[NOTICE] Exploits and Abuse

Suppose the difficulty of telling us all what the issue is perceived to be may make the less honest player aware of an exploit they otherwise wouldn’t have been.

To me an exploit was things like the ability to forge a tool that had zero durability when it was made, and as a result would never break. (This did happened btw)

4 Likes

Lol… wanna bet??

Iirc there is a limitation on how many beacons you can reclaim right? Like you need to finish emptying one reclaim before doing the next one.

And that was to prevent having an easy cloud storage

Hehe.

Brb grabbing the popcorn for this threads plot twists and drama.

Pretty sure its when you combine scripts that lag everyone out and stop actually playing the game. way it was intended. then the devs have to go and nerf stuff they indented normal people to do…

Just go to literally any new exo world with large gleam deposits and poof some idiot will show up and spam regen bombs with a macro/script on one account while they use another account to harvest it…

I’m not sure. I think it’s good that they are letting us use it freely to move things around bc it’s a new feature. It will help a lot of people move things that they’ve been holding off on, after the compactness scores were added.

They could def decide to change it later.

2 Likes

Defining exploit might be helpful here

4 Likes

if abusing the spark price was not an exploit there is none in boundless
if i had used the exploit as an example, the main workshop alone would have given me over 20 million coins (36 almost full gen)

but I didn’t, because it was clearly an exploit for me
that would be more coins in few minutes than I could make in 6 months with fair play and a really good running shop

1 Like

That is boting and it’s completely different, that is not allowed and James already said it.

3 Likes

What I meant is that they added some locks so we can use the system without being overpowered. But I can’t remember if James said clearly that we can use it to move rocks while mining (because I don’t see some one moving entire plots of boxes with gems inside)

I think he said they aren’t going to prevent this for now.

People already bring along mules or other accounts to carry supplies.

Since it can’t be used on Exo planets, it’s prob not going to be an issue.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what is considered an exploit by dev standards. As everyone seems to have a different definition.

2 Likes

It seems that most would consider any new item with a value that doesn’t fit snugly into the player-created economy an exploit :woman_shrugging:
(I disagree)

6 Likes

This is more an unbalanced issue than an exploit. I just feel exploit is using for everything now.

10 Likes

There was that Plots 0,0,0 generate footfall anytime some one enters the world that a bunch of people were abusing that no one got banned for.

people abuse them in this game all the time, they just dont report them, they should be banned.

6 Likes

this is an exemple of exploit.

9 Likes

Spot on!! Perfect answer!! Agree :100: . And why the devs need to set out a definition of what they consider to be an exploit in boundless.

6 Likes

Its pretty easy to spot a exploit

like hypothetically “something gave you a million coin when you shouldnt be getting any and then dont post it on the forums for fear its going to get removed”… its probably a exploit… but people still do it and then act all surprised when its fixed…

most of the time a cheater knows when they are cheating the only get upset/sorry when they get caught.

4 Likes

For now we can only say that obvious errors that give advantage are exploits.

Some examples that would be exploits:
Giving items in sactum and bringing them to the game world.
You drop 1 item and gain 2 back.
Managing to craft items without using up raw materials.
Running portals for free.

4 Likes

How do one know which is exploit from which are not?
Who will tell them that what they are doing is exploitng? There are many players that never used this forum before.

For example: Spark value was 28c before the hotfix. How do a normal player know that this is a bug? And dont tell me you gonna punish them because they just play the game, its the Dev’s fault.

5 Likes