My suggestion towards what should be worked on first @Monumental

If I show in a video how I forge this then everybody will start doing this and then I am sure it will ruin the market.

I forge for my guild as that makes my guild a litle bit more unique and sell to my guild members for a discount so I can put those coins directly back into the guild buffs.

Then you have an unverifiable claim. I don’t really know what do do with that, but thank you for your input.

2 Likes

I PM-ed you :slight_smile:

Just curious do you forge a stack at a time?

1 Like

Nope, cannot be done for maxed out tools with no quirks/defects.

2 Likes

Ah. That makes sense.

I Forge my self and the Forge IS RNG i know the mechanics and what to do but Sometimes you Re lucky and Other Times Not and you do everytime the Same so IT cant be that i put an effect gum and get a boon from Special gum AS example…

I also Forge lucents they Re Same luck to Forge AS normal gems but Need an Other Set Up in your desk the only Thing IS you Don t get AS many boon points AS you do on gems…

I ve done some Tutorial s when i started with forging i ll Post below If you want to See new vids of IT or Other ways or something i havent shown let me know.

Greetings Turrican2006

T6 Tools

T7 Tools

Chisels

8 Likes

I’ll still be here in 2-3 years no matter the update but there is 1 thing that would make me Go Poof but that just me Boop!

2 Likes

I meant more the people that come and go and weren’t willing to just deal with the problems, lack of comms, etc and just played regularly.

I think theres no need to do anything…
Maybe some Qol changes but thats it.

There has To be some kind of Material sink In the game…

If forge would give you 100% what you want it would Hurt economy a lot. Also i like To believe many People agree with me on this.

While i see the point behind “lets us get what we want”. I still believe that forging should be Special thing For those who want To specialize To it.

Theres alrdy many things that are whatever For many… Crafting… Gathering… Theres no actual Special thing about those
… Forging is the Only thing In this game that has somewhat value

2 Likes

I strongly agree that forging should be a challenging thing that is difficult to master, but why does it have to be “difficult” because it’s a slot machine?

2 Likes

If it hurts the economy a lot then the economy is already total trash and the game needs a serious rebalance for the value and rarity of all items and coin or needs to stop trying to have an economy.

A good economy would be supported by many aspects and play styles of the game, The game clearly haves bigger problems that need to be tended to rather then clinging on to the concept of the RNG of the forge supporting the economy.

4 Likes

But, focusing on the NPE first is the smartest path… so new plaayes play and stay…:two_hearts:

3 Likes

If they would do some massive changes… I would like To see a Wipe.

Its just a fact that this game needs a Wipe if they do massive changes To crafting… Forging etc.
Especially if they change the game f2p.

Massive changes can be done with out the need for a Wipe in my opinion

a Wipe that negates the 4000+ hours of effort
That I put in to the game under the assumption the world was persistent, would cause me to instantly quit the game and leave a bad steam review about how the devs keep pulling the rug out from under my feet. They pulled the rug out from under my feet once already, and I have refrained from posting a bad steam review about it for now. If it happens again the gloves come off.

I would also insist on a refund for any remaining gleam club time I have left since clearly it failed to do the advertised effect of protecting my beacons from expiring, which is the only reason I even pay for it. Thou I know legally I most likely won’t be very successful in getting a refund for that, however the outcome of that would also get added on to the steam review.

If for some strange reason they some how do something that absolutely requires a Wipe due to a technical reason, then they can make a new set of servers, and leave us on the old set of servers alone.

TLDR: A Wipe would make me very hostile to the game, and reviews will be left.

2 Likes

Ye its always When someone even mentions it People are throwing the Hard ■■■■■ “Ill quit… Gimme refund”.

The fact is that if you go… There might be 50 Coming To replace you after the changes… You do the math wich is better For developers

3 Likes

And there might not be, and it is a gamble that I feel is slightly not in the devs favor with the amount of bad press it might give the game, if it turns out many people do the same as I do, and leave bad reviews.

They would need to do a damn good job on the game to counteract that, and based on things I have seen that I won’t get into here, I just don’t think that situation is in their favor.

I’ll highlight the “there might not be” by adding that if a game prides itself on having a persistent world and the developers say time and time again “we won’t do a wipe”, but they later go back on their word and do one anyway, what signal do you think that sends to people?
It says “you cannot trust these people, so don’t bother giving them money.”

After the last 2 years of nothing, James STILL not thanking players (which IMHO is the least he could do because some peeps around here are incredibly forgiving) for their patience while he clearly had NO PLAN WHATSOEVER (since it’s Deathwhisper who made the connection between James and Monty), and James would have left us hanging on a wire for another couple of years in shameful radio silence, but now comes to us like “See all the things we did for you guys? See how much we achieved before going in Maintenance-Mode?”, the last thing Boundless needs right now is a wipe.
It’d be another insult to the dedicated players who keep the game alive.
The first thing that should be done is finish the god damn update 249.

4 Likes

@Buugi @Trundamere @Goblinounours
Regardless of which side of the wipe discussion we are on, Monty has already stated:

13 Likes

Yes, I know, which is why I said

I’m not the guy who keeps suggesting that nonesense, thank you very much.

3 Likes