New lighting

I just ran home for lunch to forge a water breaker and ended up wandering around my lair looking at things and gasping “ohh my Bob”.
the new lighting is amazing! I love the darkness and how the blocks look so so good!
best update ever!

2 Likes

to me it looks amazing, the gleam got its shine back, everything is more ambient lighting. looks great!

6 Likes

Changed my display settings on my tv.

contrast 90
Brightness 90
For me that is soooo much better as temporary measure

2 Likes

I tend to disagree. The overall amount of lighting seemed ok for more or less everyone before regardless of PC and PS4 and all the varieties of monitors and TV’s being used. Now its too dark for a great many people.
I’m loving the improved visuals now but as with most others the lighting is way too dark. Even with a grapple with lighting on I’m struggling to see things well in many places.

Place looks beautiful!

Thanks for this update! I like the differences in light! I think the Gleam signs are better! I do not understand why some say that ws seems unclear / blurry? I find the font clearer than before!

The color black devours everything now! If you take these as floor, you urgently need lamps now! But other stones are brighter!

also a nice thing: if you open doors where it is very bright - light the other room as long as the door is open !!

Greetings - Akuji

2 Likes

The game looks so amazing now Im just lost for words.

1 Like

The new lighting is freaking amazing, my guildmate sent me screenshots of my builds with the new update and holy ■■■■ amazing!!!

1 Like

@james could we maybe get some stands with built-in illumination and maybe some glass shelving that won’t absorb light?
pedastl

45KX57_AA01

Kinda dark for now:

4 Likes

Before

After

wow thats a huge change

2 Likes

I’m gonna add more gleam see if I can brighten it up.
It’s white wood with cool tan foliage. So I guess it’s more true to the actually colour. But kinda lost its magic during the day especially. The daylight washes out all other light sources.

1 Like

forget what I wrote! … I did not see the last picture!

I REALLY don’t like this kind of lighting… It’s too bright…

Okay, now this is treason! But That red in the bottom is truly beautiful.

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to add more gleam. The teal seems pretty bright. So I’m going to add some in the blue. Or just more blue. There’s nothing I can do about the daytime unless I change all the foliage to the colours of the gleam and fade them from one colour to the next. But I’m probably better off building a new tree all together. Hahaha. Oh well.

With the tinter though… this could actually be done maybe a lot easier, right?

Maybe adding a few gleam lanterns of that color might help with them being brighter too.

I really, really have mixed feelings about the lighting currently.

In my lowest basement it kinda looks great but the light is rather squarish. Marble, except black, looks kinda like it’s ice or soaking wet all the time, not a fan of it anymore. Most of the lighting changes are for the better tho! Seen some views near my workshop and now it’s even more beautiful than before.

So I suppose a little tweaking here and there is in order and it will be all good!!

Also signs seem a bit fuzzy now, the text I mean, especially in my shops under certain angles it’s like it renders in a lower resolution. Tho I suppose that since the text is emitting light the fuzziness is caused by that…

2 Likes

6 Likes

It’s not just PS4 I’m getting it too and I’m on the pc my place gone extra dark underground especially :anguished: