New Plotting Algorithm (makes no sense to me, need help to reconnect)

I think the “You have to get 10k Prestige for Settlements while having 100k” Bug is related to the “Towers are streets” Problem
Every Plot Counts on its own, but the Beacon adds everything up (For Example, we have a Tower that has 40k Prestige in the Beacon Overview, but isn’t Part of the Settlement, cause the Beacon says it doesn’t have 10k Prestige to get Settlement Status)

I don’t understand what is being shown.

Vertical columns have not changed.

What is this? The algorithm doesn’t evaluate beacons this way.

2 Likes

Okay, why are Towers this Problematic then?

I have helped 3 Cities to Glue them Back together and getting Plots into the Settlement again that differ in height are the absolute worst… you have to almost completely encapsule the Plots to get them Back into your Claim, and sometimes even that doesn’t help…

Well, our town doesn’t have a tower. 2 sides of my brother’s beacon have been surrounded by 11 of my plots on ground level (which means even more as I didn’t count the ones below ground and the ones above standard height). We can’t get any closer. Our plots are usually not higher than 2 plots (on the sides we connect) and yet we still don’t reconnect. I have wasted all my plots now to try to get it sorted, but nothing.

We both even un- and re-plotted to see whether we could trigger it that way, no luck. He’s simply not shown in the list. I’m running out of ideas and though I have no idea of the technicality behind it and that algorithm I’d be bold and claim that this can’t be right.

1 Like

I need more information about examples to understand what is happening.

Ideally a diagram of the plots when broken, and a diagram of the plots required to make a single Settlement.

1 Like

Phew i will try my best :slight_smile:

Okay as Example, this is the style i used to get streets applied to my Tower. Every Street has its Own Beacon, starting from the Towers Entrance (The Gray one in the Background)

This is how it came out after Patch, the Red Squares are Plots not part of the Settlement and Black are connected

And this is how i fixed it (The Green Squares are Plots i used to “fix” the street.

Then i got this Situations, its a Simple step (Like shown below)

Up is the look on the Plots from the side and Down the look from Above.
Whatever i tried, i had to place this gigantic side Plot to get it Connected again (I even tried building a House with my twink on the Other side, but that changed nothing)

The Situation @dispereo has in his Town (and i yet have to find a Solution, but i think its a bug)
This Time Up = Above and Down = side. There are at least 6-8 Plots connected to each other, but the Whalla House doesn’t get part of the Town… (Sorry i have no ingame screen im to broke to Warp xD)

And last but not least, i got these two Towers, they booth weren’t connected after Patch, but the left one was simple to get back in and the right one seems to don’t want to reconnect…

Up = Above Down = Side, the Blue Plots are from my twink… I tried to encapsule it, but that doesn’t change anything.

I hope this is atleast a bit understandable xDDDD

Edit: I hope you can see it but we fixed the Tower like we would have fixed a street, but Vertical xD

2 Likes

Right, I am not quite that professional as Raziels01 (like… not at all)… so my example has to be a bit simpler.

Screenshot:

Dispereo top (me) and my brother Wahbuum bottom. We’re connected by 9 plots over a corner on ground level (so height 0 to 8).

Where the 5 is, is my main house. On this side we’re also connected by 4 additional underground plots (so 0 to -8). On the other side, we should be connected by another 2 underground plots.

So even though 2 sides of his area are surrounded by my plots, he’s not added to my beacon. Whilst other small houses from random players that have just a couple of plots next to our road is showing up.

Merani, my second character is connected via 1 road where 3 plots are connected to that road. That one is connected.

Edit: we don’t really have towers in our build, we’re pretty much always 2-3 plots high, but I just remembered that I have a mining shaft in my house that goes down another 3-4 plots which technically could be considered a tower.

Thanks to everyone who has shared details about their (fragmented) Settlements.

We’re looking to tweak the algorithm a little more.

So can everyone:

1. stop adding random plots, and even better remove any scaffolding plots.
  2. wait for a release that says something like “tweaked settlement algorithm”.
  3. then report what difference it made.
7 Likes

Also noticed, my brother gets an “error, loading failed” at the beacon’s settlement info or the message who the warden of “his” settlement is (technically “our” settlement as mentioned before). :slight_smile:

My settlement is a road. I am building a road, that’s my project.
After the update, my own beacons don’t show up in the settlement tab.
I don’t want to force-merge cities, I just want to build a road that cities can connect to.

Can the new algorithm please account for road builders?

Hi,

sorry, I am bumping that up again, as I still have a question regarding the plotting.

My brother and I have our own little settlement, which is basically in a fjord. So in order to get to the other areas, we’ve built bridges and tunnels over and under the sea/rivers. However, this seems to break our settlement on a regular basis, for which reason we now have built multiple new beacons disconnected from the settlement, just to keep our main settlement from jumping into “error loading” mode. (I think my brother has several new settlements, as they are all above 10k prestige)

Is there a way of bypassing that?

Also, is there an explanation on how to plot, so maybe we can plot in a way to add these bridges and buildings on the other side of the river/sea to our settlement?

I don’t really see a point in spending several thousand cubits into plots (I have ~300 so far) for empty plots over water, so that our settlement just doesn’t break. That just makes no sense.

Any insights would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

For now, you need to make sure your roads and bridges are at least 3 plots wide, or the settlement will “break”. You can place beacons every third plot (this method did not work for me). This goes for building vertically too. If you have a string of single plots in any direction, it will break.

1 Like