Need to start new ! Fresh Start!

As i see so many things are new in the game, I wanna start new, like totally fresh and as far as i know i think im in australian server so i would like to switch to asian server if possible ! Anyone help?

1 Like

Currently there’s no asian server.

We have US EAST, US WEST, EU CENTRAL and AUSTRALIA servers.

For the moment characters can’t be reset, with a future update there will be the option to create characters.

2 Likes

I have latency lag so should i change servers?

I believe @Scratchnwiff plays from Hong Kong? He could further help you maybe.

2 Likes

ok thanks will ask him, btw how do i check my ping or which server i am? Are there any commands ?

1 Like

Press “.” twice and in the right corner above should tell you your information. The server (planet) should be noted above in the middle.

US EAST Solum, Epsilo, Vulpto
US WEST Berlyn, Elopor, Nasharil
EU CENTRAL Therka, Septerfon, Munteen VII
AUSTRALIA Vena V, Andooweem, Alturnik

4 Likes

@Ruri-Chan hey there, have you tried travelling to other worlds? I started out on Vena V which is on the Australian server but have since moved to Elopor, a US West server without any issues.

What planet are you on, btw? If you find the portal network on that planet you could try visiting other planets to see if your lag improves. If u need help finding one, we can organize a time and I’ll take you to various planets for a quick test.

5 Likes

thanks for that!

Im on vena, forgot to mention in the pm sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are in Asia, it pretty much depends on which part of Asia you are at. Have a look at this map of the undersea cable link up and decide for yourself where you think the best ping will be at. Best ping is achieved via the shortest link between 2 points.

1 Like

@Ruri-Chan Welcome :slight_smile:

You can use this page to test your ping to actual US and EU servers http://www.cloudping.info/ (not all listed options are available in Boundless, so look US and EU results).

EU has around 200 ping which is the lowest!
Now while im playing the game i frequently get unable to connect!

Im from India!

I’m having the same ping to US-West and I play from Serbia, Europe, so it should work fine if you play on EU servers (Therka, Munteen, Septerfon). You can do a few things to setup game better, in setting there is Max Chunk Download Rate, you should put this to smaller value like 2mb, and setup chunk cache as much as you can 2gb should be fine (that’s space on disk that will be used for caching chunk data).

Also connection issues are happening during the day, so having a few bumps here and there is not a big issue, if it’s unplayable maybe try in other time of the day.

AUS server is pretty much SEA server, only 8-10 ms ping difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did those changes on setting @Spoygg thanks!, @Talathel if there was any singapore server it would make much more difference in the ping, hope they get asia servers!

They have. AUS server is max 1200 kilometer away, i think EU server is about 3000 kilometer away from India :smiley:

But still AUS lags idk why!

AU has notoriously bad internet connection with the rest of the world. It’s not all about the distance, there is also the state of their connection to the world in general.

3 Likes

Yea, i guess cuz all the other games AUS server lags like hell!

1 Like