New races - yes or no?

I really do disagree with any “earning” option. It should be exactly like in EA where people can select their race without having to do anything for them. Turning things into a grind or time reward just cheapens the game and makes it less attractive to new or casual players.

It should also be added to GC so people can change their race/look daily if they want.

10 Likes

I agree. The races themselves shouldn’t be locked behind a long term grind, but you could have it so some custom advanced skins (based on those races) are only available by completing longer term goals. That way you have the best of both worlds. New and casual players can be the race they want, and longer term players can grind towards the custom skins for those races. If a custom skin is earned, it should be able to be applied/changed whenever the player wants.

Edit: bad spelling

10 Likes

i want to have a cat thing skin

1 Like

Should make it that you have to experiment on yourself and mutate to a different race

1 Like

New race can swim and see in lava while water will hunt

2 Likes

Is “race” simply just a cosmetic thing or does it affect attributes in any way?

1 Like

I guess a reskin would be better for the game instead of locking races behind gameplay only. I’m just looking for something in game to represent the MMO side more, and to me grinding for cosmetics is a fun thing to do.

3 Likes

Please don’t give the Devs these type of ideas!!! Next think you know we get some DNA gene machine and we have to create new DNA strands that we ingest or something to mutate us!! We don’t need race based RNG grind stuff here in Boundless right now… maybe soon but not now! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Then make it purchasable with cubits then you can grind or use rl cash just like the current wearables. Of you feel rewarded grinding for it go ahead and grind and the players that feel differently have another option.

1 Like

The biggest issue right now is the characters are a modular design. So if they create new races they need to create all need components for the characters, the sizes of those components, all the assets we can buy to fit those races, etc. So that is kind of why it wasn’t happening right away cause it is a lot.

2 Likes

LOL or forge ourselves

4 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I hope there are a couple of really different choices so that I don’t have to look like an angry dude with a 6 pack lol

7 Likes

this yea please :smiley:

4 Likes

I would that wolf race or a lizard race, there should be some races in the character creation around 3 for new players and if you have GC you can unlock 3 or 4 more races, each race has its own buffs, for building, hunting, crafting, etc.

2 Likes

I still would prefer something that shows effort. I’m fine with people paying their way to cosmetics as it helps the game, but I also like being rewarded for skill/effort in the form of cosmetic items not purchasable with real money. Even if its the same cosmetic with maybe an added glow to it.

Yup I’m aware it’s a lot to add new races and “content” is more important. I just want some of that “content” to be working towards something unique that I can’t simply throw money/coin at.

1 Like

Yeah I am ok with some type of stuff in that area for sure. Skins or cosmetics or items based on game play. I wouldn’t link it to grinding/prestige or any other things at that level. As long as it is time based or something like that and something that all casual people can come too (in the right time) then it is fine.

3 Likes

This makes me VERY happy! <3 <3

2 Likes

those are new races, not cosmetic/skins so they should have different gestures, different behavior, maybe different native/passive traits (i hope)

GC owners should be able to freely paint skins, more skins (paint) could be available in shop for cubits, like paints now

2 Likes

I agree - maybe players can choose any race, but there are special cosmetics that we could work towards.

I think it would be awesome to have special cosmetics that unlock at specific high levels…
ie: level 100 = new, rare body paint
level 200 = new haristyle
level 300 = a metallic body paint, and aviator sunglasses…etc

I love walking thru the busy area of an MMO and seeing some seriously OP high level players in their gear :eyes::heart_eyes: Gives me something to look forward to & work towards :wink:

5 Likes