New gleam club level with plot bonus during membership?

New gleam club level with plot bonus during membership? What kind of plot bonus would be up to the community and the developers to agree upon. This plot bonus would only be good during the time that the person is a member so each time you level up and are an active gleam Club level 2 member you would get the pot bonus. When your membership was up you would no longer get the plot bonus and it would return to what it was before. This plot bonus would be available to all players no matter what plot bonus if any they have. This plot bonus would stack with whatever plot bonus you have already thus allowing every player backer or not to benefit from this.

This would allow the developers to have an additional income stream and allow the players that wish to take advantage of this the opportunity to do so. Pricing and the actual plot bonus like I said would have to be something to developers would have to determine.

What do you all think?

Please no, just no.
Not another chinese game bussiness model VIP1 VIP2 VIP3 …

5 Likes

First problem is what happens to the bonus plots if the GC lapses? Do the last plots you claimed regen, or random plots? Or do your plots stay but you cannot plot anything else until you make up the difference?

3 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

Strong no from me, even as a GC member.

3 Likes

Imagine people already with 1000s of plots. They’d buy planets and nothing left for new players

I personally think GC should only be for cosmetics, pets, exclusive block packs, private planets/moons/regions, and things like that. I don’t think it should be tied to plots at all :woman_shrugging:

I understand the point of expiring beacons, but I think it interrupts/ruins the gameplay for a lot of people and prevents others from playing BL over other similar games.

8 Likes

Did i just read pets… yes i would like to order one lazy turtle

6 Likes

But majorvex, that is no moon!

2 Likes

I do feel GC needs something to sweetin the deal, I will be keeping it reguradless but a few more could help fund the game which is what I think we all want and can support the idea of.

I don’t know that bonus plots are the right course, and I bought the explorer’s edition which says it comes with a +10% bonus to plots, but I’m not sure if I have ever actully gotten extra plots as it is currently.

I agree with @majorvex that cosmetics, bonus areas, or pets would be better for GC. I do think that some of these things make sense to be just purchasable for cubits too though, like a pet that follows you around and lets you store things with them would be nice.

How about if gleam club just gave a set amount of resources a month. An itty bitty box of gems and ores and glands. 10-20ish each.

Be a neat thing for people that don’t get around much aside from their base and encourage exploration more as to where they could get those items regularly.

I could see that being more useful than a plot bonus. It’s a very small amount of players that build in such excess that a plot bonus makes sense for.

The plot bonus would only be active during your membership. The place that you earn during your membership would of course remain yours. The only difference at the end of your membership would be is that your plot bonus will return to what it was before the plots that you earned with the bonus would still be yours

So why not just flat purchase cubits to buy plots? A person gains more plots for their money, and you’re not forcing players to buy GC to get the most plots from their cubits/actual money.

1 Like

The bonus is always applied to your total plots, that’s why you retroactively get the full bonus to all plots when you buy the Deluxe Edition later for example.
But that also means you can’t keep earned bonus plots when your bonus is taken away.
So I guess, in case you used them all, you would go negative and would have to earn plots again or free up plots to clear the debt before you can place new plots again.

Gleam club bonus…choose the color of the fire on your beacons…

3 Likes

Here’s the problem I have with this. Oortian backer pledgers already get 200% plot bonus. Not trying to have a go at you @krasniy but it sure seems you just want to be able to get more plots out of your Cubits as possible. I don’t blame you. Everyone in the game could have plots rained down on them and it still wouldn’t be enough. I think the current rate you can get them for free is perfectly fine and you always have the option to buy them with cash; which is also perfectly fine.

I don’t think there’s any plot bonus amount that would be okay since it directly begins to skirt the fine line of P2W territory that a lot of others probably are concerned about. There are people who currently play this game who have deep financial pockets compared to the rest of the player base. I don’t think I would really feel all that motivated to leave my hiatus and start seriously playing again if Gleam Club started giving 50, 75, or even 100% plot bonus or any for that matter. It would mean someone without an original early backer title and pledge package could just start dropping crazy cash to get Cubits after getting a cheap Gleam Club memebership to start getting thousands of plots. To then in turn claim very large swaths of land on single worlds or even newly spawned ones.

Given that we have settlement buffer zones for beacons, it would make claiming and reserving very large swaths of land very easy to do. It makes beaconing resource hot spots even more cheap now than it was before.

So for someone like me who buys Gleam Club on a regular basis just so I don’t have to fuel my stuff all the time, then I am going to have to hard pass on this one. I’d rather have cosmetic wings of various creature types or Wildstock hooves for cosmetic feet than ever getting more plots out of those Umbris plot coffers.

1 Like

You can see it if you inspect character(s) info believe it says plots you have “bought” and behind it it says between ( ) +10% and plots you actually have.

No, just no. Agree with majorvex but no to “GC plots”.

I am GC owner to and have the +10% but you have never enough plots. That is the point if you want more plots buy them. Spend some money to get cubits. Or just work for the cubits.

1 Like

Generally plot bonus itself was a bit odd addition… cause as said theres people with 200% bonus… and theres too many ways to “cookiecut” the leveling process.

Atm theres i feel too much lower level planets consider playerbase.

1 Like

More cosmetics in the store that are not just head gear would do this quite nicely, there is really no reason to tamper with gleam club.

I am sure they could make a modest amount by selling cosmetic armor parts in the store, which nearly everybody seems to want.

1 Like