Non-Minecraft Game

Well we dont have those interconnecting portals yet, we just keep our inventory when we switch server.

And yes, atm Oort features the same gameplay elements, (pretty much) all you can do in Oort atm is placing blocks/building which is the core feature in any voxel game, and that’s also why @CentaurTheDark asked when Oort will get more features implemented.

So the poor phrasing of someone is enough to get you mad?

@Nyuudles , Well modding is a matter of preference, my friends and I played on an unmodded server with the alpha version for months before we added some mods.

Slopes, dynamic grappling hook, bouncy blocks, constantly online connected universe. the ability for things you build to be visited ingame by anybody without having to host or locate a specific IP. etc etc.

i do get you like minecraft so i wont try to argue with that. but i wish you would not see oort in the light of ‘‘just a poor minecraft’’

I wouldn’t say that the poor phrasing would get us mad. It’s just that the way he introduced the topic threw some of us off into another direction. So now, instead of us discussing or speculating on the release date for the new features that would differentiate this game more, we got at least 10 replies telling him that this isn’t an MC clone. (I’m exaggerating, but that’s how it feels right now).

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see that. This forum pretty much comes down to:

5 Likes

And it is how it should be most of the time, MC did some pretty great things which oort can use to an advantage, but there should also be a balance so it doesnt just turn into MC 2.0 (which i know some people want it to)

I still truly believes that Oort will rise above minecraft, it will become a new huge step in the voxel genre, i quite like the idea of voxel but my biggest quirk is that they always seems to either have huge focus on building (minecraft, blockscape, etc) or RPG elements (Cubeworld, Trove) i hope that oort can capture the best from both worlds :smile:

2 Likes

There are already some portals on some worlds.

The next day…

Seriously though ya’ll, this is kinda sad…

No, what’s really sad, is that we’re bashing ourselves here and OP didn’t even respond once.

2 Likes

That’s my point.

1 Like

We all need a good fight once in a while, better to burn energy off from time to time rather than let it charge up.

i know that Vas is one of the people who play and enjoy alot of minecraft and im a person who quite dislike it and as such we are bound to have clashes, better to have it here than in an ‘‘important’’ post right? :smile:

1 Like

My bad,poor choice of words.

And what are we talking about?

The point OP is making, and this community is reluctant to admit / vehemently denying is that IN ITS CURRENT STATE OO is just a basic (though, pretty) Voxel game with none of the RPG elements that are promised in the planned features. YET. Soon we will see some.

6 Likes

I like that definition, why cant we use that more?

‘‘Oort online is in its current state a very basic voxel game’’ am i the only one who think that sounds more fair than ‘‘In its current state Oort is nothing but a bad minecraft clone’’?

1 Like

That’s literally what I have been saying for a year now…

No,it’s not a MC clone!!!
We are not trying to make a clone of MC.

I don’t dare to tell you anything about your lifestyle but if you have that much excess energy you should do some sports and not act personally offended when someone says something negative about Oort.

I´m also not playing a lot of Minecraft. I played it with some friends 2 years ago. I just don´t like the “this is Oort, any other voxel game is garbage” attitude that is present:

4 Likes

Is that how you see that attitude? apologies, should be ‘‘this is oort, a great voxel game, most are great, minecraft sucks, hail hydra’’

in all seriousness, its good you dont like it, i dont like the whole ‘‘minecraft is a gift to gamers from god’’ attitude which i seem to run into a lot. i will counter extreme with extreme, dont think minecraft is a bad game its just something im not interested in and as such i would hate for oort to just be a generic MC clone (which to be fair, some games are)

And while i am an arrogant prick (which we have proven) i dont ever try to argue from any other viewpoint than my own, i can only say what i think would be cool in the game and what direction i think would be great for oort, we have a forum for discussion, not as an echo chamber. so if you are offended by me saying that i think MC is a mediocre game, then you are allowed to, doesnt mean that i shouldnt say it though :smile:

2 Likes

My opinion:

Minecraft=10/10
Oort online=50/10
Simple as that, Oort online is not a Minecraft clone. We’re not trying to make a Minecraft clone,we’re trying to make.our own RPG MMO set to sandbox world game.

2 Likes

In its current state, OO is undeniably light on features that separate it from MC. Yes, many features are planned that will set it far apart from MC, but saying it is 5x better than MC as it is now is plain exaggeration. Down, boy.