New ExoPlanet Multi-Dimensional Type

Well, this one is from a really cute lil’ game… if you wanna go all like The Little Prince’s planet here… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Small like the Kai’s planet on Dbz. Lol

1 Like

What if you made them tier 8 planets. With an aspect of war centered. Meaning only those in parties can gather resources because you need to take turns protecting and gathering. It would create a super neat interaction between players almost like a military squad with survey and extraction orientation.

You could also introduce titans on these planets as lore, they awaken from the user actions, meaning after a % of the blocks are destroyed and harvested, then the world titan awakens and protects its remaining home, angered by the defiant oortians that bring destruction to its lands.

An epic battle ensues and many people are needed to take it down. If it is defeated then abundance of oort or other resources is given to each participant that put damage on the titan.

This would be amazing interaction between people. It would create loose lore. And it would create a step series of progressions for in game events. This would I think be quite interesting and bring more people in.

So for example if you make a concrete world. Yeah it’s made of concrete, but after enough damage to the world is temporarily done, then it becomes a world under attack, war begins, and the titan must be brought low to continue. @james

Edit: this would boost economic consumption of items, provide an abundance of hard to get items for temporary times, and provide dynamic content for real social interaction.

This would also allow you to set up for introducing new creatures, new gear, weapons, resources. So many possibilities if this comes to be in game.

Players will need more varied gear for fighting titans and tier 8 creatures. You can bring in the groundbasher or the worm thing as a start. Creatures in hiding.

So many cool things.

And they can spread to our planets if we fail to stop them

Edit: ultimately allowing for a player dichotomy to form
You’ll have bigger forges form (maybe guild large organizations)
You’ll have farmers and builders still
You’ll then produce a huge sink on resources fueling the economy big time
And it will give fighters a way to really get into things, diving into titans, more varied creatures, allowing gatherers and fighters to work together.

One simple way make planets more “Dimensional” without making rarer resources easily farmable would be to possibly switch up block layers.

• Imagine a world where all its rock is replaced by dirt blocks; where shovels are needed instead of hammers.

• Imagine a world where all dirt blocks are replaced by mold and all the grass blocks replaced with sponge blocks, with giant mushrooms everywhere.

• Or even a world where all the liquids are replaced with air, creating a dry, desolete wasteland.

Basically, replacing common blocks with other common blocks can lead to exotic terrain generation without destroying the economy.

2 Likes

How? All you’d need to do is bring a shovel with you instead of a hammer and just shovel until you find the rare resource. This changes nothing :frowning:

I will say as neat as this sounds it’s a concept that would be better used in a single-player game. No matter how difficult it is to reach these special exos if you add anything valuable to them as a common material I’d imagine they’d be strip-mined within the day if not sooner.

What would be the problem with a loot pinata planet maybe once a month? elevated rates would be ok it seems if it werent an all the time thing… if it were constant then it would likely be an issue. Seems like a great way to get groups of people together. Make it hard to endure so team work has to be used. making atmosphere pies on the go because ‘storms’ bring on higher atmospheric toxicity levels… you’d need bakers and brewers on hand to help the gatherers work through the storms… the loot pinata effect could only be appreciated during those times of increased atmospheric volatility.

Any ores inside these special exos would not be any easier to get, it would just require a different tool, adding variation to the gathering process.

As long as the blocks are replaced with other common natural blocks it should not impact the economy any more then normal exos do currently.

My interpretation of this is a world where things like gravel could be replaced with silver, sand replaced with marble, etc. Especially when you consider the below.

I don’t think this is talking about making mountains of out sand or anything like that.

Im well aware of what james said, my suggestion was an alternative one that could solve both issues; adding variation without ruining the economy.

My apologies for misunderstanding then, I thought you just wanted to add a layer of sand over endless rare resources and call that good.

If it is about balancing one option could excessive durability drain of tools on resourceful worlds, drain excessive skill points that some players have, make it “hardcore” world where people can warp once and and have phased lifespan and skills are set to zero requiring leveling in world until escape :smiley:

1 Like

We already go and gather thousands of gleam even if it’s not the easiest set-up.

So once in a month probably won’t work unless we make it harder to get resources.

What if there were a new, special tool that you had to craft & take with you to collect the resources from these planets? (In the same way, you have to have a Gleambow totem to collect active Gleambow meteor items)

This special tool could have a rapid wear rate, or cause a high energy drain rate, maybe a slow-down debuff as you collect more items…

Those are way too small!

“wasn’t there a new exo?”
“yeah but DK completely mined it”

:rofl:

3 Likes

Overall I’m totally ok with having difficult things to do, I know a lot of people here hate difficulty and want everything easy but that gets boring quickly.

1 Like

Either the tool would require expensive ingredients, in which case the argument could be made that the rich easily get richer while the poor miss out. Or the tool requires baseline ingredients, in which case the concern over economy-breaking remains.

Feels like these kinds of worlds should remain out of reach of the general play worlds and wait for modable rented worlds where people can make whatever wonky stuff they want IMO, especially since they’ve already announced that these worlds will not be able to connect to the main universe.

Oh I thought that I suggested regarding the more damaging atmosphere that could show up randomly, and that’s when you could see more resources available.

For example, during a radioactive snow storm, perhaps increase yield of x or y resource while the storm is active, but it would have to be higher than current skills account for.

Something that’s only doable by getting a group together and making use of several skill sets which would require several active people around to help combat. At the end of the day, the resources/profit would need to be split evenly amongst the group as a few people would be gathering the resources while the rest did the protective measures to keep the gatherers alive.

What I was thinking of is vastly different than what I’ve read about gleam farming. Maybe I can not explain it clearly, which is fine.

It’s less a question of difficult and more a concern with those who have the means to reach special worlds like these flooding the market and breaking the economy.

If they wanted to push out difficult content then I think hunters and titans would be top of the list :stuck_out_tongue:

If this were the case, it would already be happening with the current Exo planets. There are resources that can only be obtained on T7 Exos.

Any player can reach any exo with a few skill points in the right place. (there are free shuttle rides every day)