Name for community world and city

I wanted to start this thread for us to find a name for our new capital. For the world or the city or the world and the city.

the original thread

Hub could be an option.

Hub could be the name for the city. Would be kinda cool

1 Like

I named my first world “Skog”. I forgot what it means but I like it

Simple and straight forward

Hub is really a good idea but I would like an a little bit altered version as name. Something like Huub or maybe Hubb

1 Like

Or maybe Kihlek? Thats center pulled through a fantasy draconic translator. (If you need a name take a word related to to said name and put it in a translator for some fantasy language works every time)

I like Hubb though.

3 Likes

Kovah, after the one who started this project.

2 Likes

I kinda like kovah, as it fits with the names of the other worlds being an anagram.

2 Likes

Perhaps Kovah for the world and Huub for the city?
I like Huub because it matchs with Oort, having the double vowel.

2 Likes

I think I have a perfect name for the city…
Ain (ah-een)

i would suggest ‘‘Kenia’’ for the world, i like the sound of it, have a sort of fantasy ring to it, but its a matter of taste :smile:

I’d love for the city to be called, “Nexus”. Or some alteration of it, like Nexxis or so.

The definition of Nexus is, “a connection or series of connections linking two or more things.” And another definition is, “the central and most important point or place.” It’s essentially the central city that connects all of the worlds, or something of that nature. The capital. I really like it.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well my idea for the city is to have one mountain with other mountains around it,the main city build would be in the middle most mountain with bridges connecting it to the other mountains. So Nexus sound go to me.

Nexus>Nexsys?

Thats why i thought Hub :slight_smile:

I may be biased in this, but I think kovah sounds great! What do y’all think of Ko’vah? Looks and sounds more alien.

How do you say it?

Koh-vaah? I can’t do a long ‘a’ accent mark on my phone.

So lets try casting a poll just for fun :slight_smile:

What should the world be called:

• Hub
  • Skog
  • Hubb
  • Huub
  • Kihlek
  • Kovah
  • Ain
  • Kenia
  • Nexus
  • Nexxis
  • Nexsys

0 voters

What should the city be called:

• Hub
  • Skog
  • Hubb
  • Huub
  • Kihlek
  • Kovah
  • Ain
  • Kenia
  • Nexus
  • Nexxis
  • Nexsys

0 voters

This doesn’t actually mean anything but polls are a fun way to find out which kind of names people are looking for.

1 Like