New PvP Poll

I agree with this, but I don’t think that anyone is claiming that everyone does not want pvp.

Only that there is a significant enough number of people to ensure that it is carefully thought about before anything is implemented.

1 Like

WHY you want pvp here? to see who got better build or better forged weapon? who avoiding quicker or jump higher? if you want to boost your ego - maybe boundless isnt for you? for sure here is a better way to show that you are best - just make what boundless is made for?

2 Likes

I would be happy with a pvp game mode, I suspect many others would too.

But there seems to be lots of voices looking for it to be somehow fitted into the main mmo :man_shrugging:

People will hate you anyways, every time some one starts building and gaining prestige it’s called a prestige war.

We could have snowball fights right now and it would be fun, nothing to do with ego, just another way to have fun.

1 Like

That is greatly reducing your definition of “people you know” just to prove your and Orrian’s point from the other thread.

Unfortunately the poll wasn’t using the same question and actually was using a very leading question slated to improve the results in favor of PVP. So it shows that in a year some adjustments have been made but doesn’t prove what was the underlying intent of the poll - a very thinly veiled attempt to be “right” in response to my post: So what happened on Eresho - #195 by Xaldafax

The narrative was never that. If you look at what I said in my other post (linked above) I used the word “majority” and not “everyone.” No one was ever dealing with absolutes here. Also once you get into any of the context the clear majority has always been that IF it happens it should be isolated or not be forced.

Further more the attempt to try to FORCE PVP via Settlement Annexation, Prestige stealing, and other weaponization has always been frowned on by many people. In the other post the context was about annexation being used as a PVP situation. So changing the topic with a new poll and trying to declare victory really proves nothing. People don’t like conflict systems in public worlds that take over their name or cause problems between people. Pushing the PVP agenda in that area just causes more problems for everyone. Most people wouldn’t care for your PVP in isolated areas.

I don’t see how it ruins any work or it cannot be added. There are plenty of ways to link them and not cause one bit of problems. People shouldn’t hide in fear from creative mode on the public universes.

Same would apply for pvp, but here we are arguing with each other

It’s practice for if we ever get PVP.

“Fight me.”

“No.”

“Fight me take the duel invite / come to the arena.”

“No.”

“C’mon fight me it’s just for fun.”

“No go away.”

“Fight me are you a ***?? Fight me.”

“No I don’t do that go find someone else to fight.”

“!#$% #$%#$% FIGHT #$%#$% ME #$%#$%#”

another player gets blocked

Ready for another free weekend ? :rofl:

Also merry christmas it’s raining :palm_tree:

1 Like

Xalda… People want PVP in the game…NOT open world PVP, but what the heck is wrong with Arenas? Where BOTH parties MUST click to participate in the arena contest…and that ends when either 1 of them is defeated, or one of them withdraws from the designated beacon perimeter? MAKE it a non-death like in many of the MMOs where the one player automatically concedes if that seems better.

BUT people do enjoy these sort of things… and if I do not want to PVP in these area contests I do not have to ever… why disallow this activity.

Here is one idea of an arena contest… Snowfall fight…except only the players are snowball fighting!

Want another??

Ok… 5 teams inhabit an old fortress… each player has 5 lives… last team with surviving player wins after a 60 second timer is elapsed!!!
BUT there is something else… when a player loses their 5th life, a HUNTER type creature spawns…so as the players are eliminated with their 5th death you will soon have a 6th team on the prowel of NPCs. IF that last player cannot manage to survive the requisite 60 seconds, ALL are losers.

Use your imagination… and each arena can have an area that is a safe observation deck so everyone can enjoy.

3 Likes

I built things to remodel them a dozen times :joy:

Isn’t that right @morey523 @LunaLynn

2 Likes

PVP like that…yeah no thanks.

The arena/contest idea though is a completely different opportunity…read my thread just before this one…under that system it could be fun

1 Like

I would like a quest kiosk… you provide the fuel (materials), fuel is consumed whenever someone completes the quest, you get exp whenever someone does your quest and they get the quest reward (coins, items, whatever).

like it…but offtopic…seriously think you should make this a new post in suggestions though think a lot of people would support including me

1 Like

I voted no even though I love PVP.I’d be that one alliance member with war mode on in wow. But PVP rarely helps communities and generally creates a more toxic environment regardless if the game is designed around PVP or not. If the feature was added I would use it but I’m hoping they don’t. I could be convinced of arena type games if they were player built and PVP was turned on with the player and the Beacon

2 Likes

PVP being added would make brand new things to do. Massive battlefields with teams battling. You could make a castle and literately stand guard and protect it. This is an MMO, MMOs mostly have pvp combat.

I dont understand why the thought of having areas for people to enjoy pvp. Why so scary to people who would have the option to stay away.

Dodge Bombs is very fun yes. But very limited.

4 Likes

Yes it would be fun I’d definitely enjoy it but people don’t like dying and especially if the die to a human player possibly taunting them behind another computer screen. Some people don’t care but a lot do. There’s also complexities of implementation. Is it free for all. How are rules set in place. Crystal ball tells me a few people with decked out gear will dominate the masses who are just trying to get involved. I’d be happy to be proved wrong though and open to ideas. I like your idea of defend the castle. Also dodge bombs is great idea too. This might be easier to implement once we have different races and factions. But then I’d rather them focus on dungeons, Titans, world color palettes.

1 Like

Well you would need a PVP skill page. Add more skills. Add more gear. I get taunted often and PVP isnt even in the game. That would be nothing new. This game already has secret shadow alliances battling for control under everyone’s noses wither anyone know it or not.

The ability to maybe set of battle grounds for team and capture the flag matches would be so much fun. The developers are not going to build things for us. They add new building blocks and functions that we must figure out how to use and create new things to do.

1 Like

Current poll is 53% against, 47% for at 97 votes. If the next 3 votes all vote for, it will be 51% against and 49% for at 100 votes taken. Taking into consideration that this forum community is I microcosm of the total boundless population, it’s likely fair to give this poll a 5-10% margin of error +/- either way.

That’s easily the most evenly split pole I have ever seen on this board! I feel like while pvp is not entirely off the table, there are surely other paths that could be pursued that would have far greater player approval. Its possible that after some refinement in other areas of the game like pve combat, dungeons, and other interactive systems, a future pole could swing dramatically either direction.

1 Like

lol… nah. Really trying to sensationalize things huh?

I am all for capture the flag mechanics and other PVP things years from now when the game has a more solid player base. Those liking PVP can go to their own worlds and be removed for the existing areas… Let them play with real PVP mechanics not hijacking settlement names, other’s prestige, and weaponizing plots, etc to push out casual players from the public worlds.