No need for Umbris planets

Trying to be accurate is what I prefer to call it, but each to his own. Even Wiki defines it as Discrimination.

I really feel like the shark has been jumped here. Umbris is a resource gated by player level and ability. Anyone that wants it has to put in the work and then has as much chance as anyone else to obtain it. Umbris is not needed at this point in the game. Why not keep it rare for now and allow it to function as a third rare item in the economy along with Oort and RR Feathers?

Is it discriminatory that new players on level one planets cannot mine diamonds?

3 Likes

I really think the line is being blurred here between elitism and tyranny. Becoming elite is in no way a bad thing, it just means a degree of excellence has been gained that surpasses others by far. Elite individuals are far more likely to become tyrannic due to their abilities. So, in this way, being elite is actually like being the gun, and it’s solely up to the user whether they use that power for good, evil, or they can let it slip away.

3 Likes

Yup.

@Trundamere
You and I will have to agree to disagree. It took all my restraint to not go super sarcastic. . .

I did go back and look at a lot of your feedback to me and we can continue this in private, but I noticed a very negative theme where much of your feedback to me was not only unhelpful and off topic, but also, ironically, derogatory and closed-minded. Let’s just say you are not a guy I’d invite to my party.

2 Likes

You are correct, I am extremely closed minded and Hostile against anything I feel is aimed to suppress the rights and freedoms of others.

You can message me on Discord if you so choose to talk to me about this more, in a more friendly Environment then the forums are for me,

But I don’t expect you to actually do that.

Trundamere#0001

This escalated oddly…are we still talking about umbris???

2 Likes

We weren’t, be we are now! I don’t want an umbris planet, I want an umbris tree I can grow. I want to be able to prune it every day for seeds and more umbris ore, and slowly plant an entire planet as umbris trees.

For those of you who think I am joking, I am not.

4 Likes

I want my character to be able to :poop:. (Smash that like button!!!)

4 Likes

Pretty sure rock goblins only eat ore. So maybe my suggestion can get both of our suggestions taken care of.

1 Like

You’re Beautiful

You too

5 Likes

Better, if we could eat the brick mixture… then we could :poop: bricks, now that would be epic. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hi world your awesome

It%20is%20folly

3 Likes

Oh Sean bean! Amazing!

1 Like

He dies in everything he does tho lol

2 Likes

Not in Ronin, although death might have been better than that embarrassment.

Ahh yea I don’t think I’ve seen that

Hey Buddy, just to be clear, when i say trophy items, I mean “trophies”. As in achievable trophies rather than items like umbris, or other craft requirements…
I might not have been clear, sorry…

Oh, no worry there. I probably should have typed out “quoted for truth” instead of abbreviating it before moving on to discuss the idea behind the OP here.

I’d love to get the trophies that the devs have shown in the past, or some items that require a defined set/range of activities, preferably not entirely random drops and not tradeable.

I’m not even against some super rare blocks.

But not items with functions that affect the economic balance of the game like this. I’m not close with Orrian but it;'s easy to see why this thread triggered some animosity. Umbris is the last remaining piece of a coin gate (gate? bonus? whatever… ) and this basically amounts to “hey let’s try and make it so that only the very wealthy can afford to earn more coins”.

Literally starting it off with “hey I already got mine so…” ?? Again it’s not even personal but I’m surprised this thread stayed as light as it did.

2 Likes

I just find it weird how no Umbris planet has spawned by now. I have lots of stuff stockpiled for when I get a fully coiled chrysominther. So much for the itemsink…