No need for Umbris planets

No Bad idea

soooooā€¦ Yeah Umbris only from T7 Meteors I like it!

2 Likes

Can i see the futureā€¦

1 Like

Not this time friend

Bad Orrian is bad :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

hello old friend! how are you? :smiling_imp:

I dont see a problem with trophy type items. Without goals people loose interest. But not everybody is motivated by the same goals. In my experience most people want goals that will be recognized, and some people seem to need a very disproportionate amount of recognition. Whether or not there is a trophy, that wont change the behavior. But it does offer another path for general acknowledgement and achievement. I do think that it would be easier if the items were trophies rather than functional.

Perhaps one trophy could be ā€œ1 week of complete silenceā€

7 Likes

QFT! Too many people are eager to ā€œclose the door behind themā€ once they achieve their goals.

Iā€™m waiting for umbris to hit - hopefully soon after the cosmetic issues are addressed. The others are good for some accents but this is the lucent material i most want to build with. Iā€™ve done some floors and portal jackets with it on test itā€™s super nice looking.

As for the functionality of it I think the lucent gear has been pretty disappointing so far, but I donā€™t think that the chrysominter coils and other items coming should be locked into rarity where the majority of players are depending on the generosity of a few to just have a chance.

Based on how the rest of boundless works, I really doubt thatā€™s the intention of the design team, either.

I had no problem buying umbris at 1200c each, definitely no issue with selling them to someone in a rush for 5k each :rofl: I donā€™t think that one person in a rush is going to redefine the market.

Letā€™s get these things dropping like topaz already.

3 Likes

Like all the other gems it should be farm-able from mining on a planet.
Plus they is a maxed out coils for the mint already for anyone to join and use free of charge in ā€˜The Golden Fistā€™

1 Like

I like the idea of the rare item. What I like even better is lots of different rare items with many very unique ways to get them. Umbris as that item could be a good stopgap for now, but I would like to see those very rare items in the future.

Honestly I have no clue why thereā€™s a conversation about elitism here. We all have to work for it in Boundless. If you donā€™t put in, you donā€™t git gud. Jealousy never solved what a good days work takes for granted. Put in the grind, reap the rewards. Itā€™s that simple. Hellova lot more fair than standard reality.

2 Likes

this has nothing to do with any mints or coils. but I give up. release the planet please. I am off to build.

Never give up! Never surrender! :star_struck:

1 Like

ā€¦ I think Iā€™d have an easier time pulling off getting Viceroy somewhere than that. :flushed::rofl:

2 Likes

Hammers, axes and shovels? lol ā€¦

And bombs do not forget the bombs

1 Like

Bombs! Oh ā– ā– ā– ā–  thatā€™s definitely going to be the basis of a high end sub-economy then.

Defo WTB 75k bag of bombs please! Urgent!

Itā€™s just an idea .
Knowing that you can extract oort shards from Rought oort, why not from Blink.Rift and umbris. after that make infused shard then refine it to make anti elemental tools to fight T8 planets ? or somthing like that

Theses two things have very little to do with each other.

A gun is an man made object that is typically designed to murder creatures or pose the threat of such. But at the end of the day. it is no more then a Tool.

Elitism is the attitude that the human race can take when it comes to social status.

Therefore

Elitism is the actual act of what I consider to be a problem (if it happens outside of PvP or highly competitive games, It is a Major problem). The same way Murder is the actual act of using that firearm to terminate another creature.

The fundamental point of Elitism is to mark people who deemed more useful then other people to some cause, Typically to Society as a whole or to itā€™s Controlling Government, The latter being the more dangerous, and therefore they should have more power, rights and/or influence, if not even given some power over the people below them. This status can be decided by a number of things, but itā€™s goal is to create a social class and division, one that is typically designed to suppress the lower classes. as the people who are deemed as ā€žEliteā€œ are given more value.

I personally think that Elitism is just a few long steps and time away from Eugenics. Should the wrong people get the power over the lower class to enforce such things. I am sure Elitism would result in Eugenics being practiced at some point. Or if that system wanted the lower class for low class workers, then some kind of Slavery may result, or a combination of the twoā€¦

Elitism Is Discrimination

Having an Upper and Lower class of any kind is discrimination.

However Is it possible to mark people as being more skilled in something With out creating a social class, Which is why we have colleges that give out bits of paper stating such, This is in no way Elitism, as it dosent aim to suppress lower classes or create the division, thou it can spawn Elitist behavior from that person should the fact go to their head and ego, but that is a unintended side effect, because humans, are humans.

Nobody ever agrees with each other when it comes to a debate on semantics.

2 Likes

Trying to be accurate is what I prefer to call it, but each to his own. Even Wiki defines it as Discrimination.