New PvP Poll

Using Biitula as an example since I live there.

Arenas… good

Contests in a special beaconed area . Nokia fine.

Open world pvp free for all…No Way!

A special planet could be created or even a rental…but no only found their types of materials… pvp is fun times only

1 Like

Nor is it that I am in favor of “hidden PVP”. I only note one fact: the advertising used in this game attracts an audience that enjoys PVP. I do not say that everyone enjoys it, but part of the target market to those who have directed the publicity itself.

For this reason, from my opinion by pure observation in this and other games, there will still be undercover PVP until we have some other form of PVP. You may like it more or less, you will complain more or less, but it will not stop happening. The subject of the agreements will change and the conflict will arise for another mechanic. But anyway, we’ll see what happens in the future and what are the priorities and opinions of the developers, neither you nor I have the last word on this, it is not our job.

1 Like

Nicely put. I personally don’t really want it, but if they implemented it of course I’d have a go.

As long as it’s an opt in situation it would just be another thing we could choose to do if we wished, and in my opinion the more things we can choose to do the better!

4 Likes

Why is it whenever it comes to pvp or hunting its always “opt in” this and that? All the past updates have not been opt in. Guild system forced, if you have no guild your probably not affording 200k in buffs a week for yourself. Exos forced, not everyone wants to hunt for colours, but you don’t really have a choice. Farming forces, nerfed regen farming so hard you pretty much have to regular farm.

The sheer fact that dieing doesn’t cause you to loss your inventory should be enough that death means very little in this game. PVP should be non optional as well.

First you ask for pvp, next you will ask for a Combat Change.
Then for new weapons, because pvp w/o proper weapons Suks.
Then you want a class System oh and proper armor ofc.
So we Need a new item drop System.
Lets just rename the game while we on it to Boundless PvP and some Building.

You know, there are literaly 1000s of games with this. why not go and Play one of them?

My answer to the OP poll is the same as last time.
No pvp in my Building game, thank you.

2 Likes

There are no games like this. I think combat works just fine. This is a building game with combat. Good thing creative mode is out for everyone.

Farming was a revamp of how foods were created.

As for the other stuff you mention, you don’t have to use Exo, or buffs, etc. They are not forced on players. The PVP stuff and conflict issues we have in the game are forced on everyone because you cannot get away from it. That is why people want the option to participate or it isolated away from them. That is basically the difference.

Death does mean something in this game - 50% more XP required to level.

I think no DP for pvp kills would be fair.

Boundless already has pvp, shops, prestige, it also has combat adding pvp to combat wouldn’t be a stretch imo

1 Like

Nah… If we add PVP it needs to be real PVP. People die, their stuff can be stolen, etc. Let those that really prefer that mode of game play have everything they want in their zone of the game. No reason to make it PVP for little babies. Make it real and solid PVP in the zones that have it.

2 Likes

I don’t think that sort of player wants to play a voxel game, do they, I imagine those people are on ark and conan

1 Like

People cry about the smallest bugs and smallest mishaps in the game already. Clearly real pvp would not be possible but a fun contained version yes.

Alot of people play minecraft pvp so im pretty sure an actual pvp zone would be fine. If you go into those areas you should know what your getting into.

2 Likes

I think pvp would be a good thing in some ways. It would handle trolling or whatever in a way. Can break beacon or blocks they just have extra damage. Plus if see them trolling can “finish them” and steal all their mats plus break their stuff. But it’s a fine line between what one person calls trolling and the next. I’m all for pvp servers like ark and citadel. Don’t want pvp don’t join but act like you’re pvp playing get bump from the pve server