Now what?

Anyone else finding themselves just logging in the game, wandering around aimlessly and then quitting? I really ran out of ideas on what to do.
I have 4M coins and 16k cubits and no more ideas. I have tried it all. It feels as if there is no more progression possible.

Regards,

10 Likes

Come along to Brown Town - there’s lots happening! Biggest hunt in the game at 8pm UTC daily, brand new mall filling up quick! (28 shops and counting!) Always people there hanging out :smiley:

5 Likes

I would say the main end-game is building, the issue is once you run out of build ideas then it really does become a game of “now what” - until the devs add more content I dont see this changing. Therefore, the main objective therefore then becomes finding new things to build.

At this point im entertaining myself with leading hunts for PS and helping to build hubs, with that said theres quite a few that still need fixing ahah

7 Likes

Donate some coin to brand new upcoming guilds, to give them their first ever guild buffs! It’ll also help them buy materials to get established a little faster. :grin::+1:t2:

3 Likes

I’m in the same sort of situation at the moment. I know I’ll get interested again, but it’s a bit of an effort to log in to earn enough coin to keep portals going just now.

3 Likes

I’m the same login start laying some blocks get board off that and end up finding myself just glancing at the screen.

3 Likes

I find myself doing that as well, player for a bit, farm is tedious, mining is good, but I do find myself wandering. I think I want to start over, I remember I would make my coffee at 4 am and hit the game until 8 at night it was so exciting. When finals had the hub I loved the game. Maybe I need to join an active guild in a community. I miss seeing other players around. But I do like the new planets.

1 Like

I still have unfinished builds (more finishing touches than in need of huge time investment), but I got to the same stage and I actually like that. It’s not “now what?” for me - I can actually go around and talk to people more, respond to trade offers and requests if I happen to have something other players need etc.
Basically, the social/group part of the game (I manage a few portal hubs so yeah, more time to keep an eye on those).

I still mine and hunt etc. - but at this stage it’s not because I suddenly need maths for crafting, but because I want to. All those activities happen less often because I have a lot of stuff in storages and that means mining, hunting etc. doesn’t happen as needed but as wanted (I really do those when I feel like).

Meantime I pick up some of the unfinished build projects and add some stuff, or put finishing touches or change original design a bit - but again, no more trying to be on time for some projected “opening” date, but when I feel like.

I have more time to craft and restock shoping stands too.

Long story short - reaching the stage that feels like current end game allows to actually live in the world rather than to be overly busy chasing the illusionary goals like having millions of coins, or a big settlement or a large machine and storage base with all possible crafting stations and coils and space for million of items.

Sometime I walk around one of my towns and enjoy the buildings around. I stop to see a sunrise or sunset, or quietly falling rain or a cool storm when visibility falls to 20 blocks. I like to look on my builds in snow too.

Of course it’s only possible to enjoy that part of the game when you are that kind of person - more goal oriented players will probably find it boring.

8 Likes

I remember the beginning days when I would just hang from a grapple at the top of the center tower in Ultima (Finata) for what seemed like forever and watch the world go by and the dozens of dozens of players running about.

10 Likes

I remember the days @Ratchel used to run hunts and drag me with. Now I don’t go hunting because he retired and there’s no one to drag me along.

3 Likes

For me the “now what” turned when I allowed myself to step in to an active upbuilding community.

It’s real fun again doing stuff together. Hunt, mine, contemplating next steps.

7 Likes

There are so many hunts out there like brown hunt and the former illuminaughty hunt or the GTG hunts or the hunts djdancecraft does. Brown hunt is beginner friendly and there is always someone who drags you. on the other hunts too so go hunting with us you are very welcome to each of them :blush:

4 Likes

Yea but it’s more about the friendship him and I have and how he used to come get me from wherever I was and drag me to the hunt start. I won’t get that with any other hunt.

4 Likes

i will forcefully drag you by the grapple to C. :o:. R. E. hunts then, if that makes it better

6 Likes

i can help with the dragging too

5 Likes

I could mention hunts again, but you already know about them. Just come down to Brown Town. Come hang out with us. We’ve got some crazy community events in the pipeline to keep the community going.

Actually, this is an open invitation for anyone who feels at a loose end.Just come hang out, there is usually someone around and they’re all lovely little piglets. You might find inspiration, learn something you didnt know, drag a spitter around for struggle walkies…and those guys that hang around there are the coolest people I’ve ever met. (No this is not a guild plug. I dont really care if you’re Brown or not)

13 Likes

speaking of hunts, hope you dont mind me plugging this in. everyone is welcome to come have fun!

(the hunts are alaskan based, so i understand if you est folks cant stay up even for our normal hunts)

2 Likes

Agreed! We’re all playing the same game here :smiley:

4 Likes

I did that like a year… I literally just ran like headless chicken… Without destination.
You At least have coins… (you can buy your mats not wait 5 days When everything is ready)
What i would suggest is that you watch some YouTube video Or pictures To get an inspiration…
You should ask yourself… What kinda house i like. What kinda style i like Then just start exploring the internet… I always found something To build that way.

4 Likes

I am going to join some hunts, move my build, and recreate a new home. When you get bored get inspired right.

2 Likes