Need pictures off killer machine setup's

gonna work on placing machines in my new base today so please send me some example’s

im extremly lazy crafter so it need be setup to be as easy as possible to use but still look like i know what im doing help me out people

also do i use different rooms to categorize crafting our a main factory room have multiple machines and coils to place
for example do i make the food crafting room a separate workshop stuff like that give me all the good intel

You can do what I did. Write every recipe you use frequently on signs next to the storage block where you keep the ingredients together that you need. If this does not make sense you can visit my base on Phem :slight_smile:

I am extremely forgetful…

one problem i never crafted stuff ever
so no recipes i use yet im looking to build a complete workshop to do everything i collected the materials to build it for a while now do you keep the items beside the machines our in seperate storage rooms?
so many questions i have hahaha

def gonna keep room for info signs awesome tip

Style: 2 Functionlity: 2 Repair: 1

Style: 3 Repair: 3 Functionality: 2

Functionality: 3 Repair: 3 Style: 2

(a box with 4 machines of each type with max power)

6 Likes

I go modular in an open space and keep the storage blocks full of frequently used items

2 Likes

This is my workshop in Lacuna…it’s a work in progress - the glass (gleam sign)

menagerie.

1 Like

I’ll post pics of my setup in super rad later tonight after work… It feels old by now though. But I can say its box like structures with a facing of storage units around the access point to the machine with a hallway behind to repair and a 2 d floor above and behind to access the generators. I’d say style potential:4 current style:1.5 functionality:2 repair: 3

2 of each machine … Compact and easy access to all machines / coils from the front…

… and now I need to make it bigger to accommodate the upcoming pigment processor :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

As posted a little while ago, my current workshop. Made some changes since tho, added more machines, haha

Four areas, from top to bottom: brick/marble/refined blocks area, forging area, food and brews area and generic crafting area.

5 Likes

man these look all great im working on the room itself and i made a false floor to repair coils but i def also wonna show them off :smile: @Stretchious do you got a corridor to do repairs?
i live the usage off the sign floors but doesnt go well with egyptian temple gonna see i might use glass just need see if Egypt had glass lol
@AeneaGames how do you keep track off what cooking where

Well, have a dedicated food and brew area, the lef front row mixers are for pies, the right ones for brews, the others are for making other mats like butter and oils and such. All the extractors there only do things like purifying milk/water, making buckets of milk, syrup, etc. Refinery for bags of sugar…

The forging area for instance, I have a few extractors that I know just make forge bases, some only do pastes, others only compounds, etc.

Still, sometimes, especially with the generic crafting area, I keep searching for “where did I make more diamond hammers in?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to come up with a modular per-plot design, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!

6 Likes

I was looking for a setup where I don’t have to run from one machine to another.
The small storage is just opposite.

3 Likes

No repair corridor - it’s possible to repair all the coils from the front, but not possible to walk into any of the beams.

1 Like

I think you know my little workshop but I share those 2 shots.(are a little bit old, now there are 24 coils each and some minor changes)i use the downstairs room to repair and for some extrastorage.

1 Like

My workshop. Spacious and easy access to repair machines

1 Like

Ancient Egypt did use glass :slight_smile:

Just reading about it, they were the first to make stained glass it seems too, pretty cool

3 Likes

nice last week i saw documentary about the “Baghdad batteries” apparently they had batteries as well lol so my powercoils will fit into the design :smile:

Egyptians invented glass, but they didn’t have clear glass (that came around the 1500s) and float glass like the signs wasn’t invented until the 1950s although blown plate was invented in the 17th century.

1 Like

Ah yeah cloudy glass, and they made stained glass or an early version of it… Glass tinting in game soon? That would be good. Could even make the glass cloudy then with a white tint!

1 Like