New PvP Poll

I voted no even though I love PVP.I’d be that one alliance member with war mode on in wow. But PVP rarely helps communities and generally creates a more toxic environment regardless if the game is designed around PVP or not. If the feature was added I would use it but I’m hoping they don’t. I could be convinced of arena type games if they were player built and PVP was turned on with the player and the Beacon

2 Likes

PVP being added would make brand new things to do. Massive battlefields with teams battling. You could make a castle and literately stand guard and protect it. This is an MMO, MMOs mostly have pvp combat.

I dont understand why the thought of having areas for people to enjoy pvp. Why so scary to people who would have the option to stay away.

Dodge Bombs is very fun yes. But very limited.

4 Likes

Yes it would be fun I’d definitely enjoy it but people don’t like dying and especially if the die to a human player possibly taunting them behind another computer screen. Some people don’t care but a lot do. There’s also complexities of implementation. Is it free for all. How are rules set in place. Crystal ball tells me a few people with decked out gear will dominate the masses who are just trying to get involved. I’d be happy to be proved wrong though and open to ideas. I like your idea of defend the castle. Also dodge bombs is great idea too. This might be easier to implement once we have different races and factions. But then I’d rather them focus on dungeons, Titans, world color palettes.

1 Like

Well you would need a PVP skill page. Add more skills. Add more gear. I get taunted often and PVP isnt even in the game. That would be nothing new. This game already has secret shadow alliances battling for control under everyone’s noses wither anyone know it or not.

The ability to maybe set of battle grounds for team and capture the flag matches would be so much fun. The developers are not going to build things for us. They add new building blocks and functions that we must figure out how to use and create new things to do.

1 Like

Current poll is 53% against, 47% for at 97 votes. If the next 3 votes all vote for, it will be 51% against and 49% for at 100 votes taken. Taking into consideration that this forum community is I microcosm of the total boundless population, it’s likely fair to give this poll a 5-10% margin of error +/- either way.

That’s easily the most evenly split pole I have ever seen on this board! I feel like while pvp is not entirely off the table, there are surely other paths that could be pursued that would have far greater player approval. Its possible that after some refinement in other areas of the game like pve combat, dungeons, and other interactive systems, a future pole could swing dramatically either direction.

1 Like

lol… nah. Really trying to sensationalize things huh?

I am all for capture the flag mechanics and other PVP things years from now when the game has a more solid player base. Those liking PVP can go to their own worlds and be removed for the existing areas… Let them play with real PVP mechanics not hijacking settlement names, other’s prestige, and weaponizing plots, etc to push out casual players from the public worlds.

I like this community too much and worried that it could damage it but I admit this is speculation and not fact.
I already like Orrians ideas and they definitely would be fun. Although there are certain things I wish they would focus on first but I could get behind this if implemented correctly and people built cool games for players to participate in

1 Like

Deep state boundless? I dunno about you, but gems are only 10 Soros-bucks on the black market. Hillary Clinton’s pizza parlor has the best persisting pies prices too.

:exploding_head:

Lol that’s weird, I posted this in a different thread but it appeared here :joy:

Its a thread and post black hole…pulling everything in

1 Like

It doesnt matter what side has a 2% lead. The game in majority is split. We need two games.

Ok didnt want to get into this stuff today. Everyone have a good Holiday see you soon.

3 Likes

Now it turns out that asking if you would be willing for the game to have some PVP zones, such as arenas, duels …, which is what some players want where I include myself, is to manipulate the question. But ask if you want your inventory stolen, such as the question of the old PVP survey you used yourself as a reinforcement of your argument was not manipulation. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I dare you to show me where I have spoken on behalf of someone other than myself. I have never spoken on behalf of anyone else. I am not going to be an unelected representative of the community. I wonder who is it that begins to speak on behalf of a “majority” when we give our opinion… Trying to minimize our opinion?, I don’t know, but it’s what it seems.

I just said that I believe that if we had other means of PVP, there would not be so much hidden PVP. That’s it, after you tell me that nobody wants the PVP, we tell you that this is a lie, that many of them do want it and you take out the old survey. Summary of our conversation in that thread. xD

For my part, I have nothing more to say. The developers have enough information about the community to do the work they deem appropriate for their game. The rules of conduct are also clear between what can or cannot be done and the game has support to report abuse. Happy Holidays and Merry Oortmas!

That was not the summary of the other thread. Go get the context correct please in what that thread was about - settlement annexation and discussions on not liking it and PVP in that context.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you too (the name I dont dare try to spell while I am sick lol), and to everyone else reading this!!!

as for Xaldafax, dont be too hard on him…he is just passionately posting his positions on issues and it gets a little heated sometimes. We all just need to remember that no matter WHICH side we are on, at the end of the day we are ALL in this game together…

Xalda probably thinks I am a pain in the Ash-Can…and yeah I suppose I am…and I think things back at him… BUT let us hate Ideas, not on the person… sometimes we are all Guilty of forgetting that and Yes that Includes me… but let us not forget the goal is to make Boundless better…so I suppose maybe Xalda is one of those Titans…and this is a Clash of the Titans so the rest of us are too… No matter which side Win the day, the Best HOPE and Prayer we should all have is that BOUNDLESS, The Game WINS EVERYTIME!!!

God Bless you all!

4 Likes

Indeed, how well you have indicated in my appointment, what I call: “hidden PVP”

So, I do not understand you…

Edit: I call it hidden PVP because it’s called Viceroy, if it were called Emperor it would be direct PVP and in line with the publicity of the game.

We don’t need 2 Boundless games.

No two games, with two permanent planets that have nothing special in resources that affects the rest of the players. These two planets, let’s say they escape civilization.

-> In the normal Universe, where civilization reigns, we tended the will of the agreements, freedom and voluntariness, perhaps some way of organizing cities, with the election of mayors and everything that could be developed in that direction.

The other two planets:

-> One of PVE with Dungeons made by the community and approved by the team of developers, with something like the creator of the sanctuary, related to the Lore of the game.

-> Another PVP, which cannot create portals, just a kind of deformation different with other materials, special and unique to that planet. So you can’t get confused and unintentionally go to the PVP planet. The materials could be blood, corruption, Oort… The rules of this planet can also be decided, examples:

If it is about accepting duels, duels for training with a buff that you have no death, duels they were betting with a menu similar to when you trade p2p, gladiator sands, lava-themed sands, sports arenas, etc. I imagine, for example, as well as brainstorming that as soon as we enter the planet PVP we have a buff that does not allow us to die, it stays at 1 life. But if you accept duels and so on, the buff disappears and if you lose and die you return home. And you would have to repeat and come back. Then the beacons for the guilds that are there could be a blessing that affects that bluff. Maybeif, we can conquer beacons ?, I don’t know, there are many possibilities that can be explored.

This planet could even be deserted, like a planet desolated by an ancient war with nothing alive even. Just touch and ugly and decaying sand colors. In addition to not allowing beacons to become your home on these uncivilized planets.

I do not say that this is done soon, but if this will be a reality in the future I would be delighted.

Sorry for the huge text, but @Xaldafax in an attempt to understand what I personally would like the future of the game to be, I don’t want disputes, just the opposite. To me it is clear that the division of the community with respect to PVP is all about how the game has been announced, some of us not only come to build and trade, we also want emotion, fighting, and a player is more interesting than a machine and we already have the sweet in the mouth, which is this great game, its combat system is fast and good in my opinion, it can be polished, of course, it is very repetitive for example.

We love the game, we also want combat emotion, fast-paced fighting, a place to download emotions, more action.

I think that what I ask is easier to develop, and I would plant the perfect testing ground to improve the entire combat system in general, which is something requested. Once the dungeons have been created, for example, things that could be implemented later in the civilized world could be tested on the testing server and weapons that could be introduced in the future could be tested for quick examples.

Is this unacceptable to you? Does it affect you in something when we all win?
@Orrian , we don’t need two games with something like that, what do you think?

Edit: Sorry for the English translator ggl. :sweat_smile:

With the addition of the new creative mode servers I think adding pvp is the only way to keep the main servers populated. I’m sure many people will swear up and down that they will still find enjoyment in playing non creative mode, but the truth is sooner or later people will get tired of racing to exos for specific colours of blocks. Without pvp this game is just building for the sake of others and yourself visually, then why not create a city on creative servers where there is easy access to all colours.

I say pvp outside of plotted/reserved areas is needed.

2 Likes

Having a PVP area has never not been something I was totally against. I do not agree with PVP type actions or “hidden PVP” as you put it in the game as it stands now. I prefer non-conflict parts of the game and a healthy player base and working game models. Once all that stuff is working well, then we can expand out PVP areas for those that like that type of game components.

1 Like