Need advice on progression

You can potentially do everything on one character. Some do. But you would need to participate in the economy more or have someone that is willing to trade with you in areas you lack skillwise

I could live with that, but at the moment it feels like I need to trade in almost all areas, because I lack so much. I will try to check out the economy a bit more. Thanks for advice.

I’d suggest miner personally. Most of the game seems to revolve around mining drops. A mining build is also strong enough to chop wood. With the damage epic skill you can do enough damage with a slingbow to take down the weaker enemies as well.

Once you hit 50 you can get a 2nd skill page that will let you make a new build. Just keep in mind a 2nd skill page shares skillpoints with the 1st. So if you have 50 skill points you can only put 50 all in one page or 25 in the first page and 25 in the 2nd page, for example.

Don’t get too discouraged :smile: your playstyle is still doable in this game.

3 Likes

I think you are on point where leveling starts get slower. If you want to play game without buying tools from market I would suggest to be on level range where you can 1 hit blocks with iron tools that you are able to make.

Added on edit: I am not saying that you shouldn’t go for higher planets but going too far too fast could make your progress slower. When you can do things faster to end you also get XP faster in game. Hitting rock in T1 and T4 give same XP but can take much more swings, so only go look for needed resources early if you really need materials and not XP. :slight_smile:

Suggested stone crafting, best ways to get fast xp could be building and chiseling. Chiseling gives xp same amount as its placing xp. Also check your feats goals, you could find some that you are nearly completing and those can give very much needed xp buff when progressing your first character. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the alternative to multiple characters is getting involved with the economy. What planet are you centered on?

You can post here to the forums for trading and a whole bunch of stuff that your specialized character could do.

I am on Dzassak.

I tried farming stone and stuff on a tier 2 planet. The exp when I woke up was nice, but the mining is very boring.

Hi, have you spent much time gathering and exploring? The level range your in is really tuff. I always felt that levels around 35-50 ish were soooooooo slllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww. It seems like once you hit 50 with at least one character, levels just materialize. That’s probably because at that point you have enough points to specialize. And thats also why people suggest getting alts. Each one can specialize earlier when they dont need skills enough to make them generic. I was always a primary miner and the rock output helps but id never process all that rock without a macro or you’ll totally get carpel tunnel! Around the level range your talking about I discovered three things that made the game a little funner: the stealth skill (5pts), stealth and range from the control skill, and crack… The agility skill. Also, this game leans people toward the economy. If your not a big trader of things shoot me a PM and i can give you a couple items to help get you over the hump or the gem/AOE wall as some used to refer to it when it was an even bigger barrier

1 Like

Thanks for advice. I don’t want free stuff. I will look into the centraforge and try to get some 3x3 hammers.

They help alot.

The game can be frustrating in you want to do it all yourself and find out you can’t. It is geared for either having others with you or getting alts.

Get the hammer epic so you can hit the rocks and get them faster, that helps to keep it from taking so long. Mine on a level 2 planet, I used to get into the water and swim, looking at the cliffs to find copper or coal. then use a grapple to climb up and bust out some rocks and climb in and go whacking away at the rocks.
Get the copper even if you don’t need it, I learned that a lot of the older players use it for make machined copper blocks to use for decoration and other crafting, it really helps with prestige. Same with iron. Collect peat and compact it and you can sell it or trade it for items.

When I first started and couldn’t afford items and didn’t have the skills or experience to make things, I traded. Copper bars for silver and some titanium. Copper for some sliver tools. Copper for other items. I made food, meaty casseroles, some risottos, meat loaf and traded them for gems. Yep, food, LOL I focused on cooking and got a alt when I was around level 30, caved in when I realized I couldn’t do it all and started to level her up to take over cooking so I could be a hunter/gather, my points could then go for protection and allow me to go to the higher level planets.

You would be surprised at what you can trade. Go to level one planets and collect the spicy beans, I think from the sword plant. You can get from 14 to 19 coins each. Take the leaves and you can trade or sell them at some of the markets/malls. The fibrous ones can be made into sackcloth and some will be willing to trade for them. Fleshy is used in the centraforge as are the inky and the inky are also used for ink for the signs.

The centraforge requires advanced coils, they are extremely expensive to make and to buy them it can cost from 2400 to 3000 coins. To be able to use it you will need for some of the recipes 3000 power, that is 10 coils. It can get expensive. You will also need coils for some of your other machines when you start on that, so that is more of a mid/late mid range level to me; around level 30-40. Depends on how good of a player you are, some are good at gaming and learn quickly and can handle it, others, like me can’t and I am just now at level 50 able to handle level 4 planets on my own. I am mainly a solo player.

Some can quickly advance, but it you aren’t a great player, experienced and quick to learn and handle the challenges, you will get frustrated. I chose to take my time, not focus on being able to do crafting such as the centraforge until I was ready to handle it all, didn’t even start to do it until after level 50, but this is my first MMO and my health is a factor.

I’m not trying to make it sound too hard, it depends on how fast you want to advance. How good a player you are, your abilities in survival games. If you are willing to take your time, enjoy the game and do things on the lower level planets as you gain xp, then it can be fun, you will get there and enjoy it better than getting stressed out from not doing what you want to do before you are read.

There will be a update soon that will give more experience, wait for that to come out, see what it can change in how you play, the getting of rock, mass crafting to stone then refining it and getting xp and skill points fast is going to be dropped from 2 points to 1, it will take much longer now to level up using that method. And no more eating a teaching pie then putting the rocks into the crafting table and logging out, wait a while and then log back in put them into the refinery, log out, log in a couple hours later and get a lot of xp. That will be removed. The devs see it as a misuse to quckly level alts, it was going to be 0 experience points, but listened to players here and changed it to 1 and is giving xp for others things to help players advance faster. And logging out doesn’t stop the timer on the pies any more, I don’t think.

The game is worth playing, but it takes being willing to take a bit longer at the start to advance, which some don’t like. And there is nothing wrong with that, we all play different and have different responsibilities in our lives, some have families, jobs, commitments and can’t play several hours a week, or even a day.
Sorry to be so long.

1 Like

Miner is the best and most reliable source of xp. I did some pretty long mining runs on serpensarindi when I was getting started using normal titanium hammers, and my titanium came from besevrona using iron and gold tools. It takes awhile, but if you use a methodical approach, xp will come fast enough. As soon as you can afford (and reasonably weild) a 3x3 hammer, add some pies and brews, you be good to go.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize how strong forged high end hammers are. I met a guy who showed me his hammer and loot was raining all over my head. I don’t want to exaggerate, but mining with this hammer must be at least 30 times faster then with my hammer. Big uff.

Yep, mining is my favorite way to go, I don’t even bother with the rock thing, I just give those away. Levels come pretty quick, and you get so much to sell and use. Once you get your first hammer, they should pay for themselves after that.

However, I like mindless mining - just putting on some music and zoning out. For other stuff, with the buffs to some things coming, it should get easier. Gathering particularly looks to be getting a boost.

2 Likes

For me getting close to lvl 30 was also the moment I felt the slowness. Originally I wanted to get to 50 on my own but gave in at that point.
Bought a 3x3 hammer and some persisting pies to have it last longer. Go for something with “all adjacent” and damage + with additional durability. Costs like 7000 - 9000 for the hammer and about 1000 for 3 pies.
If you dont have enough money then collect some things to sell like plants, sap, copper. You only need to do this once.

now the best part
Take that hammer to a world with silver / gold veins. Go down to height 30, eat a persisting pie and smash your way through the rock. Relocate if you cant find gold / silver after a while.
This is feeling so good that you may get addicted to those hammers.
The best thing is by selling the gathered ores you can directly afford the next one and still have leftovers! Also get luck up if you dont have it already to let it rain even more resources :wink:

Dont give up before you have tried those. I am speaking out of experience. My hammer stockpile would approve to this :smiley:

When ready combine that with a strength or speed potion for the next kick!

3 Likes

I did precisely the same

1 Like

Mid-level progression is definitely the hardest point in the game. You’ve outgrown much of the tutorial but haven’t become good at much of anything.

1. Mining is a good suggestion, I’ve seen more shops lately with options for mid-level forged tools like gold and titanium at much lower prices than diamond ones.
  2. Gathering is also useful to sell things and afford the mining tools + fulfill quests. Here is a link to a mall just for selling stuff you’ve gathered. :oort_r: Request Dimension :oort_z: Now Open! (request-basket-only-mall) There are lots of other places to sell, too.
  3. Investing in some basic protections to survive lvl 3-4 worlds lets you hunt and sell or craft for XP the creature drops.
  4. Exploring will get a buff in the next big patch so running around finding new places will be rewarded. You’ll get XP for what you’ve already explored, too. :slight_smile:
  5. Use your cubits for plots and build! Resist the temptation to spend cubits on the outfits and headgear until later on. Just build stuff for fun, try out things, build some roads and bridges, do a bunch of chiseling while having eaten teaching food for bonus XP.

These are just suggestions based on what I did, and still do. I was never really invested in being the most efficient (mass crafting rock XP for example) but I did like to have a building plan in my head then pop a teaching pie and build/chisel for 30min getting double XP.

5 Likes

I managed to get to level 32 after a few days. I also got about 20 titanium hammers. I don’t want to waste them so please tell me, what is the best place to use? I also crafted a lot of Tier 2 Strength Brews for myself. Should I visit a tier 6 planet now?

In my opinion, it would depend on the protections you have, the planet levels you can visit. What your skills are in the area of epic. Do you have the hammer epic and hammer mastery up to full? Your speed so you can hit the rocks faster and harder? Is your luck up so you can get good drops and in protection do you have the sneak so you won’t get attacked as soon as you are seen by a critter?

I don’t know what planets you have been visiting, so I am going blind in this area, but general, go to a level four planet, say Delta C, and if you have no trouble mining there then try a level five. You can leave the portal area, dash to the closest hill that has a lot of rocks and start to bash your way in enough to plug up the hole behind you so the critters can’t attack you from behind. Then, see how you do.

If you are slow moving, only hitting one rock at a time and taking a long time, you might want to stay with the level three planets until you can skill up more.

These are all individual perceptions. I prefer to take it slow, work my way up and have fun. I like the slow pace of advancement. Some are more aggressive, or more challenged than I am to achieve the next level faster and so are willing to push to get there. It just depends on how important it is for you to get to the next stage. I don’t like pushing and getting frustrated because I can’t go as fast as I want, can’t deal with the critters and so go I have the time. But, disabled, homebound, I do have the time that those who have lives don’t and that makes a difference in what you see as important and what I see as important.

Just remember this, it is a game and supposed to be fun, if you aren’t having fun, step back and see if you aren’t pressuring yourself to get too far too fast before you are ready.

1 Like

I collected the titanium on besevrona with iron tools. It was not very fast but okay in my opinion. I got most of my skill points in hammer and strength stuff. I will try one tier higher today.