Not Feeling Well

I am autistic no that is not an insult so please dont think that way about a very real status of my neural self.

I am not like most of you. I am like some of you.

I tend to run off on tangents, related to the topic I am seeing/hearing.

If I am banned for tangents, silenced like I was in the last thread I posted in, then I do not feel this forum is a place where I would be permitted to speak anymore.

I like to type, alot. I’m hyperverbal, sometimes I cant stop myself from talking/typing, like how a non-verbal sometimes struggles to speak, I struggle to shut up.

but if I am silenced by someone else for being even ‘slightly’ off topic, then I cannot let myself post here anymore. Being reported for something I said that is related to the topic… well my PTSD was hit hard with tha reportt, and I am struggling to stay stable. I had to lie down because I was crying uncontrollably and tears hurt, alot.

Still reeling from fight or flight right now, these FoF are very uncomfortable things, and can even cause long term physical damage to me sometimes.

Being muted because I was slightly off topic, can be painful to me.

I dont wish to risk myself to any further suffering under these conditions.

I love to build, love playing with my friends in Boundless, it helps me feel better about myself… but whoever gave me a suspension for being off on a tangent, should check their views to see if that was really worth it?

I run off on tangents. Related, always related.
But it looks like tangents arent allowed here.

I’m sorry I been unable to follow your hidden rules.
I dont want to offend anyone.
But clearly someone was offended by something I said.

I have no idea what. If I offnede anyone, ever, I am sorry. Please talk to me before just slapping me with a punishment. I am willing to edit if you just let me know what I typed that is so bad that I had to be punished for it so quickly without warning!

I can edit, there is a freaking edit button!

I am done here in these forums. I’m sorry you cant handle what I say.
I wish whoever did that to me, would not be so harsh with punishments, not so quick to judge in the future.

I love to type, and I feeling very off my rocker right now due to still being in the recovery stages of my PTSD episiode, my body is in pain, it is unlike anything else. I want to avoid thsse things, because I do not like pain, this pain. Actions to punish me will set it off, especially when I have done no wrong, not willingly, not consciously. If I have done any wrong so wrong to be punished, give me a chance to edit, not slap a punisment on me so quickly that I am now in a lot of pain because of this action poking my trauma reminder.

This forum is just too dangerous for me when anyone with any slight grievances can mute someone else so easily, and muting me for something that I feel was still related to the topic at hand… I cant risk my verbage here anymore.

I wish I was more able to leave Boundless feedback, but it just is too much nit picking here, and being silenced is a literal hazard to my health. 190 over 140 BP is nothing to play around with.

I’m not kidding here. I am very serious.
I am not safe to even look at replies.
Good luck with all your whatevers making you all so nit picky and quick to judge. I’m not going to post her anymore if I can help it.

I’ll miss this. It was nice while it lasted.

9 Likes

Your first post, before the edit, came across as very rude and judgey. Not saying that was your intentention, but that’s how it comes across. Maybe next time finish typing a post before you press reply? I don’t think it’s possible for us (regular users) to see if you’re editing or not.

I didn’t flag your post, i just read it now. It seems to have gotten unflagged already.

You’re not banned, muted, silenced or anything of the sort. A user (again, not me) chose to flag your post for moderation as it came across very rude. That’s it. See it as a learning moment maybe, press reply when you’re done, so people see the whole context :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While I didn’t see the OP, people flag excessively on these forums IMO.

11 Likes

We all leap to conclusions and I’m sure that’s what happened with your post. Don’t feel that you need to stop posting, on the contrary, feel free to post as much as you want. The more you do, the more we’ll get to know you and the better off we’ll all be.

6 Likes

If you are afraid of a major setback in your mental health because someone flagged you. Then i strongly advise you to not use the forums anymore. Try to find a more personal space for the things you are speaking about.

Some will take their time reading this but a few will remember your post. The others who arent bothered would still flag you. Plus messasing you private is often delaying the removal or editing of the post.

I hope you can recover of the outrage that occured and good luck with your condition

6 Likes

I hate to say I agree with this. If people flagging you or otherwise being Richards (@morey523) on the forums is an issue, the forums are unfortunately not a safe place.

5 Likes

My comment ((that was also flagged )
Was “welcome to the forums”

Wich i meant to be like people said above.

Theres people who just flag stuff cause they can flag… thats it.
I know its pretty stupid

10 Likes

Every man and woman has to own up to its own responsibility. That is a very important rule. If you can’t handle the setting of this forum because of your autism maybe you should own up to yourself and say. “I can not handle this yet” and stay away. also hope you have a good therapist and maybe he or she can work with you to eventually be able to survive forums. Work out a coping mechanism, a ritual, etc.

I wish you all the best. You can learn @GreenRoc . I know because in a past life I worked with people who struggled with the same problems.

9 Likes

So, I didn’t used the forum that much, but I do read it daily, and I was actually surprised how friendly this is, as in, it’s super pg-10 and negative posts, even just a bit, are hidden.

I was thinking… meh, I can’t say exactly what is on my mind, but that dose not bother me, being considerate of others and not hurting theyr feelings (at all). I guess it’s cool to have a place like this.

Now I see that excesive moderation and ‘pleasantness’ can be hurtfull in some scenarios. Learned something new today.

Thanks for sharing and letting us see a bit into your world. Hope you get passed this and ‘Carryon my wayward son:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I read all their posts before and after edits. Honestly if you thought that came off rude and judgey at any point I wish to live around the people you do. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

More flags here than Mt Everest

3 Likes

Your post was perfectly fine @GreenRoc … do not allow “others” on here to dissuade you from being a part of the community just because they do not like your opinion… Post on Buddy! If someone harasses you or in any way gives you a negative experience on here REPORT THEM to @Leahlemoncakes @james @SamF they are the Commanders and Chiefs (aka the Developers)…

DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO RUN YOU OFF!

1 Like

You’ll get use to the flagging. If you personally know your post had no issues carry on and ignore it. There are many trolls on the forums.

If you want a place to chat about things Iconic community discord has few issues.

I have also thought about cutting ties with the forums. It is helpful when it comes to spreading info on shop sales and build openings.

This as a single post, responding to a simple post about somebody mentioning other games being played 1-handed, is what i could see being interpreted as rude and judgey.

Thats my opinion though, and as i mentioned, i’m sure it wasn’t meant as such, but intentions are very hard to get across over just text.

In my experience most of the flags i’ve seen have been warranted. Most of the time it’s because people are overreacting, getting emotional, starting personal attacks or bringing up things they know full well will just result in a drama-thread. I’ve had a few of my own posts flagged, and upon reflection, rightfully so. I get carried away sometimes.

I strongly believe people take getting flagged waaaaay too seriously here. It’s simply a user asking the devs (i believe non-dev mods cant act on them?) to have a look at a post. The post is not removed, you’re not banned or silenced. People can still read your post. People are way too dramatic about flagging.

Disclaimer: again, i didn’t flag the post. I can count the amount of posts ive flagged on 1 hand. Most if not all of those involved personal attacks and were rightfully removed.

I’ve quit playing entire games before because of forum and chat flagging/muting etc. When the Everquest servers went down for like the 5th time that week (I was probably 16 at the time) I went to game chat and asked, “Why are the servers down YET AGAIN??” as an honest but frustrated question and a GM kicked me off chat for 24 hours… That was the turning point where I decided a game that I had put a thousand hours into was not for me. It really opened my eyes to how bad the game actually was.

World of Tanks - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but among other things I was tired of rolling actual living, breathing potatoes for teammates. Posted on the forums, asking if there was any way possible for matchmaking to give them their own lobby, got a post warning. Again, an honest question to a perceived problem and a possible solution - if I was having that hard of a time with the game I surely would prefer a lobby where I actually stood a chance… but that sour taste of a flagged post also contributed to my departure from a game that I used to enjoy.

Bad experiences on the forums drive players away. But I will say the Boundless forums are the best experience I’ve ever had on any gaming forum, and if I ever got flagged or hidden it was probably justified :joy:

6 Likes

Seriously, this is what got flagged?

The devs need to actually implement flagging the way they said it would be implemented. People who over-flag posts need to lose their flagging power.

3 Likes

Im not saying it should be removed. But it’s a dismissive post of another post that was perfectly on-topic. Im guessing the flagger wanted to avoid drama that typically comes out of these types of comments.

Who says they haven’t? We can’t see who flags, so this could very well be somebody’s first flag. Pointless to speculate on “serial flaggers” or the likes.

Again, not advocating for removal of the post.

1 Like

From the flagging I’ve seen on the forums, it would appear people aren’t losing their ability to flag posts.

Also I think the threshold should be turned up. It seems like two or three flags is enough to hide a post. Maybe it should be 5 or 10.

Speaking of derailing posts - I do love you @Sujimichi88 but I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen you and @AeneaGames derail a post with an off-topic debate over which of you are correct about some detail :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and all without getting flagged

I think you’re also ascribing too much good intention to the flagger. I think it’s more likely that the flagger (and most of the serial flaggers) are “virtue signaling”. There’s a great Colbert clip about the topic, but it’s political so I will post this video instead - which while featuring Obama, is not very political and still captures the point.

3 Likes

Something which i’ve already mentioned myself, but also completely irrelevanto to my argument.

The rest of your post is pure speculation.

3 Likes

Yeah and I don’t get it since it’s so easy, I’m always right! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes