No need for Umbris planets

I am currently gathering the remaining umbris to craft the coils need for my guild mint. Through hunt and buying the umbris at top dollar. It got me thinking. Maybe, just maybe. We do not need umbris planets.

Leave Umbris an lucrative 3rd element. Only obtained from T7 exo meteors on Rift and Blink planets. This will turn umbris into almost a 2nd currency. The market value would fluctuate with the frequent appearance or lack of blink and rift planets. You could buy it when the market is good and sell when those planets have not been seen for some time.

More rare craftable items could be added that use Umbris. Requiring more groups to hunt on T7. Making people save their materials for their final goals. Having Umbris tools and deco blocks would be a way to show off wealth or hard work.

Just think of it now The Umbris Trading Company. This would give players one more job they could specialize in.

Once umbris planet is released the wait is over. The excitement is finished. Why not continue the wait.

Think about it Devs.

5 Likes

Lets get them comments incoming, just saying this has been my theory for sometime!

Iā€™m actually okay with it. And agree with you. Also on the topic of Umbris I just put almost 2 MILLION coin in a basket buying Umbris at 5k and rift/blink at 100. Store #86 in the gyosha mall. Store name corruption

Or people would just lose interest. I guess it depends on playstyle. Iā€™ve stopped caring so much about the new blocks and now I focus on other aspects of the game. No surprise to me there though, iā€™m like this with every game i play. I wouldnā€™t care either way. Still a lot of other stuff i need to finish

2 Likes

If they give Umbris the same spawning heuristics as Emerald/Amethyst it would still have a good degree of scarcity

2 Likes

If Umbris stays the way it has been Iā€™d be okay with it. The only thing we ā€˜needā€™ it for is the minter coils and there are already several that are for public use. Sounds good to me.

As far as i remember in knowlage tab umbris was in high density. Like sapphire or topaz. Or me is wrong

This would have been better with rift but its too late.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was the Devs plan already since Iā€™ve heard that there are ā€œreasonsā€ why there havnt been any Umbris planets :face_with_monocle:

How does this idea benifit anybody but people who have more money than they can spend or people who are hard core players?

2 Likes

Iā€™m ok with this, but the connectivity issues like we had yesterday can not be allowed to continue if this is the case. If weā€™re going to have that slim an opportunity to collect it, technical issues like that need to get resolved ASAP.

You dont need to buy umbris

2 Likes

Somethings should be a extremely rare resource. Just like the rarest resource on earth is astatine a naturally occurring semi-metal that results from the decay of uranium and thorium. I cant just go out and obtain this my self. It would be a nice aspect of the game.

1 Like

There are already in-game examples of this, albeit to a much lesser degree. Not everyone can use marble/mosaic blocks because they lack funds or resources. Thatā€™s just how it works, some things have to be hard to acquire.

I honest have no need for umbris. Just want it lol. Though do not need it so would probably never buy it. If the planets never come it wouldnā€™t interfere with my game play or progression.

My view, anticipation without payoff just leads to frustration.

5 Likes

Thats why they give umbris a bigger role in crafting.

Depends on the length of the wait I suppose, but yeah there is a limit before it becomes frustrating instead of exciting.

On the other side of the coin though, the first thing on everyoneā€™s mind once our umbris thirst is quenched is going to be ā€œwhatā€™s next?ā€ And I donā€™t know the answer to that question. Do they keep releasing higher tiers of materials just to keep us interested? That would become boring and pointless quickly imo.

Moon hammers after umbris lol

2 Likes

I think that is a big issue with this game, and the way that the updates etc are set up.

There is too much focus on the next thing, rather than providing more consistent things to do.

I hope farming will help to spread things more.

2 Likes