Name for community world and city

23:44 (10 chars)

1 Like

Danish words:
Refugium?
Asyl?

Nabe?

Yath?

Asylum sounds inspiring to me. Perhaps a Mashup of the word with “city” in a fantasy language. Like asylummar (Mashup of asylum and Ogrimmar, I didn’t run that through any fantasy language, just been playing WoW lately. For the horde!)

I like the plays on words like hub, nexus, origin, core, etc

Here’s some random thoughts:

• Kore (pronounced ko-ray, not core, to make that less obvious? :P)
  • Ori
  • Kentro
  • Riza

Also a fan of Kovah

2 Likes

Ori pops out for me.

1 Like

Most likely cause of this game

1 Like

It is a damn good game

Could you guys post translations if a name is in another language.

I lIke the names like hub, nexus, origin, core, because they sound obviously a capital. So new comers would see the name and be like, I should go there. Then be like oh wow this is what you can do with Oort I am totally playing this game forever. :smile:

2 Likes

Ah, yeah!

Kentro: center in greek
Riza: root in greek

I have it, lets just build a big ass tree in the middle of the city and call it ‘‘Yggdrasil’’ Problem solved! screw the fact that it is in a desert! trees!!!

1 Like

The tree saps the life from the planet and that’s why it’s a desert!

Awesome I love Greek, I use it to name stuff all the time.

I kind of wish there was an oort language that we could use.

I don’t know if the devs are planning on making one, if not they should out source it to the community, I would totally be up for helping to make one.

I love it!!! And I have a idea. I’m still thinking that bridges is the best way to go,if there are builds on more than one mountain. The trees roots could be the bridges.

Let’s be the start of a new Oort language,you said it you self. You want a Oort language,so why not make one. And if that’s too much,then just make up a Oort word for capital.id love to help.

I know I brought it up but I don’t want it to devert the thread. I am going to make another thread about making an oort language.

Sounds good,provide a link.

How about ‘The Heart’? Or I was thinking Core :smile: but that was already said, or maybe some sort of different configuration of Focus? Was also thinking Gem or along those lines like the Gem of Oort because it is the players working (hopefully) together to build a universal capital.

1 Like

Something like ‘‘Tantien’’ which is the center of the body where the physicial and the spiritual parts (chi) meet up

1 Like

I rather like that :slight_smile:

So by the time we have:

• Hub (Hub (noun) a center around which other things revolve or from which they radiate; a focus of activity, authority, commerce, transportation, etc.:slight_smile:

• Hubb (Variation on Hub)

• Huub (Variation on Hub)

• Kihlek (Center in draconinc according to This translator)

• Kovah (Havok backwards as it was his idea)

• Ain (pronounced ah-een)

• Kenia (@Zouls got this from a fantasy name generator) Note It has been pointed out that this is the german spelling of Kenya

• Nexus (Nexus (noun) a connection or series of connections linking two or more things. another definition is. The central and most important point or place.) Note it has been pointed out that the name nexus has been used a lot in games.

• Nexxis (Variation of nexus)

• Nexsys (Variation of nexus with the ending using the start of the word System)

• Kudos (Is acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement in greek)

• Sylvatica

• Sanctum (Sanctum (noun) a sacred or holy place.) Note it has been pointed out that this lacks originality

• Haven (Haven (noun) any place of shelter and safety; refuge; asylum.) Note it has been pointed out that this lacks originality

• Refugium (Danish basically the same as the two above)

• Asylum (Again around the same thing)

• Nabe (Hub in german (ish)

• Yath (Taking from the forgotten realms drow language means Temple as the temple in drow culture is the center of most action)

• Kore (pronounced ko-ray, not core, to make that less obvious? :P)

• Kentro (center in greek)

• Riza (root in greek)

• Yggdrasil (the world tree in northern mythology)

• The heart

• Core

• Gem of Oort

• Tantien (the center of the body where the physicial and the spiritual parts (chi) meet up)

1 Like