New PvP Poll

I just had the same little moment with myself when I looked up the year it was made. Dammit.

1 Like

How about, Friendly fluffy non violent guild encounter.

Jokes aside, we already had guild encounters without pvp. And it’s been fun, like meteor league, or the recent bomb event.

Haven’t been here in a while. Been too busy playing other games that I’ve been getting more enjoyment out of lately.

Out of all the PvP threads that have been made… the only message I ever get from everyone spouting their opinion is: I don’t want to be forced into pvp.

Nobody has ever said that you will be. Very few people actually have said they don’t want pvp out right. This poll and poll question don’t really reflect that but if you go through all the posts in all the threads about PvP, that’s one of the big constant things people have said. At least this is me going off memory and we know how that sort of thing can go.

Besides, combat in this game is horrid anyways and PvP would need to be carefully looked at before it gets implemented. We have garbage and brain dead PvE right now. As much as I like the idea of PvP (I’d love to build some sort of arena), the PvE needs a complete overhaul IMO.

Another thing is, PvP isn’t always about players killing other players. We have some forms of PvP in the game right now but it, just like crafting recipes and items, isn’t enough. More variety of what players can do would help lend well in giving prospecting new players a reason to shell out money for the game (which is the largest barrier to entry into playing this game in the first place).

Whether people want to believe it or not PvP will bring more people to this game. It won’t be more blocks to build and craft with. It certainly won’t be new creatures to hunt and gather from. It definitely won’t be biomes either or new worlds. Having a lot of variety in the way you can PvP (I would wager even PvE as well since the two go hand in hand IMO) is what will do it.

Plus this game already has forced pvp on players anyways. It just isn’t glaring in your face all the time.

1 Like

Seems to me that after 100 or so votes you can make a couple assumptions…

1. The narrative the everyone does not want any form of PVP is FALSE. Currently PVP has a slight lead at 52.

2. This poll does not mean much other than to prove that despite some folks narrative there may very well be room for some limited pvp maybe arenas etc…look at the overwhelmingly Positive receptence of Icon’s new Bomb event as additional evidence.

So enough with the no one wants it position cuz that’s dead. Let’s move on to the how would we implemented in a limited fashion in the game such as arena contests…

3 Likes

It is showing the players are split 50/50 This brings something to talk about. Either decision 50% of the player base is left out. Is it possible to please both parties? How many new players would be interested in playing once PVP were to be added. Is it a higher number than the current % of new players starting every week? Maybe this question should be asked to people who have not played the game yet as well.

Would you try Boundless if it had PVP?

This new creative mode can not be added to current worlds as it would just ruin all the hard work people have been working on. So this game mode will need its own universe. Make it a PVE universe?

There may need to be 2 separate universes one day.

1 Like

This is the problem with offering binary choices like this.

I would hazard a guess that a significant number of yes and a significant number of no would be OK with some sort of middle ground.

Unfortunately all binary polls do is encourage those people with the views at either extreme to shout louder about it.

If my choice is pvp or no pvp, it will always be no pvp.

If there was options in the poll of some degrees of limited pvp, either opt-in, in certain areas, on particular worlds, or in a separate game mode, I may have been inclined to vote for one of those.

2 Likes

I agree with this, but I don’t think that anyone is claiming that everyone does not want pvp.

Only that there is a significant enough number of people to ensure that it is carefully thought about before anything is implemented.

1 Like

WHY you want pvp here? to see who got better build or better forged weapon? who avoiding quicker or jump higher? if you want to boost your ego - maybe boundless isnt for you? for sure here is a better way to show that you are best - just make what boundless is made for?

2 Likes

I would be happy with a pvp game mode, I suspect many others would too.

But there seems to be lots of voices looking for it to be somehow fitted into the main mmo :man_shrugging:

People will hate you anyways, every time some one starts building and gaining prestige it’s called a prestige war.

We could have snowball fights right now and it would be fun, nothing to do with ego, just another way to have fun.

1 Like

That is greatly reducing your definition of “people you know” just to prove your and Orrian’s point from the other thread.

Unfortunately the poll wasn’t using the same question and actually was using a very leading question slated to improve the results in favor of PVP. So it shows that in a year some adjustments have been made but doesn’t prove what was the underlying intent of the poll - a very thinly veiled attempt to be “right” in response to my post: So what happened on Eresho - #195 by Xaldafax

The narrative was never that. If you look at what I said in my other post (linked above) I used the word “majority” and not “everyone.” No one was ever dealing with absolutes here. Also once you get into any of the context the clear majority has always been that IF it happens it should be isolated or not be forced.

Further more the attempt to try to FORCE PVP via Settlement Annexation, Prestige stealing, and other weaponization has always been frowned on by many people. In the other post the context was about annexation being used as a PVP situation. So changing the topic with a new poll and trying to declare victory really proves nothing. People don’t like conflict systems in public worlds that take over their name or cause problems between people. Pushing the PVP agenda in that area just causes more problems for everyone. Most people wouldn’t care for your PVP in isolated areas.

I don’t see how it ruins any work or it cannot be added. There are plenty of ways to link them and not cause one bit of problems. People shouldn’t hide in fear from creative mode on the public universes.

Same would apply for pvp, but here we are arguing with each other

It’s practice for if we ever get PVP.

“Fight me.”

“No.”

“Fight me take the duel invite / come to the arena.”

“No.”

“C’mon fight me it’s just for fun.”

“No go away.”

“Fight me are you a ***?? Fight me.”

“No I don’t do that go find someone else to fight.”

“!#$% #$%#$% FIGHT #$%#$% ME #$%#$%#”

another player gets blocked

Ready for another free weekend ? :rofl:

Also merry christmas it’s raining :palm_tree:

1 Like

Xalda… People want PVP in the game…NOT open world PVP, but what the heck is wrong with Arenas? Where BOTH parties MUST click to participate in the arena contest…and that ends when either 1 of them is defeated, or one of them withdraws from the designated beacon perimeter? MAKE it a non-death like in many of the MMOs where the one player automatically concedes if that seems better.

BUT people do enjoy these sort of things… and if I do not want to PVP in these area contests I do not have to ever… why disallow this activity.

Here is one idea of an arena contest… Snowfall fight…except only the players are snowball fighting!

Want another??

Ok… 5 teams inhabit an old fortress… each player has 5 lives… last team with surviving player wins after a 60 second timer is elapsed!!!
BUT there is something else… when a player loses their 5th life, a HUNTER type creature spawns…so as the players are eliminated with their 5th death you will soon have a 6th team on the prowel of NPCs. IF that last player cannot manage to survive the requisite 60 seconds, ALL are losers.

Use your imagination… and each arena can have an area that is a safe observation deck so everyone can enjoy.

3 Likes

I built things to remodel them a dozen times :joy:

Isn’t that right @morey523 @LunaLynn

2 Likes

PVP like that…yeah no thanks.

The arena/contest idea though is a completely different opportunity…read my thread just before this one…under that system it could be fun

1 Like

I would like a quest kiosk… you provide the fuel (materials), fuel is consumed whenever someone completes the quest, you get exp whenever someone does your quest and they get the quest reward (coins, items, whatever).

like it…but offtopic…seriously think you should make this a new post in suggestions though think a lot of people would support including me

1 Like