New ways to get coin

Roadrunner costume with road runner sounds would be epic!!! Especially if you load a speed brew and run through a busy city or portal area!!

Bring the “HA”

:thinking:
I’m not sure how preserving tools generates more coin…
not against the idea, just don’t see how it helps this particular situation

we need more coin like fish need water!

1 Like

Yeah before guilds coin was meaningless pixie dust that people valued for no particular reason. Now it buys buffs.

yeb and if the sink is bigger then the gain it wont see any effect right now but a month or 2 down the line shop owners are going to feel it when they have to start selling forged tools for under 1K cuz people just dont have the coin to pay full price

1 Like

I think maybe you misinterpreted what I was meaning!

Nothing to do with preserving tools, and all to do with turning unwanted items into coin!

Or recovering ingredients from crafted items.

ohhh ok like a machine that takes old used tools and spits out coin? strange, but i’m not against that :stuck_out_tongue:
although I can’t imagine this would generate a worthy amount to supply a guild with buffs tho heh.
we need so much more coin revenue it’s ridiculous.

Not necessarily tools, but any in game item.

Have 10k foliage lying about, stick them in the recycler for 1c per 100, that sort of thing.

1 Like

ah ok, if you could put anything into it, sure, i’m down with that. almost like the NPC trader idea except without having an NPC!

Yeah, exactly.

And another new craftable machine to play with!

1 Like

Work hard. Do shady business. Flip everything you can.

I also think we need other ways to get coin as I do not like the idea of footfall

It may be possible this is by design and the devs want guild buffs to be non-sustainable, either as a way to reduce the total amount of coin in the game (if they are unhappy with that at this time)

or they are trying to make it more of a whole guild effort and not just an leadership effort, to sustain the buff.

or maybe this buff just needs to be treated as a luxury function and have to accept the fact that the buff was not designed to be sustainable all of the time, and then that requires planning of when to turn the buffs on and which ones.

Or maybe I am wrong and there was less logical planning put in to the cost, and the devs failed to balance the cost.

Daily Quests
Selling very basic stuff to Sanctum NPC Guy
More diversity of coins (multiple levels or tiers of coins, like copper, silver, electrum , gold, platinum from D&D)
Dynamic events that reward coin
Meteors rewarding coin along with existing rewards

Those are just to name a few. I don’t think we necessarily need the money printer machine that has been suggested a few times if we’re able to sell to the Sanctum NPC guy.

It would help if we had actual NPC towns to visit and do trade with. I know it’s a very Minecraft type of thing to do but it does help out if we can sell a whole smart stack of iron for 100 rough gems (just an example).

I don’t know exactly what we really need but I do believe that the velocity of which that money is being made needs to be closely monitored so it doesn’t erupt out of control; though it may or may not cause players to spend more and get hit with shop tax.

1 Like

I would agree with this had the buffs only lasted 1-3 days(ie targeting weekends/holidays). However since they’re weekly (7 days) I would have to infer that they are indeed intended to be sustained.

This is much more likely their intent. I would also argue that the devs intended the different levels of buffs to be utilized, and not have everyone using only the top-tier buffs. If a buff is not sustainable for a guild, downgrade until what they’re using is sustainable.

I agree that it would help, but it would also take away from the idea that all the builds are player-made. Not that I’m saying everything needs to be player-made, but I know a lot of people like that aspect of the game. There could also be travelling merchants who buy/trade/sell things, and the things they sell could be what they have bought recently from other players.

The only problem with this is that if coin isn’t being generated, how are any of the buffs supposed to remain sustainable? Footfall as the only system for generating coin can’t sustain the whole system forever.

Another consideration is the footfall generation is directly proportional to the population. The more people running around, the more coin generated. So any move the devs make with coin generation has to keep that in mind.

and not going into to much detail (cuz im not sure if i even shod be saying this) but the reason i made the tread was cuz PS with its huge network of footfall generating builds has to “budget” the buff costs pre footfall tweaking this would not have been a big deal but sense the guild patch and the footfall tweaks im unsure if even a portal hub/network could sustain the top tier buffs and if they cant what chance in hell des a guild with average player builds have?.

1 Like

How is selling excess basic materials to a NPC going to take away from stuff players have made? You can always just kill the NPCs out in a world, plot over their place, and it would be like they never existed. We already have NPCs in the game: creatures you hunt for drops.

This game needs NPCs that wonder or are static or a combination of the two. The more this game is full of stuff the better. Whether you or the developers or anyone else likes it, a more full game is going to attract more people to play it. They can serve a whole plethora of uses and be the solution to a lot of things.

Just cause James and the developers had an initial design approach and vision for the game doesn’t mean it’s bad for it to adjust in certain areas. Being stubborn about something instead of exploring the possibilities is how you not achieve a better result. Not claiming they are doing that either.

I want NPCs that build settlements slowly on their own that players can conquer. I think a lot of people would find that pretty fun to do. Doesn’t mean it would really fit in the game despite that.

Also, just cause it’s a sandbox MMO, doesn’t mean it needs to be void of NPCs you interact with outside of killing them. There needs to be diversity across the entire game as a whole: economy, building, crafting, hunting, exploring, etc. Everything.

But these are all a single person’s opinion so I digress.

I’m all for repeatable quests (ie daily/weekly) but I oppose any Citizen NPCs. They’d either have to be handled through the GUI or the one Citizen NPC in the Sanctum. One of the aspects I enjoy is that every Citizen you meet is a player.

I will agree use the poor sanctum guy for something useful. Let him buy items from players it will put coin into the economy and let even new players have a reliable source of coin.

1 Like