No Man's Minecraft?

This is a good idea but what could happen is people sitting there until the regen kicks in and go mine it ritgh away

What I understand is that currently after the rock regens (which takes time) then the resources (ores and gems) regen based on the existing planet distribution. If this is what you meant. If you meant what they are maybe going to change, he did not say specifically.

Cool, then I just throw a regen bomb everywhere to speed up the process of resources regenning :smile:

1 Like

This is why I seriously hesitated buying this game and itā€™s also why Iā€™ve wondered how the whole resource gathering/crafting game type has excelled over the years. At the end of the day, there is zero point to doing all of this - none. Sure, Iā€™ve had some people tell me itā€™s meditative or itā€™s fun building a castle/house/etc. and it can be. However, the amount of work and grinding you have to put in to do that just gets extremely old and itā€™s gets old quick in my experience. Iā€™ve been playing Boundless for about a week and Iā€™m close to hanging up my controller due to several reasons (least of which is not knowing what in the heck Iā€™m supposed to do to get advanced resources, machines, etc.). The only reason why I took a chance on Boundless was because the thought of being able to travel to different planets for exploration was appealing, but I did not know the game was going to be limited to the handful of planets that are out now. Like No Manā€™s Sky, which I also gave a shot, everything is just about the same everywhere you go and that just takes away from any uniqueness or newness. Every tree is the same, every rock, every creature, etc. I think the developers did an outstanding job on Boundless, itā€™s just going to be one of these games where you either love it or hate it. I donā€™t quite hate it, but Iā€™m not really loving it either :wink:

2 Likes

I thought all terrain would just be the same everywhere until I found a floating island made of nothing but foliage!

1 Like

Finally!

After the bomb nerf where people just started bombing out more area to get similar results this was the only reasonable conclusion, aside from removing terrain destruction from bombs.

Right, but itā€™s still just foliage right? Thatā€™s my point as No Manā€™s Sky was the same way - everything looked exactly the same no matter where you went.

1 Like

Thereā€™s only so much you can do with algorithms (currently). Youā€™d need a massiv studio to hand design and populate 42 planets with unique items, scenery, structures, cave systems etc etc. Then that studio would need to be kept on for future planet releases.
I understand, i want a massive universe to explore where everything is different, supports a billion players, travel and transitions are seamless, where we get to board orbital dropships and clean out bug planets shouting out snappy one liners such as ā€œDo you wanna live forever?ā€ ā€¦Thatā€™s my S Troopers fixation setting in.
Anyway, iā€™ve resigned myself to the realization that such a game is decades out.

1 Like

service guarantees citizenship.

Iā€™m only here for the joint showers :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I suggest saving some coin and buying tools from a more experienced player

Way to power through with iron, I couldnā€™t imagine that, I give you credit, cause that would frustrate me using iron on t5, if you want a gem tool to find diamond at malurialakrib, at altitude 12, my favorite, I will give you one. I love helping fellow players.

1 Like

Shoot, Iā€™ve done went full power on all machines, let it all expire and went back to almost full power on all machines again at this point :joy:

2 Likes

Lol the struggle was real back then, Iā€™m good to go now. Day 1 Year 1 was lit!

2 Likes

If only youā€™d say 200 people! OP wasnā€™t too far off though.

1 Like

The struggle was definitely real for sure. Hahahaha

1 Like

Yeah, but you could sell gold bars for 125c - those days were awesome!

1 Like