New ExoPlanet Multi-Dimensional Type

Is it not already happening with current Exo planets? Most shops I see selling rift and the like are decked out in the stuff in terms of decorations. But the average player I’ve seen in the past barely has gem tools, let alone rift and umbris and blink to spare on decking out their shops.

And skill points and free shuttle rides don’t mean too much if you don’t have a top notch forged tool and the timing/availability of your ride to get there, especially when competing against folks using the addon that lets them see rare materials through other blocks :slight_smile:

You can use iron and/or titanium tools if you want to. You don’t have to have or use gem tools.

If someone wants rift, they go harvest it or buy it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not arguing that the means of getting there are out of reach to average players. I apologize since I’m rereading my post and that’s indeed what it sounds like I’m saying.

I’m arguing that they’re more out of reach for the bottom 50% than for those with materials to spare. If I go there with an unforged iron hammer and someone else goes there with a 3x3 1 shot rift hammer it doesn’t take a genius to see who will come out with more stuff. And that’s just for goo, umbris, blink, etc. If you take a world and make the majority of it iron, or marble, or refined wood, or whatever, the same rules will apply. It’ll just serve as a way for the rich to get richer.

There will always be players that have played a game before you did, craft more items, collect more resources, can put more time into the game, level faster, etc. I don’t think there’s any way to prevent this from happening in any game.

Edit to add…all players have to start from level one and work their way up :wink::grin:

armorlevel1

6 Likes

It’s endgame content :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Exactly! And that’s why you need to add more difficult areas that lure older players.

This can allow newbies to focus on low level tier gathering and sell those things to older players.

4 Likes

yet they wont because the higher tier planets have the lower tier materials, things like copper and iron should be less common on those higher tier planets maybe even to the point of not existing.

You’re completely correct. This is a fresh forum account but I’ve backed the game for years at the master level. Several things happened that really, really killed this game for me.

The game was released to backers before the official launch. However, this was not actively publicized nor was there much time between the announcement and the soft launch to allow for the news to spread. So those who were most active on the forums got the biggest leg up by using…

Bomb mining. This method allowed the early backers to acquire hundreds of gems. And then right as the real launch happened and normal folks worked their way into bomb mining the method was nerfed into the ground. So now folks had to mine the intended way unless they had…

Special add-ons. By all reports on these forums there are folks running programs that allow them to have the coordinates of any resource they want. And Wonderstruck never condemned the usage of this code (which would have at least personally helped even though folks said there’s nothing they can do on the server side to prevent this client side code).

If y’all really want exos that are just one giant ball of iron, silver, gems, whatever, then go forth to do it. Those who enjoy the atmosphere, pacing, look, and play style of building and whatnot will remain but if there’s a sudden influx of materials and prices drop drastically and folks don’t really have anything to work towards because everyone can get everything whenever they want (especially with the chrysominter thing giving constant cash) then I fear the population will likely drop even lower.

I’m just here until animal crossing releases :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Gave up long ago trying to compete, just wanted to offer my 2 cents :kissing_heart:

The atlas or third-party stuff?
If the latter, can someone link me a copy? I want it too, lol.

1 Like

I don’t know, copper and iron have been increasing in price. Seems like not everyone likes to use good hammers just for iron and copper, this would be a great chance for new palyers to get coin

This is exactly it. We need something for progression so seasoned players have new experiences that they crave in order to want to stick around and be active. Just like any long game, you need replayability for those at the end, but can provide a much needed player base.

Edit: even though there is no technical end game, people have a perception of what end game is and look to be a part of it.

It is needed.

2 Likes

I do get the point you are making though…we definitely don’t want to make new players feel like they are left out. I don’t think adding new planet types would do that. It would give them more things to look forward to, once they have a little more experience playing the game.

Titans will definitely be a big deal :+1:

1 Like

This is the first time I heard about this lol

1 Like

Make the planet completely covered in lava with a single small landmass made of common blocks. Over the lava place random blocks ranging from common to rare. Placement should be single blocks spaced 15 blocks from any other block at 4 block above the surface of the lava. Allow regen.