Not sure if renew Gleam Club

Long story short, i play since the very beginning, i have GC active for years( i am to lazy to fuel my beacons and i have places spared allover the known words, and i am sentimentally attached of all of them) i have around 5k hours in game but in more then one year i have played just few times. I feel that of i let all my builds to reclami i m done with Boundless…and I am very attached to this community, reason that gave me the willing to play during years.
I don’t know what i am asking to the community here…is probably just a thought out loud.
Sorry for my bad english and stay Boundless everyone!!

3 Likes

Can’t give you advice one way or the other - only you can decide if you are likely to come back and enjoy playing ever again, or not. Some people find coming back and starting over gives them impetus to build and play again, others have walked away for good.

2 Likes

I would say that if you can afford to keep paying gleam club and think you might play the game again in the near future then I’d do that.

However if you can bear to lose all your builds and don’t think you’ll play the game much again then you can let it all expire. At least all your materials will be available in reclaim if you did come back.

4 Likes

At the end of the day i can afford the GC cost(but i am very far from be in a solid economic situation…XD), i generally buy 180 days, i was not sure at this point because i realized i’ ve spent hundreds euros in GC and at this point i have the “waste of money feeling”.
After so meny years I felt the need to engage with the community before let It go or not.
Thanks for feedback anyways

3 Likes

with reclaim system is easy to start anew, if your exconomic situation is not stable, just let it go, take your time, and come back to start anew with all materials in reclaim :smiley:
its easy to refuel beacons with 16week beacon fuel once every 4 monts and you saving money :smiley:
if you not playing you dont need color text on signs and ability to recolor your char every few minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

this scare me more than anything! Is for the emotional bond and memories that come for the builds that i regret the idea to let them go, i feel the pain of such a massive reclaim storage i eventually have to deal with just thinking about that :rofl:

2 Likes

In the end, like others have said, the choice is yours. I reclaimed about 9000 plots with one of my build that took me about 6 months. I didn’t want to reclaim it, but in hindsight starting semi-fresh has given the game more interest to me as I have more to build with than when I first started, new ideas and it pretty fun again.

Sorting through the reclaim is the real problem for me, but it’s manageable.

Personally, if you plan to come back and can afford it, nothing wrong with paying for it until you come back.

3 Likes

I remember to read something about your reclaim in the foum and i really felt you. As i have already said the problem are the memories attached to many, if not all, the builds(like to pay for a photo cloud storage), many of those are the last standing builds of some vanished places or projects… :sweat_smile: i ’ m going nostalgic

2 Likes

This jump in my mind:

I have wrote in the capsule of time a coordinates of a Beacon in a bottom of a lake( at those time build under water was a little bit challenging if i remember). I finally built something there that was transformed many times in the years being.
Those kind of memories made me sentimental with many builds(and related real life period)an i realized this only recently when i thought to not renew GC

2 Likes

i have also other solution,
you can join guild, allign your beacons and ask for fueling your beacons?

2 Likes

For years I have not needed GC because I am stuck in a perpetual cycle that looks something like this-

• Create New Build

• Connect to a Hub

• Become Bored

• Reclaim

• Repeat

Wish I was content with what I create and needed GC

4 Likes

You are paying for a service - if you are happy with what’s provided I’d say it’s not wasted :man_shrugging: If the game brings you happiness / joy (even for a few hours a month) I’d say it’s money well spent :wink:

I can relate. I also have extended breaks from the game but I decided to stick around until they turn the lights off ^^
FWIW: I’d hate to see your build near the museum on Gellis go. It’s been around since I started playing :see_no_evil:
I also happily recognize your name whenever I stumble upon a build of yours, whenever I feel like mapping another home-world :wink:

5 Likes

If you do decide on continuing GC & taking a long break I recommend you place all your beacons onto a Active Guild so the community can continue Fueling your beacons for that extra relief/emergency

2 Likes

I sacrifice myself as the person willing to maintain your beacons i’m a very trustworthy person and will nit let it run out (fuel on me too) @EdWe
Im also the person maintaining a beacon from Dat (Balamb Garden) on Lasaina and i have been doing so for 2 years now…only having the hope he returns… from the bottom if my heart i hope hes alright :pensive:

5 Likes

Phone likes to add auto correct, and i do not check it…however :expressionless: bringbackedit

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice and thoughts , this community Is really amazing

Mostly this!i always thought that way, but with the idea to bring mostly of my places to that point eventually.

At this point another 6 months to meditate on It are guaranteed!
Thanks @HOST for the kind offer, I will take it into consideration in any other dark moments :sweat_smile:

Btw @Grimdian i love the Gellis place a lot too, i always think to built a little more there, but since @andysav build disappeared from there i ve lost some motivation, we built thogheter in that area for some times.

4 Likes

it be nice if you stick around, who knows that a change will come sooner than you think and then you might regret that you reclaimed. and no problem at all :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

I’ve been in this spot at times too… What I did was certainly go through and start clearing out beacons that I knew I wouldn’t really touch for a long time or if ever… that way at least I was letting go of non-critical things and starting to fine tune to the areas that truly resonated with me or were attachment points of emotion. I did this in phases. Too many times people just keep it all or none instead of “spring cleaning”… This way each of those 6 month cycles does help you feel refreshed and clearer on if you should stay or if it is time to let go like many others finally do.

1 Like

This is me. I’ve moved 28 times since I started playing June 2019. I’ll create a build I like and live there for several weeks or a couple of months, and then get bored and move to new location/planet and build something new.

2 Likes