New lightning is dope !!!

17 Likes

Beautiful, keep 'em coming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I like new lighting beautiful works :slight_smile:

1 Like

everything look kind of glossy :smiley: so nice XD

1 Like

I love the new lighting. I am SURE that others will hate it but what can you do.

Awesome job on the changed lighting DEVS!

1 Like

The new lighting is so beautiful ALTHOUGH. On PS4 it is SO dark. Even with lighting around a build, I’m struggling to run around without a loot stick. I can definitely see there being some changes needing to this! :grimacing:

3 Likes

My base has gone absolutely dark lol, but i kind of like it. Fits my mad scientist theme more. And ice looks way better now too

2 Likes

it is really dark and it feels like that i need glasses if i read the signs

Personally white isn’t bright enough. Not happy with how a few of my places look now.

(Photo for reference)

I feel as though the “drop off” of light is a lot more square which is maybe causing the light to not travel aswell in builds etc.

Perhaps a tweak to that so it was gradual like before would fix lighting issues.

3 Likes

It’s dark on both. The dark blocks absorb way to much light. It was already bad before but now it’s waaaay to much. I love all else thought. Oh man check out mcribs shallow water! I’ll post it

Yep. Still a few tweaks required. The brightness really depends on your monitor / display / TV.

Looks like we may have balanced it a little bit too dark for the average display.

Just need to decide if we tweak the balance or expose an option for players to tweak themselves.

14 Likes

i tested some shadow and dark version of the gleam colors. and in the dark rooms they are literally non existing. like there was no gleam at all. :frowning: everything else is superb tough !!! :slight_smile: just need to tone down the dark blocks light absorbing :slight_smile:

I think an added option for tweaking the brightness ourselves would be a good option. I’m playing on a PS4 Pro with a 4K screen and it is very dark

6 Likes

i would prefare to choose setting myself :slight_smile: and i think most of ppl will want this option :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here. Way too dark. I may have to turn up the brightness on my tv while playing this game and back down for everything else

2 Likes

Ok now I’m at my base, holy moly it’s all so blurry. Like this is messed up. It’s making me a bit dizzy. I get like this with certain lighting in stores. The signs are very blurry, my interior to can’t even see my blue metamorphic rocks which should be lite being how much gleam I have. Oh man this is not good. I retract my previous statement. The light needs to travel a bit further.

…and now my workshop is too!

I’ll just have to adapt a bit, which is to be expected… and I am seriously loving every minute of it. :laughing:

The lighting truly is brilliant. Really looking forward to playing around with this more; well done!

4 Likes