to connect the tower and the hallways to each other laterally and it has corrected the problem. See photo 2 below.

2 Likes

yep we should have a change to aply for reconects if we provide solid proof :smile:

@james hmm :thinking: wonder if this new algorithm could be adjusted for builds like this? Seeing as it is a vertical connection than a horizontal connection. I can see a lot of stair towers having this problem.