New PvP Poll

If there was a way to add PvP to the game without adding inconvenience to people who would not want it. Keeping Pvp in marked areas or worlds.

• Yes I would like some PVP
  • No thank you.

0 voters

3 Likes

The way this question is phrased the only possible objection someone could respond with is ā€œIā€™d rather the devs focus on something elseā€ Iā€™m pretty sure anyway :joy:

11 Likes

More than pvp areas, maybe option to have duels or guildwars.

Duels would be like adding some one as a friend you interact with him and ask for a duel, if he accepts then a counter shows up and the duel begins when it hits 0.

Guildwars could be for bigger group events, letā€™s say 2 guild executives or leaders meet and request a war. Then anyone on the guild can pvp against the other guild. Duration and rules can be tweaked depending on what we need/like :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If itā€™s opt in and doesnā€™t restrict items/colours to being in a PVP area, then I have absolutely no problem with some form of PVP being added.

9 Likes

With the current developments, if there is to be any pvp, I would like to see it confined to servers separate from the main universe.

People that want it can set it up however they want, people that donā€™t can ignore it completely.

4 Likes

Concur I do

4 Likes

Duels could be like that in the main universe. There is no need to make an exclusive space

3 Likes

Personally, I would rather there not be direct pvp (in the sense Iā€™m assuming the OP is intending) in the main mmo at all.

Its one of the things that attracted me to Boundless and kept me playing longer than Iā€™ve played any other game.

Private planets, a different game mode, etc, fine, itā€™s not going to affect me or the main universe.

But it will in the main mmo, even if it is ā€˜opt inā€™ or confined to certain areas, inevitably things will change to accommodate the pvp side.

Why would you object to it being outwith the main mmo, for example on servers only, or a different game mode?

2 Likes

Not something Iā€™m interested in but not something Iā€™m opposed to either so long as itā€™s done in a way that doesnā€™t restrict those that donā€™t want to engage in the activity. I donā€™t really like the idea of seperate planets or even beacons for that matter as I see them easily being used to troll or block off huge areas. Perhaps something similar to the friend request that then allows those that want to kill and loot each other.

Because I dont see any way a duel will breake the main universe.

We just need:

1. Option to block duel invitations.
  2. A way to send duel invitations.

And thats it, just enable ally damage during the duel. You die and its the end of it.

You dont want anything to do with duels? Just block all invitations. Thats how the shop scanner works.

Edit:

Maybe for things like guild wars, having an outside arena or world dedicated to the battle would be nice.

1 Like

This poll is carefully worded to garner apparent support for some sort of pvp mechanism.

Still it canā€™t go two responses without someone raving about duel spam and fight clubs.

You are talking about opt-out PVP. Iā€™m not looking for that and not having it is part of why i selected boundless to play in the first place. If you need to run around and start fights, there are plenty of games for that.

4 Likes

Sadly, people still do that in Boundless - But this isnā€™t the thread for that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I would much rather they fix the PvE combat system and add on to that until it is near flawless before they enable PvP, Then and only then I would support them adding PvP into the game, Preferably in a toggle style system, Only players who mark themselves as PvP enabled can damage each other. Players who are not marked for PvP can not be damaged or damage other players or otherwise interact or be interacted by PvP enabled players in any combat related wayā€¦

I do not really want to see PvP marked areas/zones/beacons, as there is room for shenanigans for such things that would become a problem real fast.

I do not really want to see PvP enabled worlds, because then you are adding worlds to the system that some players just can not enjoy or use,

Therefore I feel a toggle system on the Character is the best way to add PvP in to the game as that should have very little to no impact on Anti-PvP players. If you do not want to ever touch or be touched by PvP, then you simply donā€™t enable the toggle.

3 Likes

What about snowball fight duels? No one dies, you just hit 7 embarrassment or whatever and you lose.

5 Likes

If they added pvp in any form, it would be a totally unique experience. I could play this game for a hundred years and never feel the need for pvp, but Iā€™ll always support them adding some form of it.

What interests me most is the wide range of attributes and skills that are unique to boundless and how character builds would develop. Grappling skills, long jump, double jump, run speed, action speed- so many abilities would affect this and the science and art of it would be intriguing.

There would be builds surrounding a duel-style PvP. I am very into that. I love arenas and stadiums and have been dying for some kind of competition to create one for. And just for spirited competition of any kind, not necessarily fighting to kill.

I just mentioned duel-style snowball fights. If you could set them to auto-decline so that the only thing about the game that changes for you is the extra option in the menu and occasionally seeing two people hopping around throwing snowballs at each other, is there really a downside?

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in a pvp mode that you could set to designated areas via beacons, where people would have to also consent to pvp activities. Iā€™m very much interested in making battle arenas for guild vs guild games.

3 Likes

My objection is that I do not want to see new relevant recipes locked behind PvP, and I do not want to see weapon nerfs in the main universe d/t pvp crybabies.

3 Likes

I put No because I want other game things and PVP is not of any interest to me currently. If it was a major update I would be more interested in other content they could put out.

However, if it was another planet ( like they are doing in testing with creative) and was on a separate universeā€¦then yea I wouldnā€™t care.

So many combat updates needed first though.

3 Likes

I just dont feel like pvp fits boundlessā€™s branding right now.

3 Likes

Hmm, currently 52-48%ā€¦

Now where have I seen a poll result like that beforeā€¦

Iā€™m sure it resulted in a calm, rational discussion though!

1 Like